Won't turn on from deep sleep

42 minutes ago, maximumsport said:

Just received mine back from EVOL. Awesome service guys! Works 100% now. Wakes up right away! Board was replaced. Also noticed they reprogrammed my battery graph a bit and it helps! Customer service from EVOL is superb!!

My new board worked great for a few days and then not so great.

6 minutes ago, DeadMan said:

I can say with my hand on heart that it is a firmware issue. I am not at liberty to say why, but trust me on this (read into this as you will).

Did nick from evolv really told you that a firmware fix will be out soon?

On 7/1/2018 at 4:56 PM, Jay@ADV said:

I have the same issue too id really like to know whats going on. and its totally intermittent. it did it to me twice the other day but it hasnt done it since i mentioned it to my manager lol. he suggested plugging it into the computer to get it back on and if that works then its a possible board issue . 

image.png.631b94a349bdbe5c31af846c09c244b8.png

JUST recieved this email from evolv. I guess we will have to wait and see what happens. 

image.png

Edited by Jay@ADV

32 minutes ago, WingedLion said:

My new board is now like the old board. I have to plug it into my computer or take out the batteries and put them back in to make it work. It's strange why it starts out great and then slowly gets worse. Don't know if that could be firmware or not.

Did you apply any themes or profiles from Escribe?

1 minute ago, maximumsport said:

Hey retird, 

Which 4 cell DNA 250C mod do you have? Been looking around for a decent one.

Thanks

The device is the reference mod  that was use in alpha/beta testing  the 250C  boards... it has the latest recommended firmware

I feel its hopeless. I just received the 2nd firmware from brandon this morning and it still has the same issue. When locked and left to idle, its hard to wake. The first firmware almost fixed the issue but when locked and i tried to wake it up an error message pops up. I've used a lot of mods, different brands and models and this is the first time I've enountered this problem. What would you feel if you were in my place? 

1 hour ago, Arnold said:

I feel its hopeless. I just received the 2nd firmware from brandon this morning and it still has the same issue. When locked and left to idle, its hard to wake. The first firmware almost fixed the issue but when locked and i tried to wake it up an error message pops up. I've used a lot of mods, different brands and models and this is the first time I've enountered this problem. What would you feel if you were in my place? 

I'm not sure you should be discussing this openly. But in any case. You need to hard boot the mod and then reflash with the latest firmware. The press up error will then not show after the first flash (I am guessing you got that after the initial flash). Then hard reboot again. Coming out of deep sleep it requires 'two' key presses. I have already notified Brandon of this. Patience my friend. I am sure they are working hard on resolving it. The fact that I can wake it without much fuss at the moment is promising. I can live with a two button press to wake it if all else fails.

To anyone else reading this. Please do not ask for the beta firmware. It's being tested and we are in conversation with Evolv to try and resolve this. If a mod deems it neccessary to delete either of these posts feel free. But the cat is already out of the bag for those reading these posts ;)

Edited by DeadMan

Alpha and Beta firmware, software, and etc. for most companies is tested and bugs are expected until all that are found are resolved..... You can look at the Early Firmware/ EScribe thread on this forum where early firmware may be put out for folks wanting to try it before it becomes a recommend update.....  Alpha/Beta testing is a different process.... and usually confidential with most companies.....   

4 hours ago, Arnold said:

Have you tried leaving the mod locked? 

I never lock mods as a rule except mechs, as a matter of fact I always turn off the autolocking  function, on the 5 DNA mods I have, via escribe and change the unlock sequence to 2 hits of the fire button

Edited by clivy