OK, So WHEN is this NEW software for the 75C coming out?

Joe M.

On 4/11/2018 at 11:34 AM, James said:

75C Replay is progressing. It is markedly more consistent than a week ago. We will get there :)

It can't come soon enough!

Since the one of the reasoning behind developing Replay was consistent flavour, has Evolv considered investigating changes in Power delivery dependant on PG/VG ratio?  They have very different boiling points  and therefore the ratio has a direct effect in how the vaporised juice tastes. Obviously this is very more nuanced, needs a lot of testing in many respects and would probably be more suited to more advanced users. However, I think it is something worth investigating in the future.

Even without the Replay feature the C chips are a welcome change and have increased my love of DNA mods. Been using a DNA250C for a few days now and Replay is impressive and a game changer for those who never really understood TC IMO. For those who have there DNA's dialed in for TC Replay won't be a revelation but a welcome addition for those coils that can give you trouble. I have been able to get much better results using Replay with a SS430 Clapton that I had just about given up on as my go to SS430 profile which works great with my usual SS430 wire. I was also able to get a premade SS316 coil from eleaf to work much better using Replay. I could have gone back and made a profile to work with these coils in normal TC but why bother when you have Replay.

Was never a big fan of the original DNA75, sold them all but one a while ago. The DNA75C is another animal though, got 1 for review and wound up buying 3 more. The 85% efficiency is a bummer but aside from that it is great as long as it is a dual battery version, my single 18650 feels like it is charging more than being used. Replay will be an awesome addition but until that day comes I will just use my normal TC builds for excellent results. 

• Like 1

Watching this thread intently.  I have the DNA 250C Paranormal & am loving it.  I was not a fan of drippers because I would over drop constantly to avoid dry hits.  Or I would dry hit & burn the cotton.  Then be done with that dripper until I could get home to rewick.

With ‘Replay’ I am totally in love with drippers again.  Dry hits are impossible with ‘Replay’.  Really looking forward to upgrading my DNA 75C’s for the same experience.  Soooooo many good drippers I’ve never played with are now calling me.

5 minutes ago, sheerluckholmes said:

Watching this thread intently.  I have the DNA 250C Paranormal & am loving it.  I was not a fan of drippers because I would over drop constantly to avoid dry hits.  Or I would dry hit & burn the cotton.  Then be done with that dripper until I could get home to rewick.

With ‘Replay’ I am totally in love with drippers again.  Dry hits are impossible with ‘Replay’.  Really looking forward to upgrading my DNA 75C’s for the same experience.  Soooooo many good drippers I’ve never played with are now calling me.

I wouldn't say I'm in love with drippers but at least I use them now so that is a step in the right direction... I just wish they would tell us when the 75C update is coming! I don't care when it is they just need to tell us... all this checking every day is getting tiresome.

• Like 1

I think we should stop complaining and be -glad- that they will release this function in the 75C also. You got the product without it. (period)

Only thing I would like to know is: where can we find out if there is a new firmware for our 75C product ? (got a Lost Vape Paranormal and an HCigar euh what was it again, 75C at least included :p)

(I only know of 2 ways, Escribe will announce it or via the site of the mod producer itself...)

Thank you!

I have been surprised that only the Boxer Squonker,  the Lost Vape Paranormal & the Think Vape Finder have released a DNA 250C mod.  I was fully expecting Hcigar and a few others to release a DNA 250C as well.  Evolve does not want to compete with their wholesale customers or do anything that would hurt their wholesale customers sales.  I believe releasing the  DNA 75C ‘Replay’ upgrade might negatively impact the sales of their wholesale customers.  I believe Evolv is waiting for the buying surge of DNA 250C mods to level off before releasing 75C update.  If, indeed, there are more 250C coming out in the near future it will be awhile yet for the 75C.

Just my 0.02 cents adjusted to $2.00 for inflation.  

Edited by sheerluckholmes

This stalling tactic of releasing Replay for 75C is just sad -- some of us bought the 75C recently only because this was coming to it and i would have played the waiting game on the device (opt for a sale, or price drops) more than the firmware if i knew this was gonna happen.

• Like 1

@sam.... Welcome to the Forum....  I posted this in another thread the other day and will post it here....

I'm confident that when Evolv feels the  Replay addition to the 75C is stable enough and any major and most minor bugs corrected they will release it.  Replay was designed into the new 250C and was not just an update to an old board.  Replay for the 75C is an update for the legacy 75C so more work must be done to modify the software/firmware designed for the 250C to get any kinks properly addressed in order for it to work in the 75C.   The work of the software/firmware guys, the hardware guys, the alpha/beta testers work, and etc. all reach a point eventually where they feel is is ready to release.  As a member of the alpha/beta team for many years I have seen many times when a release is just about to pop and something is found that needed a bit more work. This pushes the release  date further down the road a bit.  Hopefully this info will give folks a better understanding of the process.... after all which company always brings out the NEW technology first?   Replay is closer to release for the 75C now than it was a week ago.....

• Like 2

3 hours ago, retird said:

As a member of the alpha/beta team for many years

Okay can you tell us if the Replay firmware is in 'alpha' or 'beta' or 'release candidate' stage... would help those of us that are constantly refreshing this thread.