Screen very very dim

I got my Hana V200 in today and the fire button was stuck down. I eventually got it unstuck and then found the screen was very very dim. It is on it does vape. I can see it if I'm in a dark room. I tried updating the brightness setting in Escribe but it stayed the same. Any ideas???

I'll try leaving one powered up overnight with the fire button stuck and see if I can replicate problems. What firmware did it ship with?

Is it always dim? If you upload settings, does the "UPLOAD SETTINGS" message appear on the screen? If so, does it appear dim or bright?

Thank you very much. I actually sent an email last night and got a reply today asking for pictures. I sent some in and haven't heard anything back. I'm not upset at all these things happen. I will just be sad if I have to go without it for a while I've been looking forward to it for a while.

Yeah, I'm not happy about their use of a JST connector for main power input (Yes, I know the pack comes with it) but the 510 connector should be nice and beefy. 

Otherwise it is pretty similar to the reference design except for round buttons except for square. And they're gluing the screen in. 

John said:

Yeah, I'm not happy about their use of a JST connector for main power input (Yes, I know the pack comes with it) but the 510 connector should be nice and beefy. 

Otherwise it is pretty similar to the reference design except for round buttons except for square. And they're gluing the screen in. 

I just saw those pics. I haven't opened mine up yet but I'll be replacing it with a XT30 connector. 

You may have trouble fitting it, there isn't a ton of space in there. The Hana is even smaller than the reference case. 

I know if we ever go to production with complete reference cases we'll be using individual 2mm bullets. 

John said:

You may have trouble fitting it, there isn't a ton of space in there. The Hana is even smaller than the reference case. 

I know if we ever go to production with complete reference cases we'll be using individual 2mm bullets. 

I have 2mm bullets that I used in my Hana mini clone when I installed a DNA40 with an 18650. 

*And thanks for replacing my DNA200 so quickly!!! :thumb:

John said:

KTM can you swap the screen for another and see if it is screen related or board related? 

I think we sent you another board, but I don't know if you've gotten it yet. 

I did get the replacement board (thanks!). 

I could try to replace it but I was waiting for Hana to respond to my e-mail (probably won't be until Monday). 

I didn't want to be stuck with a $200 brick.

I'm still vaping on it so it's working fine. I'm guessing it's a pinched display ribbon wire. Everything looks good in Device Monitor in Escribe while vaping. No dips in voltage or power. 

Update: Evolv sent me a new screen. When I took the Hana apart I found the ribbon cable pinched in between the metal fire button and the switch on the board which would explain the stuck button and the dead screen when I received it. New screen is installed and it works great.