OK, So WHEN is this NEW software for the 75C coming out?

Joe M.

Hey everyone, 

Just a general question here, so like when is this NEW software for the 75C with the Replay feature supposed to be coming out?

They said ONCE the 250C's hit the market, well they selling NOW, so where's the update(s)??

Oh, and what version of eScribe am I going to need to run & install it??? 

Sorry to sound pushy here, but I've been waiting on pins & needles for it since it was announced, and I bloody hell can't wait!!!

Thanks folks

L8R

• Like 4

I would like to second that inquiry - a little less impatient, but none the less insisting.

In fact I just registered here in order to emphasize to you good people from Evolv that there are indeed people waiting for that.

I've been an almost exclusive Evolv vaper except for some mechs since the DNA25/40 days and haven't looked back. Since I never had any major issues with your wonderful chipsets I didn't have the need to register here.

I'm also an independent software developer and therefore am aware that it's not always easy to predict an exact release date, more so when you have one team working on different "in-development" projects like I can imagine the DNA250C is. However being in that business for >20 years I know that it is absolutely crucial to communicate progress to your customers.

You jumped the gun and announced on DJLSB's video that a DNA75C replay will come "some time" after the DNA250C is released - mods with it have hit the store so I guess YOUR release to the modders was a "long time ago".

You should have enough experience with software development and user emotions by now that you could've known better than to announce that 75C update in an unspecified manner that you did.   
BUT since you did, I expect some progress reporting and some more (or less) refinement on when we can actually expect that update to hit your servers.

Simply ignoring paying customers asking a simple question is not the way to go.

May I please politely inquire for you to do so? Just a bit more verbosity than saying nothing would be greatly appreciated here.

TiA :)

• Like 4

Updating the 75c with Replay mode will most likely cannibalize the 250c sales a bit, so I understand that Evolv would want to hold off with an update until the diehard fans buy their new units. 

But, they already said in multiple videos that Replay is coming to the 75c and shot themselves in the foot. It would make sense for them to release it soon since they already made a PR move that would limit the sales of their new chip and devices. 

Thanks slypanda. 

Thing is all of the things you mention are known and I totally understand if/that Evolv is going that route. Totally agree on the shot->foot analogy :)

What's simply not understandable to me is their lack of communication.

They keep chiming in on all different topics here and there, so why all that silence?

I want to hear from them. I want an honest answer and if possible a rough estimate. "Some time" is not an estimate. 

(If one wants to go down the guessing game road one could even ponder that this single, innocent remark about the 75C was intended to increase sales of 75C devices as well. However, I don't want to go down that road :) )

Edited by w007

I bought a Therion 75c after the pbusardo interview where I first heard of Replay coming to the 75c. I’m checking the forums multiple times a day and would like a solid release window too. 

I agree that keeping their customers waiting with no communication is painful to those of us who are enthusiasts. 

I hope Evolv doesn’t get Apple syndrome where they require a hardware upgrade for a feature that could be easily added in software to previous gen. 

All we can do is reach out to their social media platforms and hope they notice us. 

1 hour ago, Slypanda said:

I bought a Therion 75c after the pbusardo interview where I first heard of Replay coming to the 75c. I’m checking the forums multiple times a day and would like a solid release window too. 

I agree that keeping their customers waiting with no communication is painful to those of us who are enthusiasts. 

I hope Evolv doesn’t get Apple syndrome where they require a hardware upgrade for a feature that could be easily added in software to previous gen. 

All we can do is reach out to their social media platforms and hope they notice us. 

Evolv is NOT Apple. A small company with a small staff. While I look forward to trying “Reply” on my new Lost Vape Mirage DNA75C, after waiting approximately over TWO YEARS, for Escribe on MAC, I guess I’ve learned to be EXTREMELY patient with Evolv, they did make good on that Mac version promise! I understand folks wanting more company feedback, but I’ve always excused them, by figuring hopefully they spend more time working on these demands, then answering every “where is my new toy” question. If you spend any time on this forum, you will see it’s mostly unpaid user supported folks answering questions. Feel free to ask 10 times a day, where is REPLY for my DNA75C? But in the end, you’ll learn the hard way, it will be ready, when it’s READY!

