Issues with Replay

subohm

Hopefully someone can chime in, I seem to be having the same issues or even worst. I cant even "save puff" at all in replay mode. I'm using Lightning vapes 316l fused clapton dual coils 2x26 wrapped with 316l 36 gauge. "Save puff" doesn't display before, during, or after firing. Looked to see if there were any firmware updates, hard rebooted, tried different rta's still all the same results.  Hope this isn't another gimick that doesn't work like some other manufacturers.  Pretty frustrated at this point...

Edited by johara45

could it be a resistance issue? loose wire connection in posts? using spaced coils? what does atomizer analyzer "ohms" look like if you play with your build....tighten post screws and tighten atty down on mod while watching the value. the ohms should stay relatively stable.

i had the same issue but i had to tighten my 510 GND brass nut on my DIY 250C box.

42 minutes ago, ChunkyButt200 said:

could it be a resistance issue? loose wire connection in posts? using spaced coils? what does atomizer analyzer "ohms" look like if you play with your build....tighten post screws and tighten atty down on mod while watching the value. the ohms should stay relatively stable.

i had the same issue but i had to tighten my 510 GND brass nut on my DIY 250C box.

You were right it must be a bad resistance problem. Just tried a Uwell Crown III and it started working. Not sure if there is a problem however with the Paranormal itself. Between my Paranormal and Therion 75c there is almost .10 ohms difference while my 75c wasn't updated to have the Replay feature. Tried tightening my posts set screws super tight and Replay still doesn't work using the Digiflavor Themis, and the Pharoah Mini. Also I haven't yet seen .25 Uwell Coils reading .37 ohms on any device until now usually I see maybe +/- .03 at most. That seems pretty far off from what I'm used to seeing a difference at. Never had a problem with these two tanks or any rebuildable tanks under temp control before. Maybe the paranormal is either crap or just to finickey

Edited by johara45

Pretty sure I jacked the theme up.  The special box that is enabled when the device is replay ready was missing on the main screen.

Telling EScribe to restore defaults, or using the default theme button on the themes tab did not restore it.  It seems to place the standard color theme on the device which is not aware of the replay feature.

On a side note, using the 'Restore Defaults' with my device sets my Paranormal 250C up as a 4 battery mod when causes you to spend half an hour trying to understand the 'Check Battery' warning...

Hopefully a service pack will be out quickly, I think I am going to enjoy Replay once I'm done touching all the settings.  I really want to get away from making spaced coils.

edit: I'm glad I saved the original theme shortly after I started playing with it or I would have been stuck, even reflashing the device didn't help.  The theme designer doesn't seem to require you to actually save anything for your changes to make it to the device.

Edited by subohm

4 hours ago, subohm said:

edit: I'm glad I saved the original theme shortly after I started playing with it or I would have been stuck, even reflashing the device didn't help.  The theme designer doesn't seem to require you to actually save anything for your changes to make it to the device.

In EScribe select Help/Backups....... ecig files

Always good to save ecig file and ecigtheme files to your computer for future needs.....

• Like 1

23 hours ago, ChunkyButt200 said:

if you have EScribe, i would definitely use the atomizer analyzer tool to compare known cold atty resistances between devices. if the paranormal is reading abnormally high, consistently, then i would contact the vendor about a replacement. Do you own a mod resistance calibration plug?

I haven't yet tested out all my atomizers across all of my mods or used the atomizer analyzer yet. I'll check through all of that first chance I get. I'm starting to get the feeling that either the paranormal has an issue or perhaps the lightning vapes 316l wire is making things get wonky. I did testing on most of my rta's although using the same wire from the same spools fused 28ga wrapped with 36ga wire. The dual coils seem about right at .21 ohms 2.5 mm 6.5 wrap. Tried the replay on the themis, kylin, blitzen, pharaoh mini, pyro, govad, ammit, troll, sapor, aromamizer supreme, billow v3. Haven't tried any of my rda's yet as I'm not planning on dripping. Some of them allows me to save the replay, but its erratic. Sometimes it lets me save, sometimes it won't. When it does, its far from doing what it suppose to. While saved in replay mode, it vapes cold, then all of a sudden I'll get severe burnt hits. The only one tank I get consistent vaping on in replay is the crown III. Somethings up as all the builds seem to work fine when I set up everything in normal temp control mode. Not sure what is going on.

The 75C reads ohms in a considerably different way than the 75 did.  If Lost Vapes used a default value instead of actually calibrating that would explain part of the difference.  Not 100% sure yet on the 250C, but on the 75C a shorting pin is useless.  The resistance readings the chip gets are progressively far from correct as it approaches 0 ohms - so an almost dead short (i.e. a shorting pin) will not tell you even close to how far off you actually are up over 0.1 ohms.  I "knew a guy" who was able to correctly calibrate my Lost Vapes Therion 75c to actual correct numbers and it needs a resistance offset somewhat over 0.014 versus most of my 75's needing an offset closer to 0.008.

