Anyone else really disappointed with the 250C?

DJT

Hi,

I had a 250 in my Lost Vape Triade, worked brilliantly. I've had my Think Vape Finder 250C for a month or so now... and I'm getting more despondent with it as time goes on! 

I've read many threads here about the battery display never showing the correct percentage. I have this issue as well. I've tried brand new battery packs as well as older ones, never shows more than 98%. This is by charging them in a Nitecore SC and also on the unit itself via USB. Now, if I put the same packs into my old 250, it shows the correct 100%! I've tried csv files that have been posted here for 3x LG HG2 and also VTC5D's. Same thing.

Escribe did update the 250C the first time I connected it, I'm wondering if this updated service pack has caused this issue, I guess you can't downgrade it either would that be right?

I don't have the parts required to do the battery analyser myself I'm afraid.

Will Evolv be bringing out an update to fix these issues I keep reading about on here or shall I just write it off as a bad investment and go back to my trusty 250?

Cheers.

Hi,

As I wrote in my original post "I don't have the parts required to do the battery analyser myself I'm afraid."

My real point is though, should I have to? My 250 works flawlessly and many other owners of the 250C have written on this forums about a few shortcomings with it, maybe it's time for Evolv to push out an new update?

Thank you for you assistance, it's really appreciated. I did all of the above bit no joy I'm afraid. As you can't alter the watt hour on the 250C I guess I'm just going to have to perform the battery analyser test. Can you point me in the direction of what I'll need? A guide basically! Again, thank you.

Still no joy. now reports 97%!!!

Other threads are talking about inaccurate battery measurement on the 250C. I honestly believe it's a problem y'know. NEVER had an issue on my 250. Makes me lose faith in the Reply feature, is that measuring properly? Who knows!

Is the DNA250c smart enough to match different brands of batteries to the corresponding CSV file?

For example, I charge all batteries externally and rotate between sets of VTC6, HG2, and 30Q. When I take out the VTC6s and put in the HG2s, does the DNA board automatically switch batter profiles?

I am not having any problems with battery levels, but don't normally pay much attention until they reach 50-60%. Just curios since it is somewhat related to the OP's question.

Thanks.

hum......, we know that as batteries age they lose capacity.   Here is a screenshot showing my 250C Li-Po pack at full charge.  It shows 100% charge  in Device Monitor and it also shows 100% and "Full Charge"  on my device screen with the Theme I use.  Run Battery Analyzer or do the quick fix as @Wayneo just posted and see what results you get.

Untitled.png

FOOTNOTE:     From quick Google search......

Charging a battery forces ions from the cathode to the anode; using the batteryreverses the flow. Over time, this process wears out the cathode, which results in reduced capacity. A high-end lithium-polymer battery can lose about 20 percent of its capacity after 1000 charge cycles.

If the cells are removeable, you can select "removeable battery" from the drop down menu in the "mod-battery" tab of EScribe. This replaces the CSV, gas gauging style of predicting battery life to simply looking at battery voltage.  This way you don't have to worry about running battery analyzer or having the correct CSV.

7 hours ago, ChunkyButt200 said:

If the cells are removeable, you can select "removeable battery" from the drop down menu in the "mod-battery" tab of EScribe. This replaces the CSV, gas gauging style of predicting battery life to simply looking at battery voltage.  This way you don't have to worry about running battery analyzer or having the correct CSV.

I don't have that option, even if I change the user interface to Manufacturer, I have Lithium Ion 18650 (3 cell), Lithium Polymer, LiFePO4 & Power Supply. Any clues‽ 🙂

@DJT, what are your battery voltages and battery curve? When in removable mode, the percentage it shows is based on the lowest of the battery cells. (If they are imbalanced, it will not show 100% until they are balanced. That may be what you are encountering.)

Hi, I can't access a 'removable mode' at all. Even though my three batteries I take out and charge in an external charger! Here's two screen shots for you. 99% is the highest it's ever shown and that was since I did the ' turn down the curve to 4.17' trick as explained above. This is a freshly charged set of batteries that are only a month old.

Screen Shot 2018-08-04 at 15.13.46.jpg

Screen Shot 2018-08-04 at 15.13.16.jpg