Mac EScribe Suite Beta Thread

2 hours ago, James said:

I've posted beta 10 for Mac.

It fixes a number of Mac bugs: Available Materials not saving, ECigStats minimizing to the Dock, some themes not being uploadable, and a few others.

Thanks, James.

I can confirm now Available Materials are correctly saved.

After upgrading the two 75C, Therion and the ERM, with the SP25, I noticed cold ohms seem systematically read again a bit lower (tried atomizer analyzer right before and right after applying the service pack).

On the therion I have an SS316L coil that was reading ~0.682 with SP24 and went to 0.662 right after applying SP25.

On the ERM another SS316L coil went from 0.859 on SP24 to 0.843.

The weird thing is that the vape doesn't seem to be affected too much, as far as the very few puffs I've taken since upgrading.

So I think I need some more time to be sure of the vape quality, but I wanted to put this out as soon as possible to check if this could be an expected effect of SP25?

Thank you for making a dream come true ! 

No more need for parallels 

B t w i can confirm that with SP25 regulation has changed - to get the same vaping experiences i´ve to manually set Ohms to 0.33 on sp25 on sp24 0,345 so still different to other DNA´s

Measured room temperature still way to high (dig Thermometer reads 23,0°C) - looks like still something wrong in my case thermals

Regards Mikel

Screenshot at Aug. 04 00-49-40.png

Am 7.7.2017 um 03:25 schrieb James:

Hello all,

For some time now, as time has permitted, I've been separating out and making platform-independent the Windows-specific portions of our EScribe code. About a month ago I finished this, and began porting EScribe to MacOS. Today, I believe the Mac port has few enough bugs to be usable.

I expect this will have bugs. Please let me know what you run into. Also, I don't use Mac on a daily basis, so if there is anything that seems unnatural to you relative to ordinary Mac look-and-feel, please mention that as well.

https://downloads.evolvapor.com/SetupEScribe2_SP5_1c_b12_US.pkg

https://downloads.evolvapor.com/SetupEScribe2_SP5_1c_b12_INTL.pkg

Enjoy :)

James

Hey James,

i use the Escribe Beta on Sierra and i'm very interested how are the Backups saved to. When i look in the Help menu under Backups, i have many of them and thinking of delete them. But i can not find them.

Where are the Backups saved to? in which folder?

Thank you for this great piece of Software.

Best regards ozzy

7 hours ago, James said:

@ndb, @Lowbytes: Give beta 12 a try. Thanks!

Wow! I'm currently out and only have with me the ERM 75C with a SS316L, so I can't do too much testing, but I run atomizer analyzer just before and after applying this beta 12's FW and you can see the difference in the attached screenshots.

By the way, since it is still called SP25, to be perfectly clear: the "BEFORE" picture refers to the SP25 that came yesterday with mac escribe beta 10, the "AFTER" picture refers to this latest SP25 that came with mac escribe beta 12:

The first room temperature ~87F is almost exact, the second one appears higher probably due to the effect of FW update that you mentioned in your previous post (i.e. it resets to board temperature after an upgrade)

Needless to say, this even seems too good to be true... ;-). I could even back-off temperature down to 380F maintaining smooth regulation.

I can't currently do any further (e.g. cotton burn) testing as I'm out and about, but when I'll get home tomorrow I'll compare these readings with what I can get from my DNA200/75 and report back.

BEFORE: (SP25 FW from mac beta 10)

before.jpeg.d9ede07c27ad40801dfe9293f5d01eed.jpeg

AFTER:  (SP25 FW from mac beta 12)

after.jpeg.372341c5ba6297d21d4778a093e76258.jpeg

before.jpeg

after.jpeg

vor 7 Stunden schrieb James:

@ozzy: On MacOS, they are stored in /home/Username/.config/Evolv/EScribe Suite/Backups. It will only store, for each device type, at most 20MB, and at most 200 files. (Typically, .ecig files are smaller than 100KB.)

Thank you. The size of the Backups are really small i wondering.

13 minutes ago, guynicolson said:

Running 10.9.5 OS X 

DNA 60, DNA200 and DNA250 working

Service pack applied to DNA200 1.2 SP5

Thank you for all your efforts 

a huge thank you !!! working with dna 200 and 75 !!! thank you very much !!!

On 8/3/2017 at 3:56 PM, Lowbytes said:

Support for other devices not changed! So Still 200 and 75 missing!

Guess I missed it, but now see Escribe for Mac working with DNA75's! With so many waiting for Mac support for these devices, I'm surprised there was not a major announcement. Spread the word, HOORAY!!!

I'm just starting to play, seems like the mac version can open my Windows saved versions, only tried this once as I have to copy over all my windows saved files. Anyone else try doing this, do the windows saved files transfer accurately?

On 8/4/2017 at 8:53 AM, guynicolson said:

Running 10.9.5 OS X 

DNA 60, DNA200 and DNA250 working

Service pack applied to DNA200 1.2 SP5

Thank you for all your efforts 

Seems to be working on 10.9.5 here as well, have to put it through the paces. NICE job, Apple has moved well past this OS version, very HAPPY you were able to make Escribe work on this older OS!

Running  10.11.6, DNA 250 everything appears to be working thank you. 

I did notice a little bug in ecigstats where it only shows the number of TC puffs and not the total.

(Temperature puffs are 0 because I reset the counter and haven't used a TC atomizer since

Screen Shot 2017-08-06 at 1.10.47 PM.png

Edited by koronis

I created the dir, chmod 755, but it got tedious very fast.

RunProgram:

Unhandled Exception:
	System.Security.SecurityException: No access to the given key ---> System.UnauthorizedAccessException: Access to the path "/Users/.../.mono/registry/CurrentUser/software/evolv/escribe/skin choices" is denied.
Edited by bmaggot
missing post after /code/ tag

@James

In the picture below (General/Profile): I had a 0.000 internal mod resistance when I measured. In atomizer analyzer I had input a mod resistance of 0.006 obtained with a shorting slug. (The slug was freshly cleaned with acetone and turns were counted to mimic RDA depth.)  I used 130mm of 22awg Kanthal A1 (cleaned) which should be really close to 0.500. In fact I used a reference mod that I know to be pretty accurate and running on a pre-color release of eScribe and measured a 0.454. I don't have the tools or the indepth knowledge to go much deeper than I have, but from my notes through the various releases the errors have not been linear. I can get a bead on any kind of compensation I can use to offset and get a correct reading. I have just had to override to whatever the coil actually is and then vape. 

Anyways just a heads up.

IMG_5528.JPG