Dna 250c

Zaptear

1 hour ago, scottua said:

Could someone point me to the 250c board models? I see all these cases and other manufacturers showing off new models using the 250c, the models have to be available somewhere but I haven't been able to find them. Thanks. 

http://www.mamumods.com/dna250c/DNA250C.zip

http://www.mamumods.com/dna250c/250CReferenceCase.zip

Wow, I know manufacturers, will more than likely get first “dibs” on all info around these new boards, which is fair play, since Joe Public won’t be buying them by the crate. Hence the teasers from Thinkvape. 

However if this much info is already circulating in the wild, it makes no sense to me that we don’t have at least a data sheet on the Evolv site. At this point we “know” it’s the same electronic functions of the current 250 just with the new screen and UI, also the physical dimensions.

So is the reason we, as Joe Public can’t have data sheets and at least an official information release, because something has gone wrong, or changed? Have Evolv possibly delayed public release due to something we don’t already “know” about the board? Am I just living under a rock and missed the release somewhere?

Edited by Si98justme

6 minutes ago, strikeiii said:

Thanks for the reply. I really hope they've changed that like they did with the 75C.

It is a step down converter so not by much because it is limited to the lowest V level from 2 cell less the power to run the board and efficiency losses (board getting hot), you will have the 75C for that and the 250C for mega efficiency and range.

Turnigy Bolt 1000 mAh, 4S, 15.2 V.  Good battery life, where on an evening out in town my 250/200 Evolv mods would run flat during the train ride home past mid night these still have plenty.  Not got a figure, but would be happy to go out without a power bank or spare mod, where as with the others I would have one in my bag on Friday.

31 minutes ago, VapingBad said:

Turnigy Bolt 1000 mAh, 4S, 15.2 V.  Good battery life, where on an evening out in town my 250/200 Evolv mods would run flat during the train ride home past mid night these still have plenty.  Not got a figure, but would be happy to go out without a power bank or spare mod, where as with the others I would have one in my bag on Friday.

I ordered a few 4s balancing boards to piggyback onto the 250c. I did this to my 200/250 mods, charging at 5c is nice, 20min charge time on my 12hr mod (1300 lipo)

25 minutes ago, Frogmod said:

I ordered a few 4s balancing boards to piggyback onto the 250c. I did this to my 200/250 mods, charging at 5c is nice, 20min charge time on my 12hr mod (1300 lipo)

They have 4S balance charger, a little under 2 A on USB, it sounds like you are using a far higher rate solution which of course is a reasonable opinion with these multi cell configs if you have a USB supply with the guts to power it, hats off to you and I would like that myself, but the 2 A isn't too sluggish with this size cell. 

ETA you may well need to think about cooling though, not that it would get dangerous as much as could cause ageing of your batteries by regularly getting them hot, they get warm at 2 A.

ETA 2 for me working at a desk with a 2 A USB supply the stock charging is fantastic, no issue with one or two top up charges during the day and I golden.

Some folks have criticised the lack of USB C connector, personally I manage to not break sockets and don't care about the plug owing a lot of good USB micro cables.  But the USB 3 power spec could provide a lot of power and I would have liked to see that, but it is far from universal ATM.

4 hours ago, VapingBad said:

They have 4S balance charger, a little under 2 A on USB, it sounds like you are using a far higher rate solution which of course is a reasonable opinion with these multi cell configs if you have a USB supply with the guts to power it, hats off to you and I would like that myself, but the 2 A isn't too sluggish with this size cell. 

ETA you may well need to think about cooling though, not that it would get dangerous as much as could cause ageing of your batteries by regularly getting them hot, they get warm at 2 A.

ETA 2 for me working at a desk with a 2 A USB supply the stock charging is fantastic, no issue with one or two top up charges during the day and I golden.

Some folks have criticised the lack of USB C connector, personally I manage to not break sockets and don't care about the plug owing a lot of good USB micro cables.  But the USB 3 power spec could provide a lot of power and I would have liked to see that, but it is far from universal ATM.

I have a custom 12v 5amp charger system so the batteries don’t get hot. The battery I’m using is about 2yrs old. I understand the amperage being limited in the boards cuz you can’t really run 5c through cylinder batteries. And if evolv up the amperage they would be in the news for all the wrong reasons.