Lost Vape Triade DNA 250 C²

sdkyron

I posted that so you could get the CSV file for your batteries not for the case analyzer  information....  yep google is your friend....

If no one has the info you want why not run analyzer yourself.... and post your results for others....  we try to share and help here.....

I've got my Triade DNA 250c today. My copper plug testing showed that mod resistance is 0.006 ohm. I cannot run Case Analyzer right now because I have three fully charged VTC6 batteries in. I'm gonna vape the shit out of this mod tomorrow and then, when batteries drop below 50% I will run Case Analyzer. So stay tuned.

PS. Lost Vape is manufacturing junk mods as always. Battery door does not come in full contact with the case, 510 pin pod is not secure (once atty is screwed in I can wiggle it back and forth). Garbage. Overpriced garbage. The only thing that calms me is that I got it for $112 from Wet Vapes and not for $165.

8 hours ago, slash1981 said:

I've got my Triade DNA 250c today. My copper plug testing showed that mod resistance is 0.006 ohm. I cannot run Case Analyzer right now because I have three fully charged VTC6 batteries in. I'm gonna vape the shit out of this mod tomorrow and then, when batteries drop below 50% I will run Case Analyzer. So stay tuned.

PS. Lost Vape is manufacturing junk mods as always. Battery door does not come in full contact with the case, 510 pin pod is not secure (once atty is screwed in I can wiggle it back and forth). Garbage. Overpriced garbage. The only thing that calms me is that I got it for $112 from Wet Vapes and not for $165.

From Wet Vapes Return Policy:

DOA, Missing, & Wrong Items
All "Dead on Arrivals" (DOA), Missing, or Wrong Item claims must be reported back to us within 48 hours from the time of delivery. Please inspect your items carefully upon receiving it, it is your responsibility to check within the time span and notify us of any problem.  Minor scratches, cosmetic issues, and discoloration are considered normal wear and tear and is not covered by warranty.

8 hours ago, slash1981 said:

Wow, that's sad, i guess i'm lucky then because mine doesn't have the 510 issue and my battery door is full contact everywhere, even with the battery strap, that's using VTC5a. I saw a review on youtube about that issue, and they suggested to remove the strap, but luckily i didn't have to do that :)

14 minutes ago, slash1981 said:

@retird, Neither applies. It's neither DOA no wrong item. Plus, it's not their fault. I'll fix this shifting pod issue myself - not a big deal. I was just sharing my experience. I'm pissed that I'm paying top buck for a garbage product - that's all. :D

Here's the VID with shifting pod.

My thought was maybe Wet Vapes (good folks) would replace it and send your current device to LV or get a credit.....  what I posted includes these words.." it is your responsibility to check within the time span and notify us of any problem.  "  Just trying to help ya.....  😊  My thoughts over the years is that any company making any product should take care of CS issues. (like Evolv does 😊)... if we don't address the issue with them, will anything change???  Have a great day....

• Like 1

I just got mine from the vape shop I work at for about 120 after my discount so I got a decent deal considering its still a relatively new product in the vape world but I'm sure after a month or so the price will drop. In regards to the battery door, mine closes all the way, I got the black/red door version. Have yet to screw an atty on it, in the process of setting it up. Also looking for case thermals but if I get some time today ill just run it myself and report back.

Can also say I have the Finder 250c and the lost vape triade 250c just feels and looks higher quality next to it.  ( I am a bit biased my triade 250 has been my fav mod for a while lol)

Edited by Th3T

On 8/4/2018 at 10:30 AM, retird said:

My thought was maybe Wet Vapes (good folks) would replace it and send your current device to LV or get a credit.....  what I posted includes these words.." it is your responsibility to check within the time span and notify us of any problem.  "  Just trying to help ya.....  😊  My thoughts over the years is that any company making any product should take care of CS issues. (like Evolv does 😊)... if we don't address the issue with them, will anything change???  Have a great day....

Yeah, I appreciate your suggestion. I'm sorry if I sounded a bit pissed - that was not my intent to offend you. I was a bit pissed but at LV not you :) I've contacted Wet Vapes today asking them if they would allow me to try and fix the wiggling pod without shipping it to them and whether it was gonna void the warranty. Let's see what they reply.

18 hours ago, Th3T said:

I just got mine from the vape shop I work at for about 120 after my discount so I got a decent deal considering its still a relatively new product in the vape world but I'm sure after a month or so the price will drop. In regards to the battery door, mine closes all the way, I got the black/red door version. Have yet to screw an atty on it, in the process of setting it up. Also looking for case thermals but if I get some time today ill just run it myself and report back.

Can also say I have the Finder 250c and the lost vape triade 250c just feels and looks higher quality next to it.  ( I am a bit biased my triade 250 has been my fav mod for a while lol)

I actually have Triade and Finder as well and I like Finder more :) Go figure...

1.jpg

15 minutes ago, slash1981 said:

Yeah, I appreciate your suggestion. I'm sorry if I sounded a bit pissed - that was not my intent to offend you. I was a bit pissed but at LV not you :) I've contacted Wet Vapes today asking them if they would allow me to try and fix the wiggling pod without shipping it to them and whether it was gonna void the warranty. Let's see what they reply.

