DNA250C using NiFe problems

AMDtrucking

40 minutes ago, AMDtrucking said:

I myself, prefer 510 refill bottles and use them for a long time. But, as an alternative, you might want to look into purchasing  Arctic Dolphin Bottles instead. It fits perfectly, in this mod and has the same capacity.  It works this way: You turn the leaver, on the bottle, which opens up two holes. One larger and one smaller. You insert your thin nose juice bottle into the larger hole and the air escapes, from the smaller hole. Don't forget to close the refill valve, after done. Some people love them, some hate them.

Arctic Dolphin.png

I ordered some 510 refill bottles but it’s always good to have options. Thanks!

Has anyone experienced what I'm experiencing lately? When my Boxer is asleep and I pick it up, press the fire button and the screen doesn't even light up. I keep pressing the buttons and, after about 10 - 15 seconds, the board wakes up. It started happening recently and more often every time. It feels like DNA250C takes its time to boot up, without any BIOS messages on the screen. I know, it is not the micro-switch problem  (under the Fire button) because, after it comes on, it never misfires, always react on the button press. The time, between the button press and display light up, keeps increasing. It use to be 2 - 3 seconds, now it could wait up to 30 seconds or more. Evolv, is it a board problem?

7 hours ago, ChunkyButt200 said:

AMDtrucking what happens  when a USB cable is inserted for EScribe; does the PC instantly recognize it? Are you familiar on how to open the debug section of Device Monitor?

You know, how they say: "A good problem will eventually show itself".  Well it did.  It started by not firing. The fire button acted as the select button. Then I noticed that every button acts as the select button. Any button I press, I could only select/deselect  and nothing else. When I pulled and reinstalled batteries, I couldn't get pass first screen. Then I removed the betters, plugged in USB cord, my PC recognized the board, and I tried to load the trusty old Evolv Theme, but it failed to load, it timed out. Now I only have "Clock Error" on the screen, twice. I definitely need an RMA from Evolv. And NO I never used debug section before, only have heard bout it. Something abut clicking on Evolv logo 10 times... But I don't think I could do that, because my Escribe fails to read from EEPROM and doesn't load.

On Battery power.png

On USB power.png

Error.PNG

Escribe load.PNG

Update: I'm in debug mode, I selected button and see, that when I press Fire button - number 9 is displayed, Down button - number 10, Up button - number 12 and Select button doesn't change any thing because (I assume) it suppose to show number 8, but it is already on number 8. OK my buttons work. What next? Even though, Escribe fails to load fully, it doesn't stop me from entering the screen. And when I try to Upload Settings to Device, I get EEPROM error again.

EEPROM error.PNG

Edited by AMDtrucking

14 minutes ago, NMEones said:

These posts make me so nervous... I been waiting 3 weeks for mine to get here and it’ll finally be here Tom.. I’m just praying everything works out

What are you saying? Shouldn't I have posted about my problem publicly and instead, sent it to Evolv for repair quietly? I don't understand your point.

42 minutes ago, AMDtrucking said:

What are you saying? Shouldn't I have posted about my problem publicly and instead, sent it to Evolv for repair quietly? I don't understand your point.

No dude, I’ve been following this thread since it started and saw a few problems arise.  All I was saying was it was making me nervous and I hope there isolated incidents.  I’m not tech savvy the way some of you guys are, if I run into any issues I wouldn’t even know where to start and would have to send to evolve.

of course you should post your issues here... if someone could help ya there’s no reason they shouldn’t!

@AMDtrucking Your issue is, possibly from taking the mod apart multiple times or even caked up juice from using a different bottle that you are filling inside the mod, you have stuck the center select button.   This will cause the EEPROM error as you have a button pressed while connecting to escribe.  The double clock error is also normal as you do not have a battery connected.

13 hours ago, NMEones said:

These posts make me so nervous... I been waiting 3 weeks for mine to get here and it’ll finally be here Tom.. I’m just praying everything works out

I wouldn't be nervous.  Mine has been flawless since the day I received it.  Doesn't sound as if it's any error except user error.

12 hours ago, AMDtrucking said:

You should probably start a new thread for help about the issue you caused rather than in a thread that has nothing to do with the topic?  Maybe even email the manufacturer or Evolv prior instead of causing mass hysteria?

5 hours ago, SirVapsAlot said:

@AMDtrucking Your issue is, possibly from taking the mod apart multiple times or even caked up juice from using a different bottle that you are filling inside the mod, you have stuck the center select button.   This will cause the EEPROM error as you have a button pressed while connecting to escribe.  The double clock error is also normal as you do not have a battery connected.

