Issues connecting to eScribe, through a powered USB hub

SSV

idle time up to 60 seconds and active time bumped back up to 10 seconds, and still working fine.....it was failing to switch over, with these exact settings before *scratches head* 

*shrugs* I'll knock this one off the list and put it to bed....all is well ATM. 

I am experiencing some VERY strange behavior when using a dedicated PSU as charge input though....at 5v everything is just fine, but as soon as I dip below 4.8v things go haywire.....I will start a new thread on that subject, and include a video demo of the activity....PSU is not switching over to any kind of CC operation, BUT the current draw is very erratic....I'll get some data up as soon as I confirm there is no issue in the test loop.....to confirm the data lines are not active....I am assuming data lines in USB are 3.3v logic signals?  I will hook up another external PSU and try to simulate some logic inits, and throw it up on the scope and see what I can see....I knew that eye diagram would be useful one day or another

I traced the non linear current reduction problems in the test to a fault in the PSU.  I terminated the data lines coming from the dna200 into the front end of the scope (through a FET probe) and the logic level seems to be correct, even under a fault condition.....I don't need to see packets, just want to see if any logic level faults can drive the dna200 to pull some oddball current spike.....so far everything is looking very good.....on screen vs device monitor vs my test loop only show a 2mA sDEV....data lines 24mV.....I can't seem to break it with a fault yet.....so I am moving it over to a sacrificial laptop....I built the interrupted USB cable we had talked about.....so I can take some metrics at any point in the USB line, and from both ends of the host/slave.....

I have to say i am very impressed with the overall accuracy and safety in the dna200 charging....I have a few minor software gripes, but the hardware is looking very solid....I am gaining a lot of confidence in using USB as the primary charge method, with a fixed pack in the mod....I am seeing all the benefits that come with this approach, with none of the problems that other controllers have had (such as not living up to industry ratings or safety standards).  You really don't want to play dice with a 30c 2200maH li-Po....the BMS on this early board is pretty good

• 2 years later...