Understand your frustration....😊  Let us know what Wet Vapes says......most vendors I've asked say it will void their vendor's warranty.... Wet Vapes are good folks.....

• Like 1

Ran Case Analyzer yesterday with ambient temperature around 72F.. Results are attached. Mod resistance appears to be 0.006 ohm. What I don't like is that even during the "cooling" stages throughout the analysis it was showing a charging going on at 0.001-0.003 amps. Which is not a good sign, really. Screenshot is attached a well.

22.jpg

analyzed_Triade.jpg

I've seen several posts saying the same thing.... been pondering what that could be....  3-one-thousands of an Amp....  I have no clue how the board is designed nor about the software and firmware design either.... so.... I ponder what that can be....

Could it be this:

When you charge the device the charging circuit balances the cells and even after the battery charge circuit stops charging you will notice the cells are still being balanced..  Could this be what you are seeing and does it really effect the Case Analyzer results significantly???  

That's my best guess (read my disclaimer at the bottom of my post... 😊)

17 minutes ago, retird said:

I've seen several posts saying the same thing.... been pondering what that could be....  3-one-thousands of an Amp....  I have no clue how the board is designed nor about the software and firmware design either.... so.... I ponder what that can be....

Could it be this:

When you charge the device the charging circuit balances the cells and even after the battery charge circuit stops charging you will notice the cells are still being balanced..  Could this be what you are seeing and does it really effect the Case Analyzer results significantly???  

That's my best guess (read my disclaimer at the bottom of my post... 😊)

The reason I'm concerned about it is because of THIS video. Bill is saying there that when you see charging while cooling off it means that mod is experiencing "leak-through" which causes mod to heat (even though it's not really charging) which, in its turn, leads to incorrect results of the whole Case Analysis. He also states that he saw it happening in (and I quote) "a mod of a certain Chinese brand that supported 2A charging".  So it's quite possible that Lost Vape is in fact this "certain Chinese mod" with 2A charging. :) In this case he recommends going with default values that mod has since any values we get after running Case Analyzer would not be correct.

The mod he alludes to that has the daughter board 2 amp charger is a Vapor Shark.... Vapor Shark had custom DNA boards made so they could use their own daughter board 2 amp charging circuitry and their wireless charging that they called "Zip "charging ...   As far as I know Lost Vapes never had a daughter board...

So the minute amperage he states will slightly effect the case cooling temperature results..... does it change the final analysis enough to matter?   And could the minute amperage of 0.003 just be balancing of the batteries...????  

As far as using the default settings they are not device specific.  All devices have their own case thermal properties. Each mod manufacturer should run analysis on their case and put the correct settings in their devices before shipping them, but many do not do that.

17 minutes ago, retird said:

Does it change the final analysis enough to matter? 

He says it does. However... Below you can see side-by-side results of Case Analyzer for Triade and Finder. When I ran Case Analyzer for Finder there was no amperage during the cooling - it was steady at 0.000 amps. The interesting part is that "Case USB Connect Temperature Rise" values are at 0F which technically should indicate that there was no temperature raise due to this minute amperage. On the other hand, "Case Static Temperature" value for Triade is significantly higher...

2018-08-07_16-31-12.png

Do both devices have exactly the same cases made by the same case manufacturer and the devices are exactly the same using the identical parts and batteries?  All of my DNA devices have different thermal results after running case analyzer as the case thermals depend on the case design, materials use to make the case, internal parts used in the design, batteries used,  and etc.    So the two devices you have show different results. What difference in use do you experience between the 2?   In the video Bill said some cheaper mods will have leakage.  You have one with leakage and one with no leakage.  Mod design?  Mod assemble issue?  Something else?  Who knows....

Just got a call from Wet Vapes. They told me they had received my mod and that they had decided to check 5 more Triades they had in stock. They confirmed that all 5 of them had this 1 mm of wiggling room on 510 pod when atty was completely screwed in. So it's either a batch they got or a shitty manufacturing from Lost Vape (which is most likely the case).

• 1 year later...
22 minutes ago, saschacolussi said:

Hi, been looking for the discharge profile for the vtc5a's did you got it for the triade? Also, saw that you ran the case analyzer but with issues, did you managed to get it right? Thanks a lot mate.

I have VTC5a curve profiles for a single and dual setups. Unfortunately, I don't have one for a triple setup. I think you can use the curve for dual setup posted HERE and simply change the watt/hours value to reflect a triple cell. As to case analyzer question - I ended up with the numbers I got as a result of running a Case Analyzer:

2019-09-20_134949.jpg

Edited by slash1981

1 minute ago, saschacolussi said:

Theanks for the batteries, but about the thermal, didnt you said that your mod had a problem and had to return it? meaning, the case analyzer you ran should be wrong right?

Nah. The issue that caused me to contact WetVapes was not related to mod's thermal readings. It was related to a 510 pod that was not secure. I since fixed it myself by taking a mod apart and tightening up the pod from the inside. What bothered me during Case Analyzer run was that even during the "cooling" stages throughout the analysis it was showing a charging going on at 0.001-0.003 amps. In the end I opted to ignore it and had been running on the values I got for over a year.