VTC 75C Warning

DNA Papst

I'm really only seeing one issue here - User error. If you tighten the battery cap more than finger tight then you stand a chance of damaging either the Mod or the Cell, either will cause serious damage and may well result in venting. If your cell is too long and the battery cap doesn't sit flush once it's finger tight then DON'T force it any tighter you'll crush the positive contact or the battery cap and risk a short. The modified part is simply an insulator that will spread the load across the whole of the positive terminal cap making it much harder to damage by overtightening. I other word's they've had to "brute proof" the mod to ensure that people cannot use brute force to damage the positive terminal of the mod or cell.

It really is user error - overtightening things usually results in them breaking, why not try it with some of your other favourite products - I bet they'll break too...

• Like 1

I am sure that you missed the point that the battery cup it was not all the way screwed.

So, for what over-tightening are you talking about?

Take a look at the first page photos, especially the one that has a close up to the bottom cup, before your conclusion is that this is a user error... 

Then come again and edit your post... :)

Even IF this is the case, the design and implementation, MUST preventing that "over-tightening" by giving a little more space to the battery compartment. 

• 4 weeks later...
On 04/10/2017 at 4:54 AM, Opanos said:

I am sure that you missed the point that the battery cup it was not all the way screwed.

So, for what over-tightening are you talking about?

Take a look at the first page photos, especially the one that has a close up to the bottom cup, before your conclusion is that this is a user error... 

Then come again and edit your post... :)

Even IF this is the case, the design and implementation, MUST preventing that "over-tightening" by giving a little more space to the battery compartment. 

It's more to do with the fact that there are cells out there that are over the 65mm length - if you design something to take a cell of 65mm length then it takes 65mm length. If a company then markets a cell as 65mm long (ie - a 26650 cell) but it's actual physical dimension is 67.2mm then who is wrong? the company who makes the device or the company who makes a cell that doesnt even conform to the size it's marketed as?

Giving some extra space is fine, and has been accomodated in the design, but if a cell is so far out of spec then you'll get problems - whether it's the cap not sitting flush due to the extra length, or damage caused because someone tried to force the cap to sit flush when using an extra long cell.

• 3 months later...
Il 21/8/2017 in 06:46 , RickyPR ha scritto:

Hello,

I own this mod for around a month. I bought it and also bought two different 26650 batteries, an Ijoy INR26650 4200mah and a Basen 26650 4500mah. I first used it with the Ijoy battery which is shorter and it worked fine. When I inserted the Basen battery, which is a little bit longer, and screwed the battery cap the mod inmediately got extremely hot (shorted) but I was able to unscrew the battery cap before any damage happened. It could have been destroyed the first day I received it. Later that day I understood what happened, when using the Basen 26650, the battery cap can't be screwed completely because it causes the short circuit. I have been using it mostly with the Ijoy battery, but I have used it with the Basen, I just stop screwing the battery cap when it gets tighter and always pay attention to any heat when screwing the cap.

I have been using the mod after that almost every day and it works fine. I still would not recommend anyone to buy it because there is an obvious fire risk.

This is my first and probably my last Hcigar product if they don't fix this problem for us.

I don't understand. Are you speaking about Basen Black 4500mAh? Those are one of the shortest batteries around:
https://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/threads/26650-battery-bench-test-results-and-new-ratings-table.725452/