Lost vape Orion suddenly stopped working

jhdelamain

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/1/2018 at 4:59 PM, Take The Night Off said:

Anyone had an update on this? Same thing happened to mine today.

Tried connecting to escribe but it's not recognised.

Sent a message to Lost Vape on their Facebook but got an auto response saying they're all on holiday for a week!

I am wondering the same, just got one that is doing the exact same thing. Really awkward. Randomly stopped right after i tried plugging it into my macbook to use the software with it - which didn't work, and then it randomly crapped out!

Anyone who can help on this?

• 2 weeks later...

Dang.. mine has been out of the box for less than 2 hours and I just picked it up to vape and no lights or anything. Seems totally dead. Plugged it into the computer and it doesn't see anything as a device so it seems to just be gone. Anyone have any luck other than support tickets?

All I can say is " My hat 's off" for Evolve Help desk.  I own several mods with various DNA chips but this was the first time  a DNA powered mod stopped dead. I am not blaming the chip, it could be a mirriad other reasons but what I'm driving at is that Evolve is stepping in to help.  Way to go! Bravo.

Also happened to me.  Took it out of the box, plugged it in to my computer and it bricked.  Currently waiting for my device to complete the RMA process.  Disappointed, but hoping I am satisfied with the device once I receive it because I want to like it.  Hopefully we get some sort of communication from Evolv regarding what's going on.

Mine just died as well. Had it for 1.5 days. Pods are also very tight. Requires a significant amount of force to put in and remove.

Was thinking of buying another while waiting for a refund/replacement, but I wonder if there are issues with these first few batches that need to be worked out.

1 hour ago, Rob Wigglezz said:

Is there a common denominator with the Orions that are dying? Are they dying while vaping, while charging, while connecting to escribe, or anything else? Anyone who had one stop working, can you post what you were doing as it stopped.

Well, I was driving and when it stopped I started cussing A LOT! Seriously,  I had just charged it, got in the car and the thing was dead. 

11 hours ago, Rob Wigglezz said:

Is there a common denominator with the Orions that are dying? Are they dying while vaping, while charging, while connecting to escribe, or anything else? Anyone who had one stop working, can you post what you were doing as it stopped.

I had 2 devices having same issue .. 1 died when I was trying to connect it to charge it .. And the other one died while I was vaping it in my hand .. One puff it was ok then died suddenly when trying to take another puff .. Very strange !

2 minutes ago, Fogwartz said:

i got mine too . after few days it's working fine but .after that it's stop working . the red light blink . so  i put on chrge and its charging for 10 sec. afte that it will become green so it's means is fully chrge . but again is not woking still blink red light 

Can you post a screenshot of Device Monitor while device is connected to EScribe?

• Like 1

Ok, so ill give you guys a little follow up on what went on with my case...

The first device i got was from VAPORDNA, it was sitting on the table, just after i had some puffs out of it. The next time i've tried using it it wasnt working. I sent it back to vaporDNA for a refund e got 2 new ones from a local vape shop in Vegas. 

After a week using the 2 new devices, one of them had a different issue. Everytime I tried to get some vape out of it, the purple light blinked a few times and it didnt work. Opened a Help desk ticket with evolv, and they tried to help me out (NICK). Ive oppened it up, the contacts were bad, so I moved it a little bit up and it came back to life, but just for a few minutes. So this one has a defective contact pin on it. It is so expensive for me to send it from Brazil to the US to get a repair that I gave up on it... Now its laying in my desk, useless.. 

The third and last one still works, but sometimes have the same contact issues, so i have to take of the pods, and put it back again. 

I'm sure there must be some kind of manufacturing issue with it. A lot of friends have had the same issues as I had. Sent some Emails to Lost Vape, but the only thing I heard from them was silence. 

I love everything Lost Vape, but I think its time to stick with my Mi-pod... the only issue I had was with bad pods, that smoking vapor happily refunded me and sent me a bunch of the new, improved ones. 

• Sad 1