DNA250's reading different ohms

@Fabian9988 I applaud all your efforts, and if you will validate your VS is actually .007, then your Rebel value would also be correct.

@Lowbytes No offense my good man, I was merely saying you could run with this ......... you know the old "Too many cooks can spoil the broth" saying, or something like that. We're all here to learn and assist each other.

Here's the post I promised, and notice he used a straight 75. 

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Wayneo said:

@Fabian9988 I applaud all your efforts, and if you will validate your VS is actually .007, then your Rebel value would also be correct.

@Lowbytes No offense my good man, I was merely saying you could run with this ......... you know the old "Too many cooks can spoil the broth" saying, or something like that. We're all here to learn and assist each other.

Yea hopefully once I get the 510 copper short I will be able to see that the VS and the Rebel are. Cause right now they are 0.03ohms off. Which seems like a fairly big gap when all we're talking about for internal resistance is 0.001's

3 hours ago, Lowbytes said:

So - one more try - i´ll take a look into your problem - can you please upload your ecig file of both mods - maybe we can discover whats up............

Ok so I changed the Rebel back to 0 and figured out how to save the ecig files. So I will upload them here. Let me know what you think thanks! Everything is back to how I got them new except the brightness and fade setting stuff.

VSDNA250.ecig

RebelDNA167.ecig

Edited by Fabian9988

4 hours ago, Wayneo said:

AA has not worked for me with the copper shorting tool since Feb 2016 on any 2xx series board, first going down to .006 followed by a ?. Now with the latest escribe v1.2 sp5.2, it goes down to .005 IIRC, without ever a ?

4 hours ago, Fabian9988 said:

when the copper 510 tool gets here see what it comes up with

Please let us know the results.

vor 6 Stunden schrieb Wayneo:

By the way - best way to practice my bad english - 40 Years ago finished school ...... hopefully the gramma  is not too bad ;-)

When I'm in atomizer analyzer should the raw ohms be going up and down by 0.001 with the atty on all the way? It does not constantly move, it will stay on a reading for a bit but sometimes jumps 0.001 then goes back to the number it seems to stay on most of the time. It looks like the mod resistance is actually 0.003

The DNA75c is reading ohms quite differently than in previous versions.  It's also reading them differently using different versions of the firmware.  In comparing results to that generated by a well calibrated Hobo X Al, I had four 75c mods that  WERE reading them significantly lower.  I would have needed a negative mod resistance offset to actually calibrate the mods and that's not possible.  The most recent early release firmware (SP5) is suddenly reading them quite a bit higher and using the same Hobo X comparison I'm now needing to use a mod resistance offset of around 0.008.  The four mods are vaping quite a bit better now.  There ARE some other issues with the new firmware, but for me it's been an improvement.

Edited by LeeWB3
Corrected to state the new firmware reads HIGHER.

9 minutes ago, LeeWB3 said:

The DNA75c is reading ohms quite differently than in previous versions.  It's also reading them differently using different versions of the firmware.  In comparing results to that generated by a well calibrated Hobo X Al, I had four 75c mods that  WERE reading them significantly lower.  I would have needed a negative mod resistance offset to actually calibrate the mods and that's not possible.  The most recent early release firmware (SP5) is suddenly reading them quite a bit lower and using the same Hobo X comparison I'm now needing to use a mod resistance offset of around 0.008.  The four mods are vaping quite a bit better now.  There ARE some other issues with the new firmware, but for me it's been an improvement.

Wow. Do they still sell Hobo X AI mods? I've herd a few times about that mod being as close to perfect as you can get in terms of the resistance 

1 minute ago, Fabian9988 said:

Wow. Do they still sell Hobo X AI mods? I've herd a few times about that mod being as close to perfect as you can get in terms of the resistance 

No, they are not sold anymore.  I bought 2 secondhand, one of which had almost never been used.  I have verified calibration using several means and believe i am VERY close so I can use it as my standard to compare other mods to.

Edited by LeeWB3

1 hour ago, LeeWB3 said:

No, they are not sold anymore.  I bought 2 secondhand, one of which had almost never been used.  I have verified calibration using several means and believe i am VERY close so I can use it as my standard to compare other mods to.

Nice I'll have t look around on the FB groups and see if any used ones pop up.