Mac EScribe Suite Beta Thread

Thank you for this! I just saw this today and was able to tinker around a bit on mac escribe. However I am a total noob, just received my dna 250 mod yesterday and have a few questions and please be easy on me..

I saw a csv file for 3x samsung 30Qs which i have put into escribe into my mod, question is can i change it back to the default setting? Or is it better to just leave the setting with the csv?

also, i tried to vape at 450F, 500F and 550F on SS316 TC mode however to me they all feel the same, it feels like a cool vape and i am after a warm vape, do you have any suggestions? I ran the device analyser and the graph shows that it is reaching the temps but i feel they all vape the same. 

Hope you can help me, thanks!!!

vor einer Stunde schrieb YeuG:

Thank you for this! I just saw this today and was able to tinker around a bit on mac escribe. However I am a total noob, just received my dna 250 mod yesterday and have a few questions and please be easy on me..

I saw a csv file for 3x samsung 30Qs which i have put into escribe into my mod, question is can i change it back to the default setting? Or is it better to just leave the setting with the csv?

also, i tried to vape at 450F, 500F and 550F on SS316 TC mode however to me they all feel the same, it feels like a cool vape and i am after a warm vape, do you have any suggestions? I ran the device analyser and the graph shows that it is reaching the temps but i feel they all vape the same. 

Hope you can help me, thanks!!!

Please let´s move this out of this thread - because cool/cold vape is not belonging to MacEscribe ?! 

Hi James, great work!

Did i miss the marching Band walking through my street and shouting "Finally it is done"?

I used the b12 right now on a Mac book pro late 2011 with Sierra 10.12.6. All seems to work fine with my 2 DNA 75 and the one DNA 250 i own.

I had some weird crashes (immediate shut down of the escribe-software) when saving .ecig-files in the default folder but could work around it by just choosing  a different folder. Everything else, as far as i can see right now, works like the windows version.

Of course the software right now doesn't have the Mac-Touch by the looks of it, but the great thing is, that mac-users could also use the software-guides on eg. youtube with this version too. So i don't know if this is really a bad thing.

Thanks again, this is a huge achievement for mac-using vapers.

Best regards

Uwe Kliem

@koronis, thanks for reporting that ECigStats display bug. I've fixed it.

@bmaggot, for future reference you should be able to do chmod -R 755 to do all subdirectories as well. That said, do you not have write access to your user directory? That really should not happen. By any chance are there other programs in the .mono subdirectory? I wonder if one of them set the permissions up in an odd way.

@Uwe Kliem, what do you mean specifically by the Mac-Touch? What does it do that is out of place on MacOS? Thanks!

10 hours ago, James said:

for future reference you should be able to do chmod -R 755 to do all subdirectories as well. That said, do you not have write access to your user directory? That really should not happen. By any chance are there other programs in the .mono subdirectory? I wonder if one of them set the permissions up in an odd way.

All .mono dir was writable only to system, no other apps there.

I reinstalled mono for mac, but nothing changed.

Had to 'chmod -R' everything to launch the application.

15 hours ago, James said:

I've posted beta 13, which fixes some of the bugs reported here.

Thanks for the update. Nothing major popping up on MacOS sierra 10.12.6.

Just one question, which I already wanted to ask in the past but forgot to.

As I read in the release notes "Exposed some fields for themes that want to take advantage of them", is there an easy way to know what are exactly the new "exposed" fields in TD every time they get added?

And while I'm on it, does anybody think it would be useful to "expose" the cold-ohm-reading without actually acquiring it but just showing the value (together with the corresponding room temp) and letting the user decide if acquire it or not?

Trying to clarify what I have in mind: expose a (couple of) field(s) that would let you obtain the same effect you get in Escribe with the "Measure Ohms" button in the "General" tab, which fills the "Cold Ohms" and base temperature fields, without changing anything on the device (unless of course you upload settings afterwards)

As far as I understand it, that's what happens (and you can control) in a "New Atomizer" screen in Theme designer, where you're shown with the new cold-ohm value and base temp and you can accept it or discard it, but I wasn't able to programmatically activate a functional "New Atomizer" screen, IOW I can trigger it to appear, but unless the device has actually detected a new atomizer, the values I'm interested in are not populated.

So, in other words, I'd like to be able to have a theme where I can "peek" into what the current cold-ohm value and base temperature _WOULD_ be, without actually locking them in unless I really want to.

Why? Because since we don't have refinement anymore, I find myself many times wondering "is the current ohm reading still in line with what I read N days ago?" especially with atomizers/connections that are not 100% TC-friendly.

Yes, I know I could just resample it, but sometimes I just want to "peek" and see, without actually changing anything in the current setup.

Well, maybe it's just me, but I felt like putting this out as a potential suggestion in case it doesn't require a lot of implementation effort or in case I have missed something and it is already possible to do so...

