Won't turn on from deep sleep

19 hours ago, DMAN said:

I don't know if I should send mine to Evolv or not.

It's expensive shipping I would guess, so maybe better to wait for the firmware fix.

I agree about the shipping costs, I have 2 with the fault 1 much worse than the other but to send them both to the US would nearly cost me as much as a new 250c mod shipped from China.

I am going to wait on the firmware upgrade fix as well but it really is nice to know that Evolv is fixing them if they cant solve it with firmware

On 5/10/2018 at 7:57 AM, bender said:

I have a similar problem with my Paranormal DNA 250C. After it went to sleep for a while it would not switch on the screen when a button is pressed. I pressed then some *wild* button combinations (because I thought the device went in some blocked mode) until the screen came back on and i could unlock the device with the normal 5x button press.  Happend sofar 3-4 times and I got the device now for a week.

I will try to find out if its just a time delay after the first button press or try some slight wiggling in the usb port to see if this helps...

I would be interestred to know if this is a firmware issue (i have still the original one) or a hardware issue (then i would send back my device for replacement)

Thanks...

I have the same issue too id really like to know whats going on. and its totally intermittent. it did it to me twice the other day but it hasnt done it since i mentioned it to my manager lol. he suggested plugging it into the computer to get it back on and if that works then its a possible board issue . 

I just got two Finder DNA250C - a red and a black one. Only the RED  one shows the "I do not want to wake up"-fault. 

red:   Version 1.1 SP33.2 INT - produced May 4, 2018

black: - Version 1.1 SP33 INT - produced March 23, 2018

First of all I disabled "deep sleep" in escribe  and loaded to device …  did not solve the problem ...

Loaded default theme of my Paranormals, which do not show this fault …  did not solve the problem

enabled and disabled "deep sleep" in escribe again and loaded to device - took battery off and put it back - let device  start … 

Fault of "not waking up from deep sleep" did not show up again … fine 😁

3 hours ago, Sternenwolf said:

I just got two Finder DNA250C - a red and a black one. Only the RED  one shows the "I do not want to wake up"-fault. 

First of all I disabled "deep sleep" in escribe  and loaded to device …  did not solve the problem ...

Loaded default theme of my Paranormals, which do not show this fault …  did not solve the problem

enabled and disabled "deep sleep" in escribe again and loaded to device - took battery off and put it back - let device  start … 

Where did you find the "Deep Sleep" option in Escribe?

Edited by maximumsport

Update from my side:

The problem with my Paranormal DNA 250C seems as Jetro explained on 16th of May to be related when using freshly charged cells.

When I put two fully charged cells (I use two EFEST 18650 3000mA 35A 3.7V charged to 4.2 V) into the device, It would not turn back on from deep sleep. It comes back on directly plugging in the usb cable connected to a 5V power source (a bit a problem when out and about...) If continue a bit of vaping and drain the batterys a bit, the problem would not happen again untill i put back in freshly charged batteries and let the device go to sleep.

Some times I manage to get the device back on again if I open the Battery compartment and then hold down the fire button ~30 sec. After closing the device again It some times comes back.

My current firmware version is: 1.1 SP33 INT

Board settings can be seen from the attached image...

I will try with the new firmware and see if it improoves...

Bildschirmfoto 2018-07-09 um 00.18.37.png

On 7/3/2018 at 7:06 AM, Sternenwolf said:

I would also be interested where you find the "deep sleep" otion in escribe

So far I could only locate the "Automatically lock when idle" option under the "safety" panel in escribe...

Thanks!

Edited by bender
Typo

So sorry Guys and Girls

nothing so far is really solving the problem … and I am not sure, that  a real "Deep Sleep function" really exists 

My way by disable the "lock function" (which I missunderstood as "Deep Sleep" in cause of my small English) only "worked" for one and a half day - and the "not waking up" came back after next following night.

The box always wakes up when USB is plugged in … 

It does not matter how much the batteries are charged ...

I do not think either, that there is a fault in the battery compartment

The mod keeps working fine al long as I keep using it at least every 30 minutes

Meanwhile I think, the fault can not get fixed by a new firmware update … and the box needs a new DNA-board instead.  So I informed my Vendor (3Fvape). I sent a video, how the mod does not start with two sets of fully charged batteries, then start once - and does not start again with the other set.  Then the box started with the first set - and no start with the set, that worked a minute before … 

20 hours ago, DMAN said:

Someone on another thread returned their mod. It came back with a new board, and still had the original fault.

That was me. The one improvement of the new board is if you turn off automatically lock when idle then it works as it should. The old board it didn't make a difference if that option was turned off or on it still wouldn't wake up.

it's f@#$ing useless. They had it sent back just to be partially repaired, how about the others that are overseas and has to pay extra for shipping because evolv only covers free shipping in the u.s.? So i guess my mod will just be a 6000 peso paper weight. Im totally disappointed, this would be my first and last mod from evolv/lostvape. Will somebody make a video and post it to youtube to warn the others planning to go for this mod/brand thas has this kind of problem and this kind of after sales

Seems to me you're speaking in behalf of evolv. Not all cases are the same, maybe it worked for you but not on others. I've already used a lot of brands, some of them are not that good but can be simply fixed by an updated firmware. To you, evolv may have the best customer service but to me not the best board manufacturer. They've come a long way, from dna40 to dna250c, we shouldn't be facing this kind of issues by now already. WingedLion sent his mod and returned halfway fixed, it works fine if you turn off the autolock feature but if its on it doesn't. So why did they put the feature in the first place if you can't use it?? Is he going to return it again to evolv or just live with the fact that his expensive mod is returned to him by evolv not totally fixed? I have watched a ton of reviews before i purchased mine, and all of them gave a positive feedback. But its them not me, i had the worst experience using my dna250c. I only enjoyed it for 2 days and now here i am, surfing the web for other possible solution because it will cost me the same sending it to evolv than buying a new one.