• Like 2

Thank you @mactavish for the history lesson.... I've been using Evolv stuff since the Darwin days, alpha or beta tested every one except for one over the years, and I could write a book about what could possibly delay a release of a board/software/firmware/update and etc.  As you know when they plan on a release, being their best estimate, they are also working on several new things also that may materialize in the future.  Knowing Evolv and the folks there I am not hesitant to say that they have not held back, as far as I know, on a release just to increase sales on something else.  Heck you can still buy DNA20, 40, 25, 60, and etc. boards. When the update that gives Replay to the 75C is ready to be released it will be put out.  

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, retird said:

Thank you @mactavish for the history lesson.... I've been using Evolv stuff since the Darwin days, alpha or beta tested every one except for one over the years, and I could write a book about what could possibly delay a release of a board/software/firmware/update and etc.  As you know when they plan on a release, being their best estimate, they are also working on several new things also that may materialize in the future.  Knowing Evolv and the folks there I am not hesitant to say that they have not held back, as far as I know, on a release just to increase sales on something else.  Heck you can still buy DNA20, 40, 25, 60, and etc. boards. When the update that gives Replay to the 75C is ready to be released it will be put out.  

Yeah, you’ve been on board since the ship set sail. We all want the latest TOYS ASAP, and unfortunately it’s only when you get OLD, like me, you only begin to learn what patience is. By that I mean, what I’ve come to learn, as soon as we have REPLAY, most of us will crave the NEXT BEST THING! Ah, the carousel of life. 

• Like 2

For my 10 cents, I enjoy the vape from the 75C I acquired to try the Replay mode.
I don't think that Replay is going to change the way I vape as I love TC with SS430.
That's how I have vaped for years. No problem whatsoever.

Having said that, I will try Replay when its released and see if it is something I want.
I do understand for many it will be nice since there are those who say dialing TC in is too hard.

1 minute ago, ShowerHead said:

For my 10 cents, I enjoy the vape from the 75C I acquired to try the Replay mode.
I don't think that Replay is going to change the way I vape as I love TC with SS430.
That's how I have vaped for years. No problem whatsoever.

Having said that, I will try Replay when its released and see if it is something I want.
I do understand for many it will be nice since there are those who say dialing TC in is too hard.

Now that’s the way to approach LIFE. I doubt REPLAY is going to dramatically change my vaping life, so why stress about when it’s coming out.

For those newbies here, you can choose to monitor threads so you will get an email notification when a new message is posted, so you don’t have to constantly keep looking for an update. 

• Like 1

I guess a positive way to look at this thread is that Evolv has created a product that many people love and a feature that reviewers and users are very happy with. 

Excitement and anticipation for a feature is a good thing.  I don’t think any users are actually upset there isn’t an update yet, they just want their devices to be the best that they can be. 

I recently bought a dna75c mod as a result of the news in that DJLSB's video with Brandon on Replay coming to this chip; not interested in a 250c so the early heads up/ news made a sale in respect to me, else i would not have upgraded.

55 minutes ago, sams said:

I recently bought a dna75c mod as a result of the news in that DJLSB's video with Brandon on Replay coming to this chip; not interested in a 250c so the early heads up/ news made a sale in respect to me, else i would not have upgraded.

Exactly the same here too

Relax everyone.  Evolv never sold DNA75C with Replay as a feature. We're getting it as an added benefit. It will be ready when it's ready. If they were worried about it affecting 250C sales they wouldn't have announced the availability of the feature on the 75C preemptively. Having said that, I cant wait to try it and I certainly don't plan on ever buying a large device like the 250C to try it.

Also, while Apple isn't perfect, just contemplate on the fact that iPhones go at least 4-5 of continuous updates, while most of the Android devices out there are still running the stock Android version they were sold with after 4-5 years.

Lost Vape Mirage 'User Manual'. Section 8. Puff Replay: Puff Replay is a new feature to the DNA 75C that allows the user to save ....

Obviously Lost Vape expected the Mirage to have the Replay firmware installed when they re-printed their manual ( well scruffy single A4 sheet). Anyone wish to have a go at them for this 'missing' feature?

Have they just jumped the gun - or does Evolv have problems with the replay firmware?

