VTC 75C Warning

DNA Papst

8 minuti fa, Lowbytes ha scritto:

It is nothing more than a workaround .......it would not change the mod into a well designed one - Possibly it will help - and if not? Sorry my2cent - i´ll never use any 26650 in it! Damned sure! 

Sure, you are right. Let's see when the parts arrives and test them. If it's not ok then I will use only 18650's but HCigar will never see again a penny from me and I own already 3 mods from them. I had to fix the cabling of the Nano myself and only the VT Inbox until now doesn't have any problem. For sure HCigar should put more attention in designing and assembling their products or they will not last long on the market.

This is gearbest reply after all the proof 

WWP1706300041170904
Thank you for contacting Gearbest.
We sincerely sorry to hear this about your item. 
We would like to work together to resolve the issue to your satisfaction.
Please review our warranty here:http://www.gearbest.com/about/warranty-and-return.html      

Please kindly tell us following points:
1.We suggest you to change another set of batteries first. It is recommended to use high-rate batteries.
Besides, pls. try to take out the batteries and tighten up the screw
2.Change another charging line to have a try.
After all these steps, if it cannot work, please contact us and we will give you the solution to deal with the problem.
We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience that may have been caused.
Thanks for your understanding in this matter.

And the story goes on..

hello dear ,

the parts already ship , the tracking number: RS795953220CN

you can use the 18650 batteru tube, the patch is affixed to the positive pole, very easy to operate, and we send you a small gift, NI80 wire and some cotton.Hope you will like it

Wow, i am i impressed

Clip(08-18-11-16-06).png

Clip(08-18-11-16-18).png

vor 6 Stunden schrieb Smokin Dave:

Yup.I'm getting the same thing.Ni coils,cotton and this workaround tube.Indeed.Really I'm still using the 26650 batts with no real problem with over heating or anything else that raises my ire except a weak battery message. That is annoying.

Do you have the same with 18650? 

On 8/15/2017 at 7:31 AM, stepp said:

Sure, you are right. Let's see when the parts arrives and test them. If it's not ok then I will use only 18650's but HCigar will never see again a penny from me and I own already 3 mods from them. I had to fix the cabling of the Nano myself and only the VT Inbox until now doesn't have any problem. For sure HCigar should put more attention in designing and assembling their products or they will not last long on the market.

Maybe HCigar tested it with shorter 26650's and so didn't know there were any problems until now. Other than longer time between battery changes, why the need for the 26650's at all? That's a serious question I'd appreciate an answer to, please. I'm not after higher temps don't make my own builds so I'm curious.

On 8/19/2017 at 1:52 AM, Lowbytes said:

Do you have the same with 18650? 

I tried an 18650 a while back but it was sucking the life out of it so fast that it wouldn't have lasted more than a couple or three hours.So I'll see what newer batts I have with the most mah and see if it is worth going with 18650's.

On 8/18/2017 at 3:57 PM, Smokin Dave said:

Yup.I'm getting the same thing.Ni coils,cotton and this workaround tube.Indeed.Really I'm still using the 26650 batts with no real problem with over heating or anything else that raises my ire except a weak battery message. That is annoying.

Can you please tell us the brand you're using and the length or height of battery? After doing some searching there is a lot of size difference not just in the 26650's but the 18650's as well, with vaper's leaving reviews that this or that battery was too short or long for their mods. It seems to me that the mod manufacturers need to specify battery brand and or sizes, mAh, volts, amps to use with their products, because there's too many variables to choose from. Anyway, if you could tell me I'd appreciate it for my research, I've got 2 flat top 26650's I have to send back because they're 65mm plus 1mm for the contact pin, bought 'em before I found this out, better than trial and error at least. Thank you!

In the first place if the HCigar DNA 75 color battery sled is designed the same way as the battery sled is designed on the HCigar DNA 75 then I would expect this. The battery sled contacts are not spring loaded and any jar or drop of the mod will damage the battery also it causes the 510 connection to read irratically the ohms resistance every time you just bump it or set it down it will throw off the resistance. I have an HCigar DNA 75 and I retired it because of this cheap design of the battery sled. I purchased a Therion DNA 75 Color and really like it and have not had any issues with it at all. I do own a HCigar DNA 200 that I like. The only thing I found wrong with it the case anelizer was never ran for it it was never ran for the HCigar DNA 75 color and every other mod HCigar has ever made. Also the 510 ohms resistance was never measeured so the ohms resistance of the coil is never measured acurately. because the 510 resistance is suposed to be subtracted from the measurement. This always causes the coil to read about one ohm off which raises the temperature about 100 degrees off. In my experience I do not recommend HCigar at all Especially the HCigars DNA 75 and DNA 75 Color.because of the poor design of the battery sled.Every battery sled on any mod should be designed well especially since you are using 18650 and 26650 lithium ion batteries. HCigar should recall every one they have sold and make a better designed battery sled.

