Lost Vape Paranormal 250c issues

Photo Pete

25 minutes ago, Arnold said:

Evolv is the manufacturer of lost vape's paranormal board, how does it change the matter?

Evolv manufactures their DNA boards and the device manufacturer decides what boards they want in their devices.  The Paranormal device is made by Lost Vapes and they chose to put an Evolv DNA board in it.... Evolv's boards are not device specific and as far as I recall only one device maker over the years asked for a special board to meet their specs to use a different charging circuit and those are no longer for sale... those being the Vapor Shark DNA devices.....

When a firmware update is available it is for the board and you never see a firmware update only for a specific device (such as a Paranormal)...

27 minutes ago, ShowerHead said:

If you are handy, open it up and look at the wiring especially at the 510 connector.

Just wondering why you'd suggest this when @Photo Pete said this

• The cold resistance of my builds reads consistently between the DNA250c and my other mods. 
  • The build reads at 0.251 ohms on the Paranormal DNA 250c and 0,250 ohms on my Arctic Fox mods. The Steam Engine prediction is 0.250 ohms
  • The DNA 250 is recording the temp within +/- 5F of the set temperature and the live resistance that is showing is in line with the temperature predicted by  the steam engine curve which I'm using for SS316L.

IMHO, the results will be exactly the same if he swaps it for any other calibrated DNA. 

2 minutes ago, Wayneo said:

Just wondering why you'd suggest this when @Photo Pete said this

• The cold resistance of my builds reads consistently between the DNA250c and my other mods. 
  • The build reads at 0.251 ohms on the Paranormal DNA 250c and 0,250 ohms on my Arctic Fox mods. The Steam Engine prediction is 0.250 ohms
  • The DNA 250 is recording the temp within +/- 5F of the set temperature and the live resistance that is showing is in line with the temperature predicted by  the steam engine curve which I'm using for SS316L.

IMHO, the results will be exactly the same if he swaps it for any other calibrated DNA. 

Is it reading consistent over time?
My main reason for saying that is the lousy QC of Lost Vape recently.
If you are going to give up, give up after exhausting all options. Then return to the AF compatible mods.

17 hours ago, Wayneo said:

@joeblowma As a solid AF user, are you using V4 on both your DNA mods and AF mods, or is that 316L TFR from Steam-engine?

The TFR profiles are built into AF so it's whatever the developers chose them to be, typically if I use TCR I'd use 120 (0.00120), so that the temperature settings are consistent between my mods as that seems to be around where most of them set their SS profiles. As I don't have a temperature gauge (or environment to get such readings properly) I'm willing to replace accuracy for consistency - that said I'm fully aware it's never going to be an accurate thermostat as long as I'm using essentially random wire and don't have the ability to calibrate it, just that coming from such mods v4 has provided me the closest experience.

5 hours ago, joeblowma said:

The TFR profiles are built into AF so it's whatever the developers chose them to be, typically if I use TCR I'd use 120 (0.00120), so that the temperature settings are consistent between my mods as that seems to be around where most of them set their SS profiles

That makes sense then why you'd use that v4 file. At one point that's what Joyeshite programmed into their boards, but even they changed back to 92 (0.00092). I think from what Pete said, you'd have the ability to load v4 in AF.

I also get intermittent weak TC puffs that show the 'Temp protected' error. Usually the 2nd or 3rd puff after waking up from sleep, and randomly, which is now becoming more frequent. That's with a clean tank and coil (multiple) after a refill or two.

• Like 1