Lost Vape Paranormal wrong resistance

Nobbi

Hello everybody,

I have a problem with my Lost Vape Paranormal box mod. The box mod shows wrong resistance values. The resistance values are displayed up to 0.2 Ohm higher than with all my other DNA Box Mods. I also tried to calibrate the box mod. I have passed the case analysis. A calibration tool for the 510er I have unfortunately not. The internal resistance is indicated to me with 0.008 Ohm. What can I do?

Sorry for my bad English.

Edited by Nobbi

The 510 connector on the Paranormal has what i believe is thread lock between the ring where the ground wire is soldered to, and the main body of the connector. thread lock is a non-conductive substance which causes the Ohm readings to be off, However, it is an easy fix.

Step1: remove the 3 T5 torx screws that hold the 510 to the body.

Step 2: carefully unsolder the ground (black) wire form the outer ring. (take care not to over heat and melt inner insulator ring.)

Step 3: using two pair of adjustable jaw pliers, grab the edge of the 510 with one pliers, and the ring that the ground wire was connected to with the other, and unscrew the ring from the 510. (take care to not how the insulator ring goes in.)

Step 4: clean out the threads inside the ring and off the threads of the main 510 body. Using a pair of tweezers or small flathead screw driver is a good idea.

Step 5: wipe ofF threads with rubbing alcohol or acetone. 

Step 6: reassemble and tighten down ground ring to main body of 510. 

Step 7: re-solder the ground wire back to the ring, (don't hold heat on too long or you risk melting insulator ring.)

Step 8: line up the 510 and reattach to body with 3 T5 screws. 

that will bring the ohm reading back to correct readings.  

• Like 3

yes im having the same problem. my paranormal does read my resistance right. does it have to do with the mods internal resistance or i really have to take the 510 apart? DJLsb said in his video to set the mod resistance to 0.014 and then i read other places to set it at 0.0014...im not sure what to do but the ohm reading is off by 0.2 and it keeps going right to temp protect warning no matter what wattage or temp i set it to. i vape only ss316l

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TheSwain said:

Every Paranormal I have looked at with reading wrong resistance has been due to the 510 threads not making a solid connection because of the use of thread lock. 

It is possible that there other issues that cause it. But I have not seen one yet. 

ill give your advice a try TheSwain...i mean not too much to lose...virtually un-usable in this condition anyway lol....have you actually done this yet to fix the problem?

4 hours ago, TheSwain said:

Every Paranormal I have looked at with reading wrong resistance has been due to the 510 threads not making a solid connection because of the use of thread lock. 

It is possible that there other issues that cause it. But I have not seen one yet. 

did you use a heat gun to desolder the joint?

Thanks a lot for all the answers. The contacts and threads I had already cleaned before my post, they are all clean.

@TheSwain, thanks for your detailed description. But I dare not.
Because.
1. I have the paranormal only 6 days and so would lose the warranty.
2. I can not solder.

I think it will be best to complain the paranormal. Unfortunately ordered at Fasttech and I live in Germany ... Maybe directly to Evolv?

1 minute ago, Nobbi said:

Thanks a lot for all the answers. The contacts and threads I had already cleaned before my post, they are all clean.

@TheSwain, thanks for your detailed description. But I dare not.
Because.
1. I have the paranormal only 6 days and so would lose the warranty.
2. I can not solder.

I think it will be best to complain the paranormal. Unfortunately ordered at Fasttech and I live in Germany ... Maybe directly to Evolv?

You're very welcome for the answers. and if you are not comfortable taking it apart, then I agree, its best to have it sent in. Evolv would take care of your issues for sure. Just open a ticket through help desk. 

https://helpdesk.evolvapor.com

Ps. next one of these I get in, I will take pictures to show the issue and how to fix it for anyone who is interested. 

-Paul 

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, Nobbi said:

Hi Paul, Thanks a lot. I am very interested in pictures. That helps not only me, but also others.

Top Support :thumb:

No problem at all. I repair devices all day long. Just trying to pass on the knowledge. I know people don't like going without their devices, so if there is an easy fix, that I can share, I will.

Havent seen a Paranormal in a few days, so next one I'll be sure to get pictures.

-Paul 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Nobbi said:

That was a general question. Because I also want to calibrate my other boxes. The Paranormal shows an internal resistance of 0.008 Ohm.

Run CaseAnalyzer when the battery level is at 1/2 or below and device at room temperature to start...Case Analyzer sets the Thermal settings.... Setting the internal resistance is a separate operation and need not be changed in order to run Case Analyzer....

On 04/10/2017 at 8:58 PM, TheSwain said:

Step 3: using two pair of adjustable jaw pliers, grab the edge of the 510 with one pliers, and the ring that the ground wire was connected to with the other, and unscrew the ring from the 510. (take care to not how the insulator ring goes in.)

Trying to fix my Paranormal using your instructions but I can not get the 510 to unscrew, it locked solid. I do not want to force it too much as it's starting to damage the outer ring. What direction should I be turning the 510 to unscrew it?

Does the Black wire need to be unsoldered as mine broke off and I just left the solder on the ring to re-attach the black wire when done. Could this be why it will not unscrew?

I have the same problem with the resistance on my P DNA 75c, this is my first DNA device and I didn't expect this from such high end mod, I Just open a ticket and will wait their respond. In meantime my question is; can I adjust  the resistance to match what its  actually read on other devices and Ohm reader then lock it? on  Power mood? would that give me the right voltage for the desire watt? by doing so is it still safe?

Thank you