Possible bug with new Firmware 1.1 SP23

shrahman

EScribe Suite 2.0 SP4.2, DNA 75 Color (firmware 1.1 SP23),

Jjust uploaded and I concur the repeatability of the bug.  Additionally, found that while in autoscroll and increasing from 20W (TC), the preheat (set at 40W) would soon start increasing.  Also at 21.4W, it would stop autoscroll and the preheat would keep on increasing (up button pressed continuously).  Up button released and pressed again, firing wattage would go to 22.8W, the stop.  Preheat continued to increase.  Continued release and press on the up button would repeat the behavior, firing wattage scrolling up 1.4 watts increments then stopping.

Here is another one.......... A report that was given in the GERMAN DNA75C group:

A 2 amps limited AC charger is not working in charging mode anymore

The same charger/cable was proper charging the cell via usb before the sp23 update - now it is starting to charge cell and reporting fully charged after a few seconds

Charging with a 500ma rated charger still working 

I´ve ask user to downgrade and check to make sure that it is not hardware related - but he will stay on sp23!!!!  So just for your information if you´ll have any other USB related problems reported!

Regards

Mikel

Edited by Lowbytes

1 hour ago, Lowbytes said:

Here is another one.......... A report that was given in the GERMAN DNA75C group:

A 2 amps limited AC charger is not working in charging mode anymore

The same charger/cable was proper charging the cell via usb before the sp23 update - now it is starting to charge cell and reporting fully charged after a few seconds

Charging with a 500ma rated charger still working 

I´ve ask user to downgrade and check to make sure that it is not hardware related - but he will stay on sp23!!!!  So just for your information if you´ll have any other USB related problems reported!

Regards

Mikel

I've not had any issue using a 2A wall charger and USB with a Therion 75C

User went back to Sp22P2 - charging now working again - with the same Charger (Original Samsung Wall Charger) and the same cable

So - now - what´s causing this issue??? I´ve no ideas!

SP22P2 - Charging okay SP23 Charging not okay .... 

My mod no Problems with any combination of chargers - Cables and firmware ............

vor 1 Minute schrieb James:

What charger is he using? I will order one to test. Thanks!

Thanks for it James - but as Forest Gump said .......you´ll never know what you get..........

Maybe he has a chinese clone warrior - usual what you get if you order via amazon ;-) 

Did you changed anything USB related during the reprogramming of the SP23 ?

Hmm. Well, if you could find out the specific charger I'd appreciate it.

I found out that the Charge Status coming from our charging chip was not always accurate (for example, previously it would not switch back to Charging if it finished charging and you kept using it without plugging back into USB), so I now calculate whether or not it is charging. This is a bug fix, and should work better.

The chargers I am using all work, but if I can find a charger it does not work on, I can fix it.

Thanks!

James

I think i´ve sorted out a possible USB Charging problem 

The 2Amp charger delivering 5,246 V output current - i have exactly the same charger mine delivering 5,02 V

Specification for max USB Voltage is afaik 5,250 V - so i think that you´ve Programmed a max USB voltage somehow?!

So as you can see - 2 identical chargers giving 2 different output currents  - you´ll never know what you get ;-) 

But anyway i´ve attached pictures x1 Charging with a 500ma Charger - Charging with the non working charger - the non working charger - all Pictures taken with firmware sp23 - with sp21 Charger is working!

Regards 

Mikel

Screenshot at Juli 24 18-48-39-3.png

Screenshot at Juli 24 18-48-10-2.png

Screenshot at Juli 24 18-47-45-1.png

USB voltage drops as charging increases, so it's not surprising to get 5.246V (that is as high as we can read) when it is not charging. There isn't anything necessarily wrong there.

I've ordered the US version of that travel adapter.

Hi James 

I´m using exact the same charger without any problem! So - if i would guess.......it will work for you!

BUT - using an Amazon Basic charger (2Amps) give me 4,74 V 0,335A charging - changing to Samsung Charger (2Amps) giving me 5,02V 0,665A charging - changing to Nexus6 Charger giving me 4,97V 0,411A charging - changing to the Alexa Power supply giving me 4,98V 1,0A charging - so every charger is working but giving different charging amps..........Same Cable same Mod same 18650 just switching the USB connector from one charger to the next!

To be fair, the USB current on 75 Color is an estimate based on voltage drop, mostly there to help the case thermals.

Most of mine were more consistent than that, though. I'm going to order some of the chargers you mentioned.

• Like 1

James - now its getting weird - connected an USB Doktor between mod and Charger - 

telling me that 5.11 V and 0,96Amps are used - the mod telling me 4,74V and 0,446A are used for charging?????????????????????????

What da hack is going on? Charger is one of these amazon basic wall power chargers rated 2A - where are the missing 0,5 Amps?

The device can't measure USB current. It estimates it by the USB voltage. Current is conserved so there is no such thing as missing amps. The estimate may not be perfect for some chargers, though. It doesn't affect the vape.

That said, I've ordered an AmazonBasics charger so I can take a look at what it does.

• Like 1