VTC 75C Warning

DNA Papst

we guess that different cell sizes (in length) causes this problem - plus - 26650 using a different plus plate (bigger diameter than 18650 ) maybe the force of the battery cover pushes the plate too hard against the upper isolator of the tube and causes a battery short

but we only guess....... hcigar better have to change the design of their battery tube/Cover - people over here are silly enough to blame evolve for this problems (because they do not understand that the board has nothing to do with this problem)

As far as i know , Cell size can vary from 65 up to 70 mm - users with relabeled Tensai cells (65mm) reporting no problems - efest are slightly longer 67,1mm giving some people heated cells without using the mod - and soulvape  experienced the worst case scenario - a pocket bomb..........

just my 2 cent

Regards

Mikel

• Like 1

Sorry to see this happen soulvape hope your ok ?, no one blames evolv this lies at hcigars door, at least the VT75  has a adjustable battery cap for different sizes batterys.

11 hours ago, soulvape said:

i have put a fogstar 26650 in the vt75c, and in one second a bomb was born!

20479891_10211891177066489_2047509491052978263_n.jpg

20604162_10211891184266669_7821487452127518269_n.jpg

20626494_10211891175826458_8603945024637864993_o.jpg

Edited by David247

8 hours ago, Lowbytes said:

Hmmmm.....okay - but how do you explain this melted insulator? Okay if it heats up the upper plate.........

Screenshot at Aug. 04 01-27-28.png

This is what was about to happen to me, I was lucky and quickly pulled the battery out.

Hcigar are sending me out the new battery parts to replace.

Edited by David247

firstly, i do hope you are not seriously hurt.

i don't own this mod, so i can't comment on the safety of using 26650 cells inside of it (IMO,i think 26650's are just not designed / up to the task for our vaping needs). this could be a design flaw in the vt75c or this could be a poorly designed, poorly performing 26650 cell. there's not enough information from the OP. best bet is to contact hcigar explain your situation and include all the pics and any info you have included in this post. one thing to add, cells that violently vent like that are usually the off-brand re-wraps, with older cell chemistry, with questionable origins. i would stay away from "Fogstar" anything from now on. the brand name alone makes me super cringey.

• Like 2

vor 17 Stunden schrieb ChunkyButt200:

firstly, i do hope you are not seriously hurt.

i don't own this mod, so i can't comment on the safety of using 26650 cells inside of it (IMO,i think 26650's are just not designed / up to the task for our vaping needs). this could be a design flaw in the vt75c or this could be a poorly designed, poorly performing 26650 cell. there's not enough information from the OP. best bet is to contact hcigar explain your situation and include all the pics and any info you have included in this post. one thing to add, cells that violently vent like that are usually the off-brand re-wraps, with older cell chemistry, with questionable origins. i would stay away from "Fogstar" anything from now on. the brand name alone makes me super cringey.

It happened while putting in a cell and closing the Battery cover! Hcigar is absolut not responsible - if you write a negativ comment, it will be deleted and you´ll be banned (i´m already banned) b.t.w I´ve reported this issue to a chines shop owner (via PN) - he told me to feel free to share the story to his FB group - 2 hours later comment and pictures were deleted ! He told me, that he got a notification from facebook to do so! 

Edited by Lowbytes

try any of these avenues?........

Tel:86-0755-27345167

Mobile:+86 15919973387
Fax:86-0755-27345050

Email:admin@hcigar.com

Email: service@hcigar.com (After-Service Support)
Address:2rd Floor, No. 17 Building, Hualun Technological Park, Phoenix Xingye 1 Road, Fuyong Street, Baoan District,Country/Region:China (Mainland)Province/State:GuangdongCity:Shenzhen

is there a possibility the positive domed portion on the top 26650 was crushed into the cell itself creating a short, whether do to a poorly designed cell or the threaded battery cap being tightened too much? is the positive contact inside the mod spring loaded or static? the cell that vented on you, what does the top of it look like (if there is anything left of it)? can you post some high resolution pics? 

vor 16 Minuten schrieb ChunkyButt200:

try any of these avenues?........

Tel:86-0755-27345167

Mobile:+86 15919973387
Fax:86-0755-27345050

Email:admin@hcigar.com

Email: service@hcigar.com (After-Service Support)
Address:2rd Floor, No. 17 Building, Hualun Technological Park, Phoenix Xingye 1 Road, Fuyong Street, Baoan District,Country/Region:China (Mainland)Province/State:GuangdongCity:Shenzhen

is there a possibility the positive domed portion on the top 26650 was crushed into the cell itself creating a short, whether do to a poorly designed cell or the threaded battery cap being tightened too much? is the positive contact inside the mod spring loaded or static? the cell that vented on you, what does the top of it look like (if there is anything left of it)? can you post some high resolution pics? 

Mikel (soulvape DNA Germany Group) is still in contact with hcigar - thats the good news

The positiv inside the mod is spring loaded - springy way around 1,3mm - sure it could happened while he was putting the cell into the mod (maybe the top plate crushed too hard against the spring loaded plus pole ) maybe the force of the battery coverage was too high - who knows - as he reported it starts to blow off while screwing down the threaded battery cap - but we have been informed that more Users running into problem by using 26650 cells (cell heating up - unusable cell after trying to use in this mod! For sure he could have done something wrong - but he´s not alone with this "problem"

The bad news - due the blow off everything is now one part - as he told us everything is baked together in one part ................ 

vor 2 Minuten schrieb soulvape:

Thats right. My English writing is not Good to write like you it done. Thanks

i always try to do my best - i am not sure if i do write correct - but it looks like it is good enough

But hey - it´s nearly 40 years ago that i have finished school  

• Like 1

Let´s take a look to the numbers of some measurements  

Distance lower edge to insulator inside of the tube =                                               69,3mm

Distance lower edge to positive pole contact inside of the tube=                            68,0mm     (spring loaded positive pole not pushed)

Distance lower edge to positive pole contact of the tube=                                      69,3mm     (spring loaded positive pushed)

Thick of the battery cap=                                                                                            3,6mm

That means a cell of 64,4 mm (of length) will have contact (while battery cap is screwed in totally) - a cell off 65,7mm will push in the spring loaded contact totally (while battery cap is screwed in totally) and just touching the insulator - a cell of more than 65,7mm will be pressed against the insulator (if battery cap will screwed in totally) - In worst case the positive doomed portion of a 26650 (of 67mm length) cell will be bent 1,3mm into the cell (not healthy) 

By increasing the battery tube length 2mm and chosen 3,3mm of springy way for the positiv pole inside of the tube  never would this have been happened ?!

But i´ved only used a normal measuring stick - maybe the numbers are +- 0,1mm

My2cent it was avoidable!

Edited by Lowbytes

I've noticed that if I don't have the battery cap completely screwed in I can feel electrical shocks on my finger when I take a draw.My little finger rests on the battery cap when I hold the mod in my hand.I have to make sure I have that cap screwed in tight which makes it a bitch to unscrew when I have to change batteries.I'm thinking that the Lost Vape Paranormal is in my near future and boxing up the Vtc75 and calling it a bad purchase choice.

Edited by Smokin Dave