--this is a reply to retrd's post.

Edited by Arnold

7 hours ago, Arnold said:

Seems to me you're speaking in behalf of evolv. Not all cases are the same, maybe it worked for you but not on others. I've already used a lot of brands, some of them are not that good but can be simply fixed by an updated firmware. To you, evolv may have the best customer service but to me not the best board manufacturer. They've come a long way, from dna40 to dna250c, we shouldn't be facing this kind of issues by now already. WingedLion sent his mod and returned halfway fixed, it works fine if you turn off the autolock feature but if its on it doesn't. So why did they put the feature in the first place if you can't use it?? Is he going to return it again to evolv or just live with the fact that his expensive mod is returned to him by evolv not totally fixed? I have watched a ton of reviews before i purchased mine, and all of them gave a positive feedback. But its them not me, i had the worst experience using my dna250c. I only enjoyed it for 2 days and now here i am, surfing the web for other possible solution because it will cost me the same sending it to evolv than buying a new one.

--this is a reply to retrd's post.

I'm just like a lot of others who volunteer their time here to help others and moderate the forum..... 

At the bottom of each of my post it says " *** I am not an employee of and do not represent Evolv Inc.  My opinions are just that and are not meant to be fact or even correct. ***"  

ATTENTION

Hey guys. Im not sure if this has vbeen addressed yet but it IS a faulty board. Contact Evolv and let them know. I had it happen to my Rebel 250c. It is a known issue and there is no fixing it. This is an issue with the board and evolv will replace it for free. They want all these boards so that they can figure out how it happened. I did notice that now that i have a new board my fire button seems to be "more clicky", I think that is where the issue lies but it has to be replaced by evolv.

On 5/21/2018 at 12:03 AM, Jetro said:

My Paranormal that won't startup properly is still dependent on the battery voltage be under 3.70 volts  to start with no issues. Themes and firmware make no difference.

I also got a Thinkvape Finder 250c. It has zero issues starting or vaping.  I now have 3 250c mods.  Two that have no problems and one that won't startup properly.

I read some where on the web that someone was having startup issues and they had strange voltages on battery 3 and 4 on their Paranormal. As you know these boards can be wired for 2, 3  or 4 batteries. So I modified the default theme to show the 4 batteries. This is what I found :

The Paranormal with problems starting, battery 3 reads 0.234 to 0.932 volts usually 0.547 volts , battery 4 reads 0.354 to 0.737 volts usually 0.604 volts.

The Paranormal with no issues, battery 3 reads 0.010 to 0.035 volts usually 0.010 volts, battery 4 reads 0.007 to 0.009 volts.

The TV Finder with no issues, battery 4 reads 0.005 to 0.056 volts, usually 0.024 volts.

If you want to check this out here is the theme. You can lock the mod and turn off autolock  from Main screen.  The battery screen is accessed from the Settings screen so you can see the voltages.

JT

Default 250C 4 Batt for testing.ecigtheme

On 5/21/2018 at 8:06 PM, Jetro said:

When I made the theme all I did was make a battery screen that has voltage fields for four cells. Cell1, Cell2, Cell3 and Cell4.

It makes no difference whether the batteries are charging or not or whatever voltage they are at.  I am seeing the same small amount of voltage on cells 3 &4 on the Paranormals and cell 4 on the Finder.

As far as how I am getting these voltage readings on the nonexistent batteries I have no idea. All I can say is what I see in the fields on the screen. Because of the way the balance connection is jumpered from the positive terminal of the battery to the unused pins on the balance connector it should not show any voltage on the nonexistent cells. But it does. Other than voltage or current leakage in the balance circuit I have no explanation to why it shows these small voltages. But it does and it is fairly consistent. Also on the Finder and Paranormal that wake up and work properly the voltages are very small ( .005 to .056 volts ). The Paranormal that will not wake up as in my first post in this thread the voltages on cells 3 & 4  are between .234 & .932 volts. Again, I have no idea why.

PM sent

JT

Out of curiosity I have made also a theme like Jetro described for my Paranormal 250C (which has only two batteries) which will display the voltage reading for all 4 batteries.

I can confirm that my device (which will not wake up with fully charged battries) is showing strange voltage readings for the non-existing battery 4!

Typical readings are:

Battery 1 (existing): 4.075V

Battery 2 (existing): 4.145V

Battery 3 (not-existing): 0.011V

Battery 4 (not-existing): 1.013V

If I drain Batteries 1 and 2 to around 3.7V I don't have any issue to start the device from 'deep sleep', but the voltage reading for battery 4 will still read 0.95V - 1.01V ! Battery 3 is always around 0.01V...

I did not change the battery configuartion (2 batteries) of my device, just added to display the voltages for batteries 1-4 in the theme. Could it be that the board is checking these voltages during boot-up and refuses to start due to inconsitencies? Are these checks perhaps some-how bypassed when  connected to USB?

Bender