Feature update - Multitasking?

Nick said:

I just stood here with our developer and discussed this topic, we will see what we can figure out for the next version. Thanks for the feedback!

That's great news, Nick.
I appreciate you folks taking these issues seriously.
This one issue in particular, sticks out like a sore thumb.
THANKS!!

Yellowhorse said:

[QUOTE=Nick]I just stood here with our developer and discussed this topic, we will see what we can figure out for the next version. Thanks for the feedback!

That's great news, Nick.
THANKS!![/QUOTE]

I agree, it could be a bit "nicer" but again, thats why we do actually read and listen to feedback. The only issue I see is someone changing settings while Device Monitor is open, however in that case we should be able to simply just trigger a relaunch of the Device Monitor window if it is open.

Nick said:

[QUOTE=Yellowhorse][QUOTE=Nick]I just stood here with our developer and discussed this topic, we will see what we can figure out for the next version. Thanks for the feedback!

That's great news, Nick.
THANKS!![/QUOTE]

I agree, it could be a bit "nicer" but again, thats why we do actually read and listen to feedback. The only issue I see is someone changing settings while Device Monitor is open, however in that case we should be able to simply just trigger a relaunch of the Device Monitor window if it is open.[/QUOTE]

:thumb:  :thumb:  :thumb:

I understand a modal window, and when it is used vs not.  I have 30 years in the same field though it is rare to code anymore as I have been the CEO for a decade.  I think that the use of a modal approach to block state changes that would otherwise have to be coded with locks and a call layer is acceptable for a hardware company that is writing software.  Ideally down the road they will outsource escribe to a software firm with an outcome along the lines of your (BobC) expectations.  I too would rather see a mobile version, but as this is very new ground I am happy with the pace.  I don't use or own windows gear so it is a challenge to make it work in my environment, but I don't object.

Nick said:

I just stood here with our developer and discussed this topic, we will see what we can figure out for the next version. Thanks for the feedback!

So figuring this out for the next version, I assume, means not in the update that will be coming soon but the next one? Only asking to avoid confusion/ mis-understanding later.   THX Nick

blueridgedog said:

I understand a modal window, and when it is used vs not.  I have 30 years in the same field though it is rare to code anymore as I have been the CEO for a decade.  I think that the use of a modal approach to block state changes that would otherwise have to be coded with locks and a call layer is acceptable for a hardware company that is writing software.  Ideally down the road they will outsource escribe to a software firm with an outcome along the lines of your (BobC) expectations.  I too would rather see a mobile version, but as this is very new ground I am happy with the pace.  I don't use or own windows gear so it is a challenge to make it work in my environment, but I don't object.

Just to bring you up to speed:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Modal_window

retird said:

[QUOTE=Nick]I just stood here with our developer and discussed this topic, we will see what we can figure out for the next version. Thanks for the feedback!

So figuring this out for the next version, I assume, means not in the update that will be coming soon but the next one? Only asking to avoid confusion/ mis-understanding later.   THX Nick[/QUOTE]

I'm using update/version interchangeably. It could be out in the next one, or three versions from now. I have no way of knowing until our developer sits down and sees how much work it will be. 

I am hoping to try and get us on a "SCRUM" type development gameplan here shortly.

Nick said:

[QUOTE=retird][QUOTE=Nick]I just stood here with our developer and discussed this topic, we will see what we can figure out for the next version. Thanks for the feedback!

So figuring this out for the next version, I assume, means not in the update that will be coming soon but the next one? Only asking to avoid confusion/ mis-understanding later.   THX Nick[/QUOTE]

I'm using update/version interchangeably. It could be out in the next one, or three versions from now. I have no way of knowing until our developer sits down and sees how much work it will be. 

I am hoping to try and get us on a "SCRUM" type development gameplan here shortly.[/QUOTE]

THX...,. sounds like a plan....

• 1 month later...
Nick said:

That's great news, Nick.
THANKS!!

I agree, it could be a bit "nicer" but again, thats why we do actually read and listen to feedback. The only issue I see is someone changing settings while Device Monitor is open, however in that case we should be able to simply just trigger a relaunch of the Device Monitor window if it is open.[/QUOTE]

Just touching base to see if you folks are making any headway regarding this 'multitasking' issue. No pressure - I'm just curious.

Yellowhorse said:

... A 'bug' is a defect that is already in the program.

Only if it's not been documented. Old programmer's joke. 30+ years here also. Started with languages like Fortran, C, Informix 1.0. The good old times. I can still remember buying an HP 404Mb (Megabyte) dishwasher size HD for $28K.

Good conversation.