Edited by akatazmanian
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, timbuc2dan said:

Is anyone using the new batteries with the PCB Protected Board built into the battery?

With the addition of the PCB the battery becomes longer than 65 mm.

Then perhaps the user decides to screw in the battery cap till it's flush......Bingo....the problem arrives.

Example:

• Typical Capacity: 2000mAh
  • Nominal Voltage: 3.6V
  • Discharge Voltage: 2.8V
  • Charging Voltage: 4.20+-0.05V
  • Max Continuous Discharging Current: 30A
  • Dimensions:
    • Length: 66.9mm
    • Diameter: 18.30
    • Weight: 46g

protected 18650.jpg

33 minutes ago, dwcraig1 said:

With the addition of the PCB the battery becomes longer than 65 mm.

Then perhaps the user decides to screw in the battery cap till it's flush......Bingo....the problem arrives.

Example:

• Typical Capacity: 2000mAh
  • Nominal Voltage: 3.6V
  • Discharge Voltage: 2.8V
  • Charging Voltage: 4.20+-0.05V
  • Max Continuous Discharging Current: 30A
  • Dimensions:
    • Length: 66.9mm
    • Diameter: 18.30
    • Weight: 46g

protected 18650.jpg

Ok, thank you, was just wondering. I was using the Vaporesso Target prior to this and it did the same thing with the ohms reading always about 1 off too. So I'll just keep using the 18650's, no problems with heat or anything else, had it about 3 weeks now but I have gotten it to change to 0.9 ohms if in wattage mode if I'm right about that, it's showing the temp and that's with me adjusting it from one of the preset profiles #8 and I'm using the Kanthal ccell coils and tank from the Vaporesso w the HCigar.

On 8/13/2017 at 4:37 PM, Voodoo71 said:

I Second the iJoy 26650 getting warm quite a few times and the one time it got really hot i inspected the baseplate were the heat was originating from, basicaly looking at the bottom of the mod with the two hex screws across the top, the right one has a earth connection soldered to it inside, this solder looked like it was making a contact where it shouldnt be or mentioned before some high resistance issue. I moved it slightly and reassembled and seems ok atm but im not 100% comfortable using this a daily.

Hcigar i hope you read this  "we dont need to give the FDA any more reasons to mess up the scene"

Just for what it's worth, I tracked down the battery that is on the HCigar website from their pic, it's a Movfo 26650 3.7 V 4200 MAH 40A Battery
INR 26650 and on FastTech website it says it's 65mm length. So I'm guessing if any battery is even a little over that, and the ijoy's are 65.74mm, and assuming that the measurements are accurate, the ijoy's I got off of ebay listing, it would be interesting to know if anyone who's still using a 26650 with NO problems could tell us the brand and length of the battery. I agree we shouldn't have to go thru this at all but there are so many size differences in the 26650's and even the 18650's that HCigar should be telling us what those specs are, other than that you all could be right that they should've tested for this, but short of making the space where the battery goes so that it only fits a correct one or they did a lousy job putting it together, we have to be careful. I'm wondering about the ones in my headlamp, not same kind, that rest behind my head lol, people are out there putting these in all sorts of things just to get more power out of their flashlights etc. But for my headlamp I just ordered button top18650's thinking it's just a different type of battery but is standard sized like we all grew up with. I'm just sticking with using the 18650's for my HCigar VT75 Color.

Hello,

I own this mod for around a month. I bought it and also bought two different 26650 batteries, an Ijoy INR26650 4200mah and a Basen 26650 4500mah. I first used it with the Ijoy battery which is shorter and it worked fine. When I inserted the Basen battery, which is a little bit longer, and screwed the battery cap the mod inmediately got extremely hot (shorted) but I was able to unscrew the battery cap before any damage happened. It could have been destroyed the first day I received it. Later that day I understood what happened, when using the Basen 26650, the battery cap can't be screwed completely because it causes the short circuit. I have been using it mostly with the Ijoy battery, but I have used it with the Basen, I just stop screwing the battery cap when it gets tighter and always pay attention to any heat when screwing the cap.

