Paranormal 75C resistance too high FIX

ThatGuySwain

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I signed up tonight just so I could give a big shout out to TheSwain. You sir, are a gentleman and a scholar. I received my brand new Paranormal today and was about to rip my hair out with the TC/high resistance issue. I followed TheSwain's instructions and it's all good now. 

One thing I'd like to add. When you get the 510 apart use something sharp to clean out the threads even if it appears to be clean. Mine didn't look gummed up but when I started going over the threads there was quite a bit in there. Swab with alcohol for good measure and reassemble.

Time spent = 20 minutes

Edited by MAGAman
  • Like 3

11 hours ago, MAGAman said:

I signed up tonight just so I could give a big shout out to TheSwain. You sir, are a gentleman and a scholar. I received my brand new Paranormal today and was about to rip my hair out with the TC/high resistance issue. I followed TheSwain's instructions and it's all good now. 

One thing I'd like to add. When you get the 510 apart use something sharp to clean out the threads even if it appears to be clean. Mine didn't look gummed up but when I started going over the threads there was quite a bit in there. Swab with alcohol for good measure and reassemble.

Time spent = 20 minutes

Glad I can help. That is the reason I made this post to begin with; to help everyone with this problem, without you having to send it in. 

@TheSwainI did it on my Paranormal DNA 166 and it works. I solved my problem with fluctuating ohms and improved ohms reading, but there's still a difference compared to my other mods. I cleaned the 510 with hot water...could it be the problem? Should I use alcohol or acetone? Thanks in advance. :)

Edited by AntoVape

8 hours ago, AntoVape said:

@TheSwainI did it on my Paranormal DNA 166 and it works. I solved my problem with fluctuating ohms and improved ohms reading, but there's still a difference compared to my other mods. I cleaned the 510 with hot water...could it be the problem? Should I use alcohol or acetone? Thanks in advance. :)

How much difference is there? if you cleaned the thread lock, and its still not reading true, did you check the center pin solder connection? (see last two pictures in guide) if that connection isnt solid, it can still read high ohms. 

I do all my cleaning here with Alcohol. 

17 minutes ago, AntoVape said:

@TheSwainIt depends. I use Kanthal A1, the smallest difference is about 0,005 and the biggest about 0,1. I tried with 5 different atomizers. Should I check the soldering? How could I remove the black isolator disc?

I would check it, just to make sure, and the black isolator is just stuck on with 3M adhesive. i use a razor blade, or my thumb nail to peel it off. then its usually still sticky enough to just stick back on when you're done.

Hey, I've got the same problem. Ohm jumped up to 4 ohm from 0.2. so my offline shop send it back, and after 3 weeks i got a new one. I have the new one since 2-3 weeks, and i think the issue comes back on my new device. This time the ohm jumps when i click the fire button short, example from 0.24 to 0.25 than to 0.26 and so on. When im firering the ohm jumps back to normal values. But the main problem is that i need to press 5 times to lock the device, and then lock the ohm, but after ive pressed the firebutton so often, the ohm is by 0.3-0.4 ohm. So i cant lock such high ohms for tc mode. I know i can lock it trough escribe also. But this is shit. When im not at home, or such another reason why i haven't access to a computer is ah problem to lock the ohms. So what should i do now? Should i try to fix it by myself? And how affect this the warranty? Because its a new device. 2 months old, and i dont want to loose the warranty. When i go back to my offlin shop, then i need to wait again such a long time just to give me than a new device with naybe the same issue. 

Im from Austria, and dont now exactly what to do next. Please help me, couse i love this box

Sorry my English is not perfect :) 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Huge thanks for this guide!!!

I had the same problem. In my case, 510 was loose, just needed to clean it and screw it tight. Atty's resistance dropped by 0.05. Mod res. after procedure - 0.005 (measured with a cooper screw).

Edited by andrewmic

• 2 months later...

Thanks for the instructions! I too signed up too so i could thank you, mr. Swain, for your time and the care you took to explain. I NEVER would have thought about removing  the locktite from the threads! Worked A1 for me!

Cordially

Styx

Edited by STYX

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks so much for posting information about this issue!!!!   I did suspect an issue with the 510 and did remove it but nothing stood out so I began to suspect a connection issue to the board.    Taking the Paranormal apart is no joy and there are hidden screws under the tape which covers the magnets but I was unable to get the unit apart to gain access to the board.  For this reason I avoided buying the Paranormal 250C and have decided to just build my own DNA250C Mod.  I am just happy to have my Paranormal 75C working properly.

Wanted to pop in and just say than k you for this information! This was the problem with my first gen Paranormal and I finally got it fixed.

NOTE FOR THOSE WEARY TO DO THIS: Evolv WILL send you a replacement 510 connector if you ask them via a support ticket. I had to do this as I mangled my old connector during this process. The new connector works flawlessly and seems to have solved the issue all together.

• 3 months later...