Also, I can see this might not even be the right place to ask, but I wasn't sure if opening a new thread for "suggestions" would be frowned upon or not, so feel free to just move this to another place as needed.

Edited by ndb

On 7/6/2017 at 6:25 PM, James said:

Hello all,

For some time now, as time has permitted, I've been separating out and making platform-independent the Windows-specific portions of our EScribe code. About a month ago I finished this, and began porting EScribe to MacOS. Today, I believe the Mac port has few enough bugs to be usable.

I expect this will have bugs. Please let me know what you run into. Also, I don't use Mac on a daily basis, so if there is anything that seems unnatural to you relative to ordinary Mac look-and-feel, please mention that as well.

https://downloads.evolvapor.com/SetupEScribe2_SP5_2_b13_US.pkg

https://downloads.evolvapor.com/SetupEScribe2_SP5_2_b13_INTL.pkg

Enjoy :)

James

Revision information:

b13 - Updated to SP5.2. Fixes a number of MacOS-specific bugs.

b12 - Fixes a DNA 75 Color SP25 scale bug.

b11 - Fixes minor DNA 75 Color SP25 bug, and extends the beta to support DNA 75 and 200.

b10 - Updated to SP5.1. This version fixes Available Materials not saving, ECigStats minimizing to the Dock, and other bugs. Includes DNA 75 Color SP25.

b9 - Updated to SP5. This is the first version to also support ECigStats. Includes DNA 75 Color SP24, and extends the beta to support DNA 250.

b8 - Updated to SP4.2. Includes DNA 75 Color SP23.

b7 - Supports dragging files onto EScribe (.ecig), Device Monitor (.py), and Theme Designer (.ecigtheme). Includes revised DNA 75 Color SP22.

b6 - Supports OS X High Sierra. Includes revised DNA 75 Color SP22.

b2 - Supports OS X versions earlier than Sierra.

b1 - Initial test release.

Hey James, I was finally able to get the software using the international version on an iMac OS X using 10.10.5 Yosemite and need to know how do I go about using it for the VT75C, are there any instructions on this forum so I don't have to take any of your time up? Last question is, if for some reason it doesn't work out can I go back to the original? Sorry for needing any assistance. Thank you!

vor 13 Stunden schrieb erieboyz:

Hello everyone, 

I am so glad a beta is out for Mac. Everything installed and working properly except for one thing: none of my devices will connect to my Mac. Has anyone experienced this yet? If so is there a workaround for this?

Thank you.

Hmm......No problems here - all devices are connecting perfect - 

16 hours ago, erieboyz said:

Hello everyone, 

I am so glad a beta is out for Mac. Everything installed and working properly except for one thing: none of my devices will connect to my Mac. Has anyone experienced this yet? If so is there a workaround for this?

Thank you.

Try another cable.  All my devices connect to my three Macs, but not on all of my cables.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, erieboyz said:

Everything installed and working properly except for one thing: none of my devices will connect to my Mac. Has anyone experienced this yet? If so is there a workaround for this?

I've never had any issues at all connecting my two Therion 75c's to my Macs. Are you sure that you are using a USB cable with data capability?

Some USB cables only have two wires which means they are wired for charge only and don't carry any data. A USB cable that carries data as well as having charging capability has four wires. The two types of cables can be difficult to tell apart unless you can get a good look inside the connectors.
https://www.quora.com/What-is-the-difference-between-a-USB-charging-cable-and-a-data-cable

Some people use the charge only cables to charge if they are on the go a lot and use USB charging outlets that they do not personally control. The charge only cables have no means to transfer malware.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, erieboyz said:

Awesome. I'll try it when I get home. Thanks for the tips everyone

So, I am happy to say that I tried a different cable and it was successful. Thank you for the tips. I appreciate it. I should have thought about this since I work with tech all the time lol. 

• Like 1

vor 4 Stunden schrieb erieboyz:

So, I am happy to say that I tried a different cable and it was successful. Thank you for the tips. I appreciate it. I should have thought about this since I work with tech all the time lol. 

Happens sometimes - a kind of technician blindness ................... who´s deleted the internet? ;-) 

7 hours ago, erieboyz said:

I'm very happy to hear that all is working well for you now. It's so easy for the fact that there are two types of cables to disappear in the recesses of one's mind if one has not needed a mini to do data transfer for a very long time.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/31/2017 at 8:00 AM, James said:

I've posted SP6.

ummm? I must be dumb or something but I can't find the downloads for the latest Mac version (or for that matter the PC version). The only links I've run into seem to be for previous versions. ... Where can I find the link to download the current Mac version and perhaps the instruction pdf for using eScribe?  

Sorry about this ... I just don't see it from this forum site or links to it from the Evolv home site. I'll probably feel even dumber when I see the answer.