Trade ya!

John

Tomr1088 said:

received my evolv beta mod today. aside from the color i love it so much more. i could care less when i see the hana back :)

i am hoping my hana comes back with the 510 from the reference mod tho. finally my attys screw down all the way. and no more button spin

Tom,

Did you make some special deal with "John" on the "Swap" to have your Hana repaired and returned?

Swap as in "to exchange one item for another". As far as I know there is no plan to return your Hana repaired. John is investigating problems with the Hana units to determine if the problems are from the Modder or an Evolv problem.

Also why would you want the Hana back anyway. It has undersized battery wiring and the battery connector is also undersized for the current it may need to handle.

I "Swapped" my Hana for an Evolv unit that John was kind enough to send me. And I'll tell you this the only way they are getting the Proto Evolv unit back is to prying it out of my cold dead hands.

Regards,
George

The Evolv made device has been in my hands a minimum of 10 hours per day, every day, since June 1 and if it was going to show a "gottcha" it should have done it by now I would think. The custom made 510 connector really impressed me.  I've debated whether to take it apart and anodize it but "if it ain't broke, don't fix it" but an Evolv kit, if it becomes available, will my next purchase. :thumb:

dc601 said:

The Evolv made device has been in my hands a minimum of 10 hours per day, every day, since June 1 and if it was going to show a "gottcha" it should have done it by now I would think. The custom made 510 connector really impressed me.  I've debated whether to take it apart and anodize it but "if it ain't broke, don't fix it" but an Evolv kit, if it becomes available, will my next purchase. :thumb:

dc,

I would swear mine which I only receive this past Monday is clear anodized. That said some of the pictures I have seen in the past of the Mod looked like tumbled polished raw aluminum. (???)

But I think you are right "ain't broke" leave it alone.

I have been thinking about buying a kit if and when they provide them. That said I would like to have one that I could put a larger battery in. I am not one of those people that insist my Mod be smaller than a matchbox.

Regards,
George 

I'm almost jealous. I really wanted a reference mod (still do). My Hana is working great now though. I'll get around to changing the connector one of these days. 

If/when the reference mod goes on sale, I'll order one since I still have an extra DNA200 board with no home. 

KTM,

Well the Reference box that I received has a few dimensional errors for the mounting screws that hold the back on but when it is all buttoned up you can't tell. I'm sure by the time they start selling them they will have those minor Oopses worked out.

The one thing I will say is when I opened up the Ref Mod the build quality was excellent. If there is one thing about the Ref Mod that I would like to see changed it is the button actuation pressure talk about a hair trigger it takes about the same pressure as an Olympic Target Rifle Trigger - all you have to do is think push and it is. :D 

If/when they start selling the Ref. Mod boxes I will probably pickup one up also.

HolmanGT said:

[QUOTE=Tomr1088]received my evolv beta mod today. aside from the color i love it so much more. i could care less when i see the hana back :)

i am hoping my hana comes back with the 510 from the reference mod tho. finally my attys screw down all the way. and no more button spin

Tom,

Did you make some special deal with "John" on the "Swap" to have your Hana repaired and returned?

Swap as in "to exchange one item for another". As far as I know there is no plan to return your Hana repaired. John is investigating problems with the Hana units to determine if the problems are from the Modder or an Evolv problem.

Also why would you want the Hana back anyway. It has undersized battery wiring and the battery connector is also undersized for the current it may need to handle.

I "Swapped" my Hana for an Evolv unit that John was kind enough to send me. And I'll tell you this the only way they are getting the Proto Evolv unit back is to prying it out of my cold dead hands.

Regards,
George[/QUOTE] I repaired my screen and battery connector I upgraded to xt30 bullet connectors(removed the bullets from the xt30 housing and used heatshrink) and I also re soldered a larger stranded silicone 510 wore. The problem I had is strictly the 510 not grounding to the case of the mod making resistance way too high and fluctuate. And yes I know the plan was swapping but I made it clear is rather have it fixed and swap back. That's why they are processing through the help desk for more info tracking. If I don't see it I won't be too upset but I did just notice the evolv reference mod I got has a nicked up 510. Prob from removing a bunch. But also the threads are crooked so the attys usually bottom on one side and have a gap on the other. That's my only gripe. Along with it not being black. But hopefully I get mine back. And if it had a better 510 in happy. And the battery wiring itself isn't under rated just the connector.

[QUOTE=KTMRider]I'm almost jealous. I really wanted a reference mod (still do). My Hana is working great now though. I'll get around to changing the connector one of these days. 

If/when the reference mod goes on sale, I'll order one since I still have an extra DNA200 board with no home. [/QUOTE If you use the bullet connectors inside an xt30 housing they fit perfect in the Hana btw.

