Escribe not recognizing mods

Jartaine

Using Version 1.2 SP 5.2.  Received a Therion BF from a friend.  Escribe doesn't recognize it nor either of my SDNA75 mods.  I have used Escribe with both of my SDNA75 mods in the past so they are authentic.  My Lavabox, VT133, VT75 Inbox, and my original Therion BF all connect.  All connect to my computer and start to charge the battery.  What's going on?

Could this be a Windows 10 issue?  When you plug the mod in the first time and it says it's "setting up" the attached device.  Is it possible to reset that setting?  I was wary of my friend's Therion BF when it wasn't recognized but I know my SDNA75's were recognized over the last year.

Have you tried restarting your PC and only opening n the EScribe program? be sure to disconnect any usb hubs as well. Try different USB ports as well. When connecting a device for the first time to a PC, it should see the device and say “installing device driver” (or something like that). What happens if you downgrade the version of EScribe to next version down? Tried a few different usb cables?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Jartaine said:

..... where do you find an earlier version of Escribe?

It's right there in the signature line in the post above yours. I'd suggest 1.2 SP3, if you must. If you're gonna do this, beforehand I'd remove all USB drivers, identified as 'Dimension Engineering'

This is getting ridiculous.  Seems that the Service pack keeps updating and won't let me use an old version.  But I can't uninstall Escribe and can't even find the folder since it's under the appdata sub folder.  I'll be majorly pissed if the DNA75C mod isn't recognized when I receive it this week.

error.jpg

That worked using Control Panel to uninstall Escribe.  I didn't realize that Control Panel was still there, I thought the "Windows Settings" function had replaced it.  

Oh yea, click off Automatic updates, doh! 

Still, version 1.2 SP3 doesn't connect with those three mods.  Just so frustrating because I have used Escribe in the past with my SDNA75 mods and it does recognize one Therion BF but not the other.  Same USB port and cable will connect with my other mods and the ones not connecting to Escribe are connecting to Windows 10.

Edited by Jartaine

VT75D came today.  Upgraded to Escribe V2.0 SP5.2.  Yup, you guessed it, same mods connect and same mods don't and now add the brand new DNA75C mod.  Has to be a Windows 10 thing.  Could this be a firewall issue?  Hard to say when the last time I connected my SDNA75 mods to Escribe since they were the only ones completely setup by the manufacturer via DJLsP.

So aggravating.

I had a similar problem with my son's computer when I bought a new USB keyboard for him. His computer would not recognize it but my computer would. After much messing around with it the USB mouse was no longer recognized but another mouse would work. Tried different USB ports, rebooting, ect.

The fix was to go into Device Monitor and uninstall as many USB ports as possible (till you get the one your mouse is on). Try to remember which ones you uninstalled the first time and uninstall the rest when it restarts. Not to worry, Windows will put them all back. Hope this helps, in my case I was ready to replace the motherboard when the above fixed it. 

• Like 1

No and yes. 

No, the mods won't connect if I just click on the Escribe shortcut to open it. 

Yes, if I right click on the shortcut and use "Run as Administrator".  That was something else suggested in the response to my Evolv ticket.

So possibly that could have been the problem all along.  How do I give Escribe permission to make changes without having to remember to right click on the shortcut all the time?

• 9 months later...
  • 1 year later...

I'm necroing this thread, I know its old but I am having issues with my 75C connecting. I've tried everything in this thread. Using the OG escribe software for when the 75C or 250C chip came out all the way to the newest SP. No luck, I am about to make a W7 virtual drive and try it in there if I have to. But I wanted to know if there has been any development that hasn't been posted or discovered that has solved this before I go digging for my Tiny7 install. 

1 hour ago, arby said:

I'm necroing this thread, I know its old but I am having issues with my 75C connecting. I've tried everything in this thread. Using the OG escribe software for when the 75C or 250C chip came out all the way to the newest SP. No luck, I am about to make a W7 virtual drive and try it in there if I have to. But I wanted to know if there has been any development that hasn't been posted or discovered that has solved this before I go digging for my Tiny7 install. 

Its worked now but what i did was buy a USB Hub taking the 3.1 usb back to a 2.0 cheap and easy plugged that in and then plugged the cable to the mod and no issues. Hope that helps. 

1 hour ago, Wayneo said:

@arby What is the SP number you have installed? Also are you plugging in directly to your PC (no hub). Also, have you tried different cables?

I've tried the ones suggested here and several other ones all the way up to the newest version.  No hub and different cables. Like I said I tried everything this thread suggested. My VM is almost done installing Win7, gonna try this next. 

My VM of Win7 didn't work, the mods know they are charging and when a cable has been plugged into them, and I have been able to go into Escribe with them before on W10 so I don't know what is going on. 

Edited by arby