Escribe Software ISSUE

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Tried in compatibility mode and still same problem. As far a specs on the computer I built it and it has a Gigabyte motherboard 890FXA-UD5 64 Gigs RAM AMD Phenom II X6 1090T AMD Radeon HD 7800 3 Solid State Drives & 4 4TB NAS Drives I have no other issues with any other programs I use for general computer work or the programs I use for Photo and Video editing.

Well the NEC usb controller we have came with the hardware on the computers or motherboards we purchased.  His gigabyte board is discontinued and the laptop I have is also a discontinued product.  You might have the best luck purchasing his motherboard model 890FXA-UD5 used online.  They are out of stock on Newegg.com so I am pretty sure they are going to be tough to find any other way.  These boards and controllers were released at the beginning days of usb 3.0.  So the controller is probably not even used now as it was probably found to have compatibility issues.  A lot of the early usb 3.0 controllers did.(they tended not to be backward compatible with all usb 2.0 devices.)

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Gigabyte-Technology-GA-990FXA-UD5-Socket-AM3-Motherboard-AMD/281799362786?_trksid=p2141725.c100338.m3726&_trkparms=aid%3D222007%26algo%3DSIC.MBE%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D20150313114020%26meid%3Da4c70ba14da44cad9ef18f413827a13f%26pid%3D100338%26rk%3D2%26rkt%3D27%26sd%3D111768732666

Keep in mind this is still just a guess on my part -- albeit a marginally educated one.

Hi Feklar, I'm having the same exact trouble as you. I too have a 890FX board, Asus Crosshair IV with the same NEC usb controller. I just did a clean install of Windows 7 pro because I tried Windows 10 and had problems with my ATI drivers as a matter of fact I had problems with my usb port drivers, that's why I did a clean install, they all work now. I'm interested in what the solution is.

So I found something by accident tonight, I had unplugged my keyboard by accident and didn't realize it, I opened up Escribe and it worked with the mouse, all buttons functioning just no keyboard input. When I plugged in the keyboard Escribe froze again. The only way I was able to work in Escribe with the keyboard and mouse was to repeatedly hit the esc button while the mouse pointer was where I wanted it. There has to be some conflict there somewhere I just don't have the knowledge to figure it out but I know someone will. Hope this bit of info helps.

• 1 month later...

Wanted to throw my hat into the ring of people experiencing this issue. If I disconnect my keyboard, escribe works fine, re-connect and its frozen solid. Currently using an Asus M477TD motherboard. Not 100 percent as to what USB controller they use. Any word if this error is on Evolv's radar?

same issue here.

I tried unplugging the keyboard as mentioned above. The program was then functional. Although, now the software doesn't recognize a DNA200 being connected, even after returning conditions back by plugging the keyboard in. Whereas before unplugging the keyboard, and while being in the frozen, unresponsive state, EScribe would still give the prompt when connecting a mod. Strange.

This also means it is not a unique issue with MS keyboards, as I'm using a Razor Lycosa.

I don't have the down time to reinstall windows for this issue, but I will next week. I'll be attempting to use my laptop when I get back to the shop to see if I have different results.

Also note, I'm running Windows 10 on both systems.

• 4 weeks later...

Same issue here.

Escribe only works when I unplug my keyboard. I am using a Razor Lycosa keyboard.

EDIT: Got Escribe to finally work. Decided to wipe my computer and do a clean install of Windows 10 (initially upgraded from Windows 7). It works now!

EDIT 2: My issue seems to be with the Razer Synapse program. After downloading it again and updating all the drivers, Escribe started to freeze up. Uninstalled Razer Synapse and it's working once again.

Unusual_Suspect said:

Same issue for me.  Completely froze but if I unplug my keyboard it works perfectly.  Soon as I plug keyboard back in, same problem.  I'm using a Microsft Sidewinder X4 keyboard.

I am using a Razor keyboard as mentioned and it doesn't work for me.

• 4 weeks later...

ive also had problems running escribe on Windows 7 Ultimate. i just tried the "run in compatibility mode" for Windows XP SP3 but it didnt help. eScribe will open normally and when i try to connect my device i hear the sound of my computer receiving the USB plug then the "Connect DNA200 device" screen comes up and i click connect then it will say its connected but it'll take more than 5 minutes to try and upload the settings from the device to eScribe and before it fully loads a screen will come up with the red X and say "EEPROM READ FAILED". ive read the remedy somewhere in the forums or another place online but ive tried searching the forums and i haven't found anything. i have a computer at work with Windows 10 on it and my device connects perfectly to it and ive had to rely on it to make and changes but not having access to eScribe at home is getting quite annoying. Thanks in advance for any help given. I greatly appreciate it.

I just want to bump this. The problem is not resolved. It worked previously on my PC using windows 7, then windows 8, then windows 8.1. I upgraded to 10 and now it doesn't work. Nothing else was changed.

Asus Rampage 4 Black Edition
E5 1680V2 CPU
64GB RAM

Judging by the diversity of hardware I see having the issue I doubt its a computer hardware problem, I suspect some sort of windows security issue.  I have avast anti-virus, all shield were turned off trying to get escribe to work.

Tried all compatibility modes, tried uninstalling and reinstalling it, tried uninstalling, then switching to another admin user account and installing it, still didn't work.

When I connect any of my DNA200 devices it will connect and read the data off the devices, but Escribe is totally non-responsive.  I can see that it pulled my custom file off the device but can't interact with the software in any way, maximize, minimize, close... nothing works it requires a process kill.

I tried multiple different USB 2 ports, USB 3 ports, and tried ports on different controllers, some on the intel chipset, some on an asmedia chipset, same problem. I tried no USB keyboard, with usb keyboard, no usb mouse, with usb mouse, nothing fixed it.

It is almost certainly a background event in the software hanging open trying to do something, update or something else, that is locking the software from user input.

This is the same with all 7 of my DNA 200 devices, it doesnt matter with device is plugged in, or if any device is plugged in at all, the software is just plain dead.

Any fix for this yet?

Just downloaded escribe last night and I'm getting the same issue.  At first it would just sit and spin forever until I force closed it.  Then I was able to have it recognise my device and it imported the settings into escribe.  However, nothing works in the program when I click it.  Menus, buttons, tabs, fields, nothing does anything when I click it.