Tomr1088 said:

[QUOTE=KTMRider]I'm almost jealous. I really wanted a reference mod (still do). My Hana is working great now though. I'll get around to changing the connector one of these days. 

If/when the reference mod goes on sale, I'll order one since I still have an extra DNA200 board with no home. [/QUOTE If you use the bullet connectors inside an xt30 housing they fit perfect in the Hana btw.

Well Tom after all the work you put into it and making it clear to them you wanted it back I am sure you will get it.

But I was pretty sure if you didn't make that aspect clear you might have a little trouble.

All the best to you and your Hot-rodded Hana.

Regards,
George

My hana refuses to fire anything and seems to qualify for the offer so I'd be super greatful to get it swapped out. Made a ticket yesterday(Ticket number: 1855) at around 4 PM PST and haven't heard back, which with how busy you guys are is totally understandable. I really wouldn't mind waiting a bit more but it's been around a day since my ticket so as per John's instructions I'm posting here so he can go knock some heads :thumb:

EDIT: Sent my Hana out and now waiting on my beta unit. You guys work fast :)

The 8/21 firmware bricked mine as near as I can tell.  After starting the update it lost connection to the chip.  Trying to manually update the firmware fails as the system no longer sees the chip.  Instead is an unknown USB device with the same vendor and device ID:

AOSWKLLNXNSV:

Product ID:0x8405

Vendor ID:0x268b

Version:1.01

Serial Number:AOSWKLLNXNSV

Speed:Up to 12 Mb/sec

Manufacturer:AOSWKLLNXNSV

Location ID:0x14500000 / 26

Current Available (mA):500

Current Required (mA):Unknown (Device has not been configured)

Unit is non-responsive, though I will try a hard reboot, but that will need a soldering iron.  Is a swap still possible or should I just return the board?  This was on escrib 1.0.32 on Windows 10 (running in a virtualbox).  I have updated the firmware twice before.

Not only is the 510 on my Hana F'd beyond repair I can't even get the board to function anymore. In kanthal it says like 86F and barely heats it and TC just will NOT work (shoots up to like 800F) Escribe is off the wall readings on everything and I can't even use the mod anymore. If you still have any reference mods left I'm out of options with this Hana.

I tried it with several virtual box setups, booting each one with the AOSWKLLNXNSV device visible to the OS.  In each case escribe would not recognize it and would not do a manual update.  Today I dusted off an old laptop with XP on it and put on the latest escribe.  It saw the device and put on the latest firmware and the device was then recognized as a DNA200.  The device now lights up when connected to a USB power supply, but the battery voltage is displayed as 0.00, 2.05 and 3.7 volts respectively (though it was at about 75% when the event happened).  So either the pack was damaged during the event or the charging circuitry/monitoring was damaged.  I am at the office today and on the road so I don't have access to a volt meter to verify if it is the pack or the chip.  I have my old telco tool kit somewhere here and will see if there is a multimeter in it.

For now I think there is some issue with the virtualbox method or that this was just a fluke and the chip simply failed at the wrong point.  I would need a sample size greater than one to really get anything meaningful.  I did update the firmware from a Virtualbox again (same version) and it took...so no conclusions!

Hi John,

If you are still taking swaps I'd swap my hana v200 for a reference mod.  I believe I am experiencing screen issues as well.  It goes dark anytime I press the fire button.  I don't really have the technical know how to fix the issue so a swap would be amazing!

I also sent you a pm about this same issue before I found this thread.  You guys are awesome and these swaps are just another example of Evolv's excellent products and service.

Thanks,

Joe

onefastvette said:

I also am interested in the swap if they are still available. My V200 just went into Check Battery/Warranty service and will fire for a second and then shut off.

Ron

Ron,

That is exactly what mine did only mine did it 15 minutes after I started using it.

George,

Ron,

That is exactly what mine did only mine did it 15 minutes after I started using it.

George,

There was some discussion about band gap in one of the other posts. Mine shows around 1.1 and when plotting it in Device Monitor, it moves between 1.0 and 1.1.

I do notice that the ambient temperature seems very high to me. I'm in a 70 degree room at best, and its generally reading in the 100-110 range.

Ron

onefastvette said:

Ron,

George,

There was some discussion about band gap in one of the other posts. Mine shows around 1.1 and when plotting it in Device Monitor, it moves between 1.0 and 1.1.

I do notice that the ambient temperature seems very high to me. I'm in a 70 degree room at best, and its generally reading in the 100-110 range.

Ron

Ron,

I don't know what Band Gap is. I do know that mine got hot to the touch when plugged into the computer.

That made me nervous and I unplugged the battery and left it that way.

John swapped it out for me and all has been good since (knock on wood).

George,