That said, if you are getting a dead cold reading of 0.37 when you are supposed to be getting a reading of 0.25 then there is a problem with the unit.  Most often it's a faulty 510 connection.  That frequently leads to resistances jumping all over the place which is totally unacceptable for temp control - which is (at least a major part of) what Replay is doing even if Evolv doesn't want to directly say so.

Edited by LeeWB3
Claification

On 4/1/2018 at 2:27 AM, ChunkyButt200 said:

if you have EScribe, i would definitely use the atomizer analyzer tool to compare known cold atty resistances between devices. if the paranormal is reading abnormally high, consistently, then i would contact the vendor about a replacement. Do you own a mod resistance calibration plug?

Does the resistance calibration plug now work on the 250(C)?

If so, I'll have to dig mine out of wherever I put it.

As an aside, I have read other folks with Paranormal 250C that say the 510 connector is a bit short, their tanks will not screw in completely without causing problems even reading short.

Slowly tightening it while watching the Atomizer Analyzer would tell if that is the case.

• Like 1

Just got a Boxer 250C.  It calibrated very close to the numbers I'm seeing on a DNA75C, i.e. Kanthal builds at around 0.2, 0.4 and 0.5 ohms all needed right around 0.010 to come into calibration with a unit I believe to be very well calibrated using a much different methodology (Boxer came default at 0.004).  Using a shorting pin it initially stabilized at about 0.014, but when I unscrewed it and screwed it back in atomizer analyzer reported it as -0.002.  Yes, that's negative.  The 75C with current firmware reads "?" on my VapeDroid X1C2, so it obviously is working or reporting different to the 75C.  Personally I wouldn't trust shorting pin results on any of the "C" chips.

• 2 months later...

Will using spaced coils prevent replay from working properly? Reason I'm asking, is because I'm having issues with replay with spaced SS316l coils. Basically, on the first puff it will give me the save puff option, but if I don't save it the option will not re-appear on any subsequent puffs. My device is a Paranormal 250c.

Edit: I changed the setting from allow viable coils to allow dubious coils and it appears to be working properly. It is now giving me the the save puff option after every puff like it's supposed to.

Edited by Drty_Windshield
additional info

I have been having trouble with replay giving me the save puff option for a while now. I just did a soft reboot followed by a hard reboot and now I’m getting the save puff option every time now.  Don’t know if it will work for everyone but it worked for me. Worth a try tho...

5 hours ago, Chrisvail42 said:

I have been having trouble with replay giving me the save puff option for a while now. I just did a soft reboot followed by a hard reboot and now I’m getting the save puff option every time now.  Don’t know if it will work for everyone but it worked for me. Worth a try tho...

Scratch that... fixed it for a bit but back to not working again. I use SS316 also. This is very frustrating.....

Guys i have a little issue with replay in my 250c Paranormal. If i build dual coil on ss316l wire in my drippers( Dead Rabbit, Loop by GeakVape) paranormal wont work in replay, but if i build single coil everything works fine. Dont know what to do with this problem. Can you help me solve it? 

• 2 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Question still remains... WHY ?

I have the same problem with a Vandy Vape SS316L Fused Clapton wire (24ga*2+32ga)

It's a pure SS316L wire and not too fancy I guess, but replay doesn't work.

The coil is fine, its mounted in a Taifun GT IV as a single coil, and the ohms are stable at .33 ohms @ 40 watts.

The mod is a Triade DNA250C. Should work, doesn't it ?

I also contacted Vandy Vape as it is the only wire where I have this problem. Other (round) wires work fine.

So, is it the wire or the mod ?

I changed the "security" setting but no change. In the REPLAY section of the mod menu it says AVAILABLE, but not READY or ACTIVE.

In the COIL INFO the TEMP CONTROL is also active.

Don't know what to do next... still waiting for Vandy Vape customer service to get things sorted out.

16 hours ago, retird said:

So the coil works in Power Mode? So the coil works in TC Mode?  But not in Replay?    What are the settings of the Profile you are using? 

Its a 0,33 Ohm single coil (stable measurement), I run it on 40 Watts, with SS316L as wire configuration.

REPLAY says Available, but Ready and Active are disabled,

PREHEAT says Enabled, 60W and Temp. 179°C.

Punch is about half of the indicator.

Vape is nice, not hot, only thing missing is the REPLAY. It says NO REPLAY.

I also tried SS304 and SS316, no change.

Other simple round coils work fine on the Triade DNA250C, only this specific wire does not.

I also changed the security setting about accepting other coils, but no change.

No idea what is wrong, my bet is on the wire, but its a pure SS316L, so I really do not understand what the problem is.

Should work... or has REPLAY problems with thicker wires ? Because its the only "fancy" coil I use in the moment.

I am also in contact with Vandy Vape support and we are working on it. But their staff is a little bit difficult because their english is quite crappy 😉

Edited by Lanzarotechris
add info