Evolv reference case

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

I got my blue silo-1300 case about a week ago. It's very nice overall. Only the included black aluminum buttons work without modification. I really like the modcrate 510 - seems just as robust as the evolv unit but the circlip is bigger making it easier to work-with.
Differences from the silo-950:
board mounting studs a little shorter
510 connector hole not as deep
recessed groove where halves meet is much narrower

• 4 weeks later...

I'm not sure if this is the right place to ask about this, but it seemed like a good place to start. I'm having trouble with my Evolv 510's. They're jamming up. I'm assuming this is due to juice getting inside etc. I've been soaking some rubbing alcohol in them, and after some effort I can get them freed back up. Maybe the residue build up from the electrical contact is binding up the spring. Anyone else having this happen?

vince159 said:

I'm not sure if this is the right place to ask about this, but it seemed like a good place to start. I'm having trouble with my Evolv 510's. They're jamming up. I'm assuming this is due to juice getting inside etc. I've been soaking some rubbing alcohol in them, and after some effort I can get them freed back up. Maybe the residue build up from the electrical contact is binding up the spring. Anyone else having this happen?

Some of the early ones had a slight bump on the inner part that may catch, I knocked this flat gently with a pin hammer and it works perfectly now.
20151014_102427_-_Copy_-_Copy.jpg