It's also on the box - Puff Replay

• Like 1

If the release of replay depends on sales of the 250c we are hosed.

ive only seen 2 mods available so far with the new 250c . the finder and paranormal thiereon so far 

and a few home brew modders who build nice mods. the long and short is that the dna 75c will always appeal to a certian crowd

of vapers and the 250c likewise. they are rediculously witholding the 75c software like a catholic trying to stop an unwanted pregnancy

your results may vary.

you can rest assured this software is ready and has been for some time.

Both of these boards will continue to sell equally well.   i see no financial gain to do so looking at the big picture.

customer satisfaction is what sells mods. evolv knows better than to mistreat thier bread and butter customers like us who have supported them from day one, i dont honestly think thats where we are but anything can happen where money is concerned. playing keep awaqy for too long is going to cause mistrust in the honesty and integrity of a company that so far has even gone to the lenghts of supporting and continuing to manufacture older models that still work veery well.

everyone has LIMITS

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Digby said:

Lost Vape Mirage 'User Manual'. Section 8. Puff Replay: Puff Replay is a new feature to the DNA 75C that allows the user to save ....

Obviously Lost Vape expected the Mirage to have the Replay firmware installed when they re-printed their manual ( well scruffy single A4 sheet). Anyone wish to have a go at them for this 'missing' feature?

Have they just jumped the gun - or does Evolv have problems with the replay firmware?

It's also on the box - Puff Replay

That's just Lost Vape jumping the gun or just preemptively putting it in their manual; that's their problem.

I don`t think that the DNA 250c is a concurrency for the DNA 75c. Much Customer don`t need so much Power, 75W is enough for much Users.

If Nobody has told us about the Feauture, Nobody will wait for it. But someone has told about the Feature for the 75c and so People waiting and hope, that they`ll get it in near future, i thing their right. 

I don`t know, where is the Problem to offer it in "early escribe...."? So some User who want, can test on their own risk and can give feedback, to make the things better before it go out to the Big World....

• Like 1

As far as I understood from the DJLSB interview, the replay feature will be added to the DNA 75C, AFTER Evolv have ensured that any kinks and bugs has been ironed out, by the feedback from the DNA 250C users. 

That is absolutely fine with me. Let the rich people be guineapigs for once ;)

I am just as eager to get the replay feature, BUT I am equally ready to wait, untill it meets the usual high standards, I have come to expect from Evolv DNA based mods.
Untill Evolv is satisfied with, I will continue to use my homebuilt Analog Box Mods 2x700 DNA75C Squonker, and keep on enjoying the consistent, flavour filled vape I get from the DNA 75C in TC mode, combined with the Wasp Nano, and the Advken Gorge RDA's.

The reason I am looking forward to Replay, is to use it with my Cthulu Mesh RDA's, since they are damn hard to dial in when using TC. But untill then, they still work fine with power mode use, so not having Replay, doesn't mean I am unable to vape on those RDA's, or for that matter any other RDA.

Don't pester Evolv about a releasedate. They have stated that it will be added, and they will stand by their word. They haven't promised a date or time, just "sometime after the DNA250C is released..." which isn't a lie, nor a F.U.D. statement. When they are satisfied with the Replay function, we will be satisfied as well.

So the only thing I can say, to those who might feel entitled to the Replay feature on the DNA 75C, just because the DNA 250C has been released, is : "Patience, Grasshopper. Rome wasn't built in one day. Let Evolv do their magic, and be happy that you get an extra feature for your mod, when it is ready.  If you can't wait for the replay feature, get a DNA 250C board, swap the DNA75C board out from your mod, and rewire the battery connections to a 2S,  3S  or even a 4S confiuration, and enjoy the replay feature. "

Just my 0.02€ worth...

Edited by DutchDK
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

cant i just enjoy the dna75c for what it is,, and know that "some time" in the future the Silly cheap Lost vape mirage with dna75c in it will get an upgrade to firmware

Temp limiting Works, works well, Happy with that

the ability to run NiFe30 wire, or Ni200 , "happy with that"

I recently purchased the Lost Vape Mirage specifically for the replay feature. However, I can easily wait until they are ready to release it. I have many other real nice mods, but this is my first DNA mod, and am blown away by the accuracy, the functionality, ease of use, and the sheer joy of using the DNA75c. I don't doubt that all my future mods will be DNA equipped.  The upgrade will come when it comes, but for now, I am very satisfied with the Mirage.