Escribe Software ISSUE

I haven't seen any issues with Windows 10 and my Razer Deathstalker.

There was a Razer driver update on 9/1/2015 to version 6.2.9200.16385
I'm not sure if that's the same driver used for other Razer keyboards, but it might be worthwhile to be sure any drivers are up to date.

If using the generic Microsoft HID Keyboard Device drivers with a Razer keyboard, I suspect that could be related to the issues. I'd suggest installing the Razer drivers but not Razer Synapse, as a couple posts here seem to suggest there are some compatibility issues there.

What I have seen, is issues with Windows 10 and USB 3.0 but not to the extent that I see mentioned here. Using a 2.0 port fixed that for me.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 3 weeks later...

Having a similar lock-up issue with the following specs:

Win 10 64bit

Corsair Vengeance K95 RGB Gaming Keyboard

Logitech G13 Gameboard

Razer Naga Gaming Mouse

Some Specifics:

1. Software worked without issue after install. After closing and attempting to reopen I experienced the lock up. Had to force quit program via Task Manager. Restarted Computer and program worked again. Close program, reopen, locked up again.

2. Read some of the posts in this thread and started unplugging things to see what would happen. Long story short, keyboard seems to be causing a conflict but ONLY AFTER USING ESCRIBE'S DEVICE MONITOR. I can launch, close and relaunch the program all day long without issue but the first time I open the device manager I start having some kind of conflict with the keyboard. This conflict will resolve if I restart my computer OR if I use Task Manager to force close the Device Monitor window as shown in the screenshot below.

taskmanager.png 

(EDIT:  I'm an idiot and kept referring to the Device Monitor as "Device Manager".  Fixed that)

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Chiming in to say I also have this issue. It is a conflict with the mod and the keyboard drivers. I have a corsair k70 RGB keyboard, and what always works is flipping the small switch on the back of the KB all the way to the left. This puts the keyboard into BIOS compatibility mode and does not interfere with the mod in eScribe. Im not sure if razers and the other mentioned keyboards have a Bios setting but if they do I would try that. Hope it helps!