Mac EScribe Suite Beta Thread

Hi James

Beside the wrong room Temp ( seems to be 4°C too high) working accurate for me

Flash E Vapor V3 - 0,37 Ohm V2A Clapton Coil manually has to be set to 0,335 

reading coil resistance constant  0,351Ohm at ambient temp 27°C (real room Temp is 23°C)

Screenshot at Juli 13 07-32-17.png

22222222.png

For the benefit of whoever else might get tripped by this, after I sent my .ecig files to @James, he came back with a resolution that he allowed me to share here:

Whoa... on both of these, you don't have a standard Evolv SS316 curve.

SS 316L... This is clearly based on a TCR given the number of points. I don't know if it is more wrong, but try copying SS 316 from Available Materials (that's the Evolv curve) and using that. Granted, 316 is not graded electrically, so there is always some variation (this is one of Stainless's chief problems), but...

SE-316L-TFR... Which mod did this come from? We should let the manufacturer know. In fact, I should make the software give a warning on upload for this case. If the lowest point in the curve is 68F, if it ever reads lower than 68 F, it is going to give Temp Protected. This is incredibly likely as there is electrical noise and during the split-second start of firing there is a tendency for the Ohms to sample slightly low. Our curve has points at -100F and 0F as well. I imagine folks might think "nobody vapes that low, it doesn't matter", but it *does*, as the range of the material curve defines the range of Ohms it will allow.

Basically I was using a steam-engine curve for 316L that was, for some reason, missing the lowest -58F point so that the curve started at 68F (maybe something got screwed up when I downloaded the csv and imported it in escribe, I don't know).

This caused noise-induced errors to the measurements performed during the initial phase of firing to fall below the minimum allowed temperature of 68F, hence the temp protect error.

Replacing that TFR curve with the stock 316 that comes with escribe did indeed solve the problems.

Now, using the stock profile is not mandatory, the important thing is to be sure that the curve starts well below what we consider the minimum ambient temperature we'll be vaping at, to avoid initial lower readings to be considered "out-of-range".

I'm not sure I've thanked James enough for finding this out... ;-)

Hello,

I'm running OS X 10.9.5 and version b6 US of Escribe 

I have uploaded custom screens to my DNA 60 and saved custom screens to my Mac successfully

I adjusted and uploaded/downloaded the value for Temperature and changed CoilMaterial (upload/download) 

Looks great thank you for making a Mac version possible it's very much appreciated.

vor 5 Stunden schrieb ndb:

For the benefit of whoever else might get tripped by this, after I sent my .ecig files to @James, he came back with a resolution that he allowed me to share here:

Basically I was using a steam-engine curve for 316L that was, for some reason, missing the lowest -58F point so that the curve started at 68F (maybe something got screwed up when I downloaded the csv and imported it in escribe, I don't know).

This caused noise-induced errors to the measurements performed during the initial phase of firing to fall below the minimum allowed temperature of 68F, hence the temp protect error.

Replacing that TFR curve with the stock 316 that comes with escribe did indeed solve the problems.

Now, using the stock profile is not mandatory, the important thing is to be sure that the curve starts well below what we consider the minimum ambient temperature we'll be vaping at, to avoid initial lower readings to be considered "out-of-range".

I'm not sure I've thanked James enough for finding this out... ;-)

Then something went wrong with the download or with uploading it to the DNA75C

The steam-engine TFR Curve is complete with all needed temp points

2222222.png

Any idea when we'll see support for the straight DNA75 (non-C)?

i just ordered a Therion 75 from Lost Vapes and I'm hoping to play with this by the time it arrives! Very excite!

Also a Mac Consultant (Former Apple Genius) and I know other Mac peeps that vape DNA chips that will be equally stoked to see this in beta.  

Thanks! 

J

7 hours ago, JBood said:

...  I know other Mac peeps that vape DNA chips that will be equally stoked to see this in beta.  

Do NOT jinx it... Been waiting for a mac version since forever... (or at least since pre-The_Donald days, which now feels like forever, here across the pond.)

I see above that some questions about TFR's and resistance sampling are above. But when I went to set my internal resistance with a shorting block I got an internal resistance between 0.006 and 0.007 depending on thread depth. I uploaded those settings and connected a device with a known resistance, 0.11, I then checked atomizer analyzer and it came back with 0.091. I then tried moving my mods internal resistance up and down 0.002 and neither gets me any closer to known reference point. Any thoughts?

On 7/20/2017 at 9:46 PM, James said:

I've posted up a new test version. The link is on the initial post in this thread.

It brings the Mac version up in line with EScribe Suite SP4.2 on PC. Let me know if you run into any bugs.

Enjoy :)

James

Is it still limited to the DNA 75C? 

Well, I finally got ECigStats ported over, so the Mac version is nearly feature-complete at this point.

We haven't run into nearly as many bugs as I thought we would, or at least, nobody has reported them yet. *knock on electronics* There are a few cosmetic issues that annoy me, and Serial Terminal is not fully functional, but so far, no show stoppers. :)

If I had to guess, I'd say about a week.

• Like 1

Just tried beta 9 on macOS Sierra 10.12.5 with a VaporShark DNA250. Installation was simple and clean and all apps launch without any trouble.

Connected successfully to my mod, downloaded settings, tweaked them, and uploaded again. All working as far as I can tell. Pretty smooth for a beta... (Many) kudos to Evolv for producing a Mac app. Thank you. 

Now if the Mac app could magically turn my DNA250 screen into a 75 colour screen that would be really sweet. :-)

vor 3 Stunden schrieb James:

Well, I finally got ECigStats ported over, so the Mac version is nearly feature-complete at this point.

We haven't run into nearly as many bugs as I thought we would, or at least, nobody has reported them yet. *knock on electronics* There are a few cosmetic issues that annoy me, and Serial Terminal is not fully functional, but so far, no show stoppers. :)

If I had to guess, I'd say about a week.

One little bug with Ecigstats (or two if you count the website in): When closing the stats-window the menu-bar icon is gone too and no stats are recorded. I know the windows-version behaves the same and one should simply minimize the window but in the mac os version "minimize" doesn't make the window disappear but instead minimizes the window in the dock where it is visible all the time which is not the way it should work.

Further most oft the Ecigstats website content (stats etc.) doesn't show when using Safari as browser (Chrome and Firefox work fine).

Apart from that no bugs found. Great work!

Edited by embe71