Your assumption is wrong. You don't know me and those that do, know that I know what I'm doing. That's all I have to say about this without calling names. And if you would pay a little attention, you would notice, that the board is outside of the mod and nothing is preventing those buttons from releasing themselves, assuming that I did spill some liquid inside (using factory unauthorized bottle), which I didn't.

Edited by AMDtrucking

5 hours ago, SirVapsAlot said:

You should probably start a new thread for help about the issue you caused rather than in a thread that has nothing to do with the topic?  Maybe even email the manufacturer or Evolv prior instead of causing mass hysteria?

"help about the issue you caused" - I resent that. I'm accustomed  to fixing things by trade, instead of braking them. If your passed experience was different then mine, don't judge others based on you own experience.

Again, if you would pay a little attention, you would notice that I am the one who started this thread. I named it, by the way I felt fit at the time, based on the problem I've  encountered at the time. I'm sure you can predict what will happen in the future, but I can't. My mod developed and additional problem and instead of creating an additional thread, I just continued my firs one. 

Edited by AMDtrucking

@AMDtrucking This thread was very helpful to me as you know. I actually have kept notifications on to see what else you posted here. I also had the clock error issue before I sent mine back to Boxer. I haven’t notice the issue again but I can’t remember if I’ve connected without batteries since then. When I get home from work I will check and post. I for one thank you for posting.  Formerly jdiaz923

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, SIRV8PESALOT said:

@AMDtrucking  Here it is!9FF6535D-0C84-4124-8628-0100AC25CCDC.thumb.jpeg.b47f07c3a1542285afb2affb6056f2dc.jpeg

Therefore that's normal behavior, when batteries are not installed. I's good to know. Thanks.  Do you think, you could upload of download settings without batteries? I can't. Heck, I cannot upload or download anything with batteries either. It's on it's way to Hudson Ohio.

Edited by AMDtrucking

21 minutes ago, AMDtrucking said:

Therefore that's normal behavior, when batteries are not installed. I's good to know. Thanks.  Do you think, you could upload of download settings without batteries? I can't. Heck, I cannot upload or download anything with batteries either. It's on it's way to Hudson Ohio.

@AMDtrucking Oh ok! Yes I can upload and download fine. I had an issue in the beginning but i deleted Escribe completely from my Mac. I redownloaded international version and so far so good. 

On 4/7/2018 at 7:31 PM, AMDtrucking said:

Has anyone experienced what I'm experiencing lately? When my Boxer is asleep and I pick it up, press the fire button and the screen doesn't even light up. I keep pressing the buttons and, after about 10 - 15 seconds, the board wakes up. It started happening recently and more often every time. It feels like DNA250C takes its time to boot up, without any BIOS messages on the screen. I know, it is not the micro-switch problem  (under the Fire button) because, after it comes on, it never misfires, always react on the button press. The time, between the button press and display light up, keeps increasing. It use to be 2 - 3 seconds, now it could wait up to 30 seconds or more. Evolv, is it a board problem?

Sometimes my first one is a bit sluggish I bought a second one expecting QC to have happened.  I just got a 2nd one but in gloss. It hasn't been sluggish so far but it's been in my hands less than 2 days. I'm about to post about it. It's about time to change the name of this thred to general boxer dna 250c squonk mod problems.

Edited by bladedoza

Ok so I bought a 2nd black but in gloss this time. As stated before even after all the trying to fix i did and minus AMDtucking's thread starter tool I did all the same things and i also replaced my set screw in the 510 copper adapter a 2nd time on the new one with a SS 3m bolt with a .50 pitch and a Allen head so I can actually tighten it. Mind you even with a much improved set screw in stalled the 510 adapter its housed in is finicky. 

On to the rest of the storie. To start i took all readings off the same atomizer a dead rabbit. I received the newer mod with even more resistance discrepencys than the first.  I got a .159 out of the box on my .12 coils. Replaced that set screw on the second one and after fiddling with it a bunch I got it to a .14. The picture with both mods show .1 difference after all the fiddling too.  Now I  have one mod with .01 and a second mod with .02 to much resistance. As a bonus the 510's on both seap juice. My gloss's finish is inconsistent. And I didnt get a return email from my 3 emails  i sent them between Thursday and Friday after receiving it Thursday at about 10 am.

20180412_110444.jpg

20180413_120854.jpg

20180414_063329.jpg

20180412_110542.jpg

Edited by bladedoza
  • Like 1

• Nick locked this topic