I have been using the mod after that almost every day and it works fine. I still would not recommend anyone to buy it because there is an obvious fire risk.

This is my first and probably my last Hcigar product if they don't fix this problem for us.

Edited by RickyPR

The HCigar response 

First i ask them if i can it with 26650 -rhetorical question as i am never going to use it at all, but for argument sace-

Hello

are you sure that if i install these parts, i can use 26650 battery SAFELY on your device or you turned me to a new beta tester?

Please, tell me the MAX length of the cell that fits on your device.
You know that no one 26650 is exact 65mm, so i expect that you run some tests to figure out the compatibility. Did you? And if the answer is yes, why there is no notice at all in the manual that comes with the vt75c mod?
So i am pretty sure that you don't even thought about the possibility for this situation to occur.
Anyway, for me and others -take a look at evolv forum-  that, saws a poore design and assembling from you.
So, although i am done with your company and so are my recommendations when i am asked about any HCigar product, 
I'd like to inform me about what cells and the the length of them you tried, so i can use the exact same cell and use the device as advertised by you. Otherwise, you understand that this device is not usable even -as you said- we can use it with 18650 cells and i have to returned ASAP as a dangerous one.

Regards,

hello dear

You can use any size 26650 battery, there will be no hidden dangers, we have done a test, and improved.

Best Regards
2017-08-21

Aha, so the improvement is that shitty insulator.

Well done HCigar,

Until now, I can not understand the battery is burning because the positive battery is connected to the upper platform,
 because the case is negative polarity (but it is also made of plastic?) Or because the pin destroys the contact of the battery itself?
 A simple plastic insert can serve as Insulator and reduce the course of the pin itself.Sorry for my bad english
Edited by shinal

• 4 weeks later...

I sent an email to them about this problem and received a 3M insulator that can has to be inserted using the battery adapter. I removed the one I previously made by cutting a business card and inserted theirs. I hope this solves the problem permanently and appreciate that they sent that to me without hesitating.

This is my first Evolv and Hcigar product. I really like the DNA75C and although I was cautious with the Hcigar case, now I feel comfortable using it. I will always be cautious about not tightening the battery too hard.

After owning it for more than two months I still like it and I am very happy that I quit smoking after 25 years of doing it.

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/21/2017 at 6:00 AM, Prince1990 said:

Hi guys, i'm using a 26650 and honestly not known big heat issues! The cap do not close it all the way I leave a slow ride!

IMG_1122.JPG

IMG_1124.JPG

image.jpg

Ok everyone, FWIW I decided to try the  EFEST 26650's to see if it was ok to use them and so far so good, they fit with the battery cap screwed all the way in. When I bought the 1st VTC75 Color mod I got it from Fasttech which normally has about a 30 day haul from China but mine took 3 wks longer they told me, due to HCigar making new ones. Maybe they fixed the problem or it's the li-ion batteries coming in different lengths voltages etc, the EFEST are 65mm+1mm for the crown at top and that was told to me by the seller. The mod has never gotten hot, the bottom of the atomizers/tanks I'm using - Vaporesso - only in 32 wattage mode, only get warm if I'm chain vaping from stress, old cig smoker bad habit. I had two of these mods anyway since nothing sticks around very long in vape world and I'm very happy with mine. It would be nice to know more info about the ones that failed, were they adjusted using the escribe settings, were they using rta's and when were they bought, I got mine in August ordered it July 3rd took 4 wks to ship, got 2nd one from MVS and they as well as any other sites I checked, also didn't have them in blue/available till August, that's why I'm wondering if HCigar fixed them. The only 26650's in that 65mm size were the EFEST'S and the brand of batteries they show on Fasttech site next to the mod in their pic, all others are too long. I also read about other mods having problems with the 26650's and wonder if it's more of a battery issue. They also have these new types now, deep cycle lithium ion phosphate batteries that last much longer and give a constant drain, solar lights are one use for them and one manufacturer used the words non-combustion or explosion which tells me that obviously li-ion batts in general are potentially dangerous items and who makes them matters, meaning it's better to go with name brands than those blue or green no brand ones, and I've read that elsewhere also. So, I'm not saying what you should do, just giving my experience with them is all and it is great being able to go all day into the night with just one 26650. Sometimes it's better to spend a little extra coin. Anyway, that's it I'm keeping mine and using the EFEST 26650's, will post if anything changes. Vaping with Crystal Canyon Vapes My Cafe Blend.