DNA250C using NiFe problems

AMDtrucking

On 3/29/2018 at 12:55 PM, Ginger said:

That is correct.   It is a Black Nickel plating.   We also do not use glue.   The sealant is from the locknut down and not interfering with the ground beneath.  If it was super glue as I believe someone may have mentioned, you would not have been able to unthread it without heating it up. Still not even necessary on this model.   Not sure what you are referring to a plastic or a socket, but our 510 has a peek insulated bushing and cap which screws directly into the 510 collar.  Its diameter is smaller than the opening of the locknut.  From your pictures it is fully intact and not damaged in any way.  During assembly, the locknut in placed in its channel, the 510 collar with pin assembly dropped in from the top and tightened.  No force of movement of the locknut.
Again, rush or not, this is a mistake made which is simple and no excuse for.  Especially when designing a tool costing over $1000 to insure a proper and tight connection.  We apologize to the very few effected as we always strive for 100% customer satisfaction and perfection.
We've walked through a couple of users in the last 24 hours who's unit's are now working perfectly from the above suggestion as well as duplicated and corrected the issue in our facility.... insuring the issues does not ever arise again.

20180329_154511.jpg

I had a little free time today and made my own connector fitting tool of solid 304 stainless steel. The 5mm deep hole in the middle of the threaded rod, serves a purpose, the threaded rod screws all the way in, but it doesn't push spring loaded positive pin, the pin fits inside the hole. The problem is, that this tool is not universal, it is only good for this Boxer connector, but it works very well on it.

Connector Tool.png

Edited by AMDtrucking
  • Like 2

42 minutes ago, VapingBad said:

I just use the back of a Frosts Mora knife for slotted 510s, worked perfectly on Varitube, FlabbyDaddy and Boxer, obviously be careful the other side can also hold a decent edge.

What is with Fat Daddy, is he even around? Every single BF V-5 connector I have, leaks like sieve.

FDV5.png

On 3/29/2018 at 2:11 PM, Ginger said:

It is not the black 510 as the Black is Nickel.  Also not the sealant.  Simply, and embarrassing, that the 510 was just not fully tightened.
AMD, thank you for bringing this to our attention.  Glad you are experienced and no, you did not void your warranty.... we stand behind all we sell.  Wasn't necessary to go through all the steps you did, but when you did tighten it back together it did correct the issue.

If anyone else is experiencing an issue, you can simply from the top of the device (no need to go to the insides as the 510 pin is floating and the locknut secured by the enclosure itself) use either a wide flat screwdriver or a dime in a pair of grips and first loosen the threading a tiny bit and then tighten as much as you can.   If you do not have the tools to do so, please contact us at info@gingervaper.com and we will issue a RMA to do so and fully test afterwards.   We do have a custom 510 tool that will tighten this connection and again, while only a small handful of the few hundred already shipped, no reason or excuse for even one to have shipped this way.

Very sorry for the inconvenience this has caused the few effected.

My tracking shows mine is showing up tomorrow.  Am I likely to have this problem?  Guess it'll be the first thing I check....

1 minute ago, jdiaz923 said:

You are going to love it. I purchased mine @ NVE in Foxwoods. Unfortunately I had to send it back for repair. It was the longest week ever waiting for it. 

I hope so, it’s my first dna device as well... I’ll be waiting going on about 3 weeks since I ordered it so it better live up to the hype lol

Mine arrived yesterday with no issues.  Tried to tighten the 510 but it wouldn't tighten or loosen  - must be on there good.

I did change the default 0.004 to 0.010 for mod resistance to match my well calibrated DNA75Cs, but I've only used the Replay feature with SS coils so far and from what I can tell of the technology the cold resistance being off a bit shouldn't matter much (it will matter if/when I want to use it in normal TC mode).

2 minutes ago, LeeWB3 said:

Mine arrived yesterday with no issues.  Tried to tighten the 510 but it wouldn't tighten or loosen  - must be on there good.

I did change the default 0.004 to 0.010 for mod resistance to match my well calibrated DNA75Cs, but I've only used the Replay feature with SS coils so far and from what I can tell of the technology the cold resistance being off a bit shouldn't matter much (it will matter if/when I want to use it in normal TC mode).

It was only a few of the first ones they made. The ones shipping now shouldn't have an issue.

7 minutes ago, jdiaz923 said:

It was only a few of the first ones they made. The ones shipping now shouldn't have an issue.

Mine was shipped well before the problem was brought to their attention.  Must have been intermittent on the line.

25 minutes ago, NMEones said:

I hope so, it’s my first dna device as well... I’ll be waiting going on about 3 weeks since I ordered it so it better live up to the hype lol

The only issue with it is filling the bottle. I would buy a 510 Sqounk refill bottle if you don't carry a backpack or vape bag. You need small pliers or tweezers with a good grip to insert the bottle. It can get messy if you're not careful. Other than that I don't have much to complain about. 

13 minutes ago, jdiaz923 said:

The only issue with it is filling the bottle. I would buy a 510 Sqounk refill bottle if you don't carry a backpack or vape bag. You need small pliers or tweezers with a good grip to insert the bottle. It can get messy if you're not careful. Other than that I don't have much to complain about. 

I got some refill bottles already.  Right now I’m using a GBox that I removed the metal squonk rod that comes installed and I put a silicone bottle in place.  The only thing with doing this is that if you want to fill the bottle you have to remove the entire back panel to get to it.... which just isn’t practical.  I ended up buying a few refill tips that fit on the normal size (non chubby Gorilla) bottles so that I don’t have to keep removing the back panel.

2 minutes ago, NMEones said:

I got some refill bottles already.  Right now I’m using a GBox that I removed the metal squonk rod that comes installed and I put a silicone bottle in place.  The only thing with doing this is that if you want to fill the bottle you have to remove the entire back panel to get to it.... which just isn’t practical.  I ended up buying a few refill tips that fit on the normal size (non chubby Gorilla) bottles so that I don’t have to keep removing the back panel.

Wait till you get that replay feature oh man. It's crazy how good it us. No more dry hits. I hate TC it drove me crazy fine tuning it. I will never use TC again. This is on another level. Have fun!!! 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, SIRV8PESALOT said:

I myself, prefer 510 refill bottles and use them for a long time. But, as an alternative, you might want to look into purchasing  Arctic Dolphin Bottles instead. It fits perfectly, in this mod and has the same capacity.  It works this way: You turn the leaver, on the bottle, which opens up two holes. One larger and one smaller. You insert your thin nose juice bottle into the larger hole and the air escapes, from the smaller hole. Don't forget to close the refill valve, after done. Some people love them, some hate them.

Arctic Dolphin.png

Edited by AMDtrucking

30 minutes ago, AMDtrucking said:

I myself, prefer 510 refill bottles and use them for a long time. But, as an alternative, you might want to look into purchasing  Arctic Dolphin Bottles instead. It fits perfectly, in this mod and has the same capacity.  It works this way: You turn the leaver, on the bottle, which opens up two holes. One larger and one smaller. You insert your thin nose juice bottle into the larger hole and the air escapes, from the smaller hole. Don't forget to close the refill valve, after done. Some people love them, some hate them.

Arctic Dolphin.png

I was actually looking at those bottles the other day but I didn’t know if they were just a gimmick ... glad to know they aren’t 

• Nick locked this topic