Jump to content

Does recently purchased Therion Dual DNA 75c need firmware update?


Recommended Posts

I just purchased a Therion Dual 18650 DNA 75C from VaporDNA. It was from a fairly recent shipment but when I phoned VaporDNA they weren't didn't know what firmware the units had.

Would it be safe to use and work properly with Ni and Ti coils?

I will wait until the Mac version of EScribe is available to update the firmware but it would be nice to be able use the Therion before that.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Peraspera, you can use the Therion out of the box, but earlier versions did come uncofigured at default settings. If you’re going to use Ni or Ti, the safe bet would be to review the material and Mod tab settings in Escribe first. If you only have a Mac, you could run Escribe in a virtual environment. I posted a fully configured Therion settings file to the download section of the forum as a starting point for mod safety limits if need be. As far as firmware goes, the stock firmware is fine, though I’d recommend the beta from the “ohms too low” thread, as it helps to correct the resistance measurement which is needed for accurate temp control. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Jason - I very much appreciate the reply but I plan to wait until the Mac version of Escribe is available. The aggravation and slight increased security risk isn't close to being worth it to me to run a Windows VM. I'm also highly disinclined to run any sort of beta firmware.

I have been vaping on DNA 40s at 25 watts. Would using the firmware that shipped with my Therion be similar in accuracy for Ni and Ti? Is it safe to use the mod with VCT4 or VCT5 batteries without a firmware update?

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, James said:

Do they have an About screen on this mod that shows what Service Pack it is running?

Thank you for the response. The About screen indicates my Therion DNA 75C is running Version 21.

3 hours ago, Lowbytes said:

Not afraid of running a vm at all - just disabled the Network interface in the VM 

But - surely it´s time for a nativ MAC version ! PLEASE!

 

According to security experts vulnerable systems can be successfully infected within seconds of a network making a public appearance. Even though the VM risk is quite small it is simply one more aggravation regarding installing a Windows VN I much prefer to avoid.

While I am hoping for a Mac Escribe version soon I very much appreciate that Evolv prioritized getting so many boards in under the FDA wire and getting out bug fixes.

Edited by peraspera
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...