Wismec RX200 to DNA 200 Conversion

NoveskeN4

@ conanthewarrior

i snagged one on ebay friday night for 100 fully boxed as new (posted sat and arrived this morning)....has one of those orange starwars droid wraps on it and when i took it off it was indeed as new ......there are a cpl on there but all bin none with auctions or best offers but worth looking as it was the only place i could get one 

i asked first to make sure it was the dna and not the rx and the guy knew what he was talking about as he mentioned the settings in escribe and how important it was to do the batt analyser etc ....but i know that anyway from my lavaboxes which i bought 2 off as one didn't last all day (will prob sell them now)

got to say I'm loving this tho after just one day

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tpat591 said:

When you guys are swapping DNA200 into the RX200 what are you doing for Reverse Battery Protection as the RX200 sled did not incorporate the Jaybo RBP raised battery rings on the positive terminals?

Bumping this thread to ask this again. I'm just waiting on some wire before I perform the swap, but I want to include reverse polarity protection - how do I go about this? Should I use PNP MOSFETs, and if so where? Presumably one at the positive end of the series connection running to the board, but what about the balance connections? Or would it be simpler to modify the battery sled to have the rings?

Danneh said:

[QUOTE=Tpat591]When you guys are swapping DNA200 into the RX200 what are you doing for Reverse Battery Protection as the RX200 sled did not incorporate the Jaybo RBP raised battery rings on the positive terminals?

Bumping this thread to ask this again. I'm just waiting on some wire before I perform the swap, but I want to include reverse polarity protection - how do I go about this? Should I use PNP MOSFETs, and if so where? Presumably one at the positive end of the series connection running to the board, but what about the balance connections? Or would it be simpler to modify the battery sled to have the rings?[/QUOTE]read through this thread, it may help you.

https://forum.evolvapor.com/topic/67525-topic/?do=findComment&comment=907767

ChunkyButt200 said:

read through this thread, it may help you.

https://forum.evolvapor.com/topic/67525-topic/?do=findComment&comment=907767

Ah, excellent, thank you! I'll make the modifications at a later date, but I did the swap anyway, not too much trouble! A bit fiddly, and my battery sled doesn't sit *quite* flush any more due to having to add two more wires, and using higher gauges (plus the wires were rather long because I didn't trust my soldering), but I'm just happy it works!

For any other novices looking at doing the swap, some things to note:

1) the RX200 fire button doesn't reach. I cut a circle/octagon of thin plastic, ~0.5mm, and superglued it in the recess.

2) the up/down buttons are too long. I used jeweller's files and filed mine down until the "lip" around them is about 1-1.5mm thick (just eyeballing here, don't trust my 'measurements').

3) Be aware of how much space you have - there is a brass lever that screws from the negative of the whole battery sled into the ground of the board, make sure you leave a gap for it to fit when/if soldering in the negative from the 510. There also really isn't a lot of space between the battery sled and main compartment, if you use long/thick wires you may struggle for room, I could probably have done with filing down some of the middle plate.

Edit: one thing I forgot to mention, my reuleaux doesn't get anywhere near as hot now. I assumed the temperature was simply due to the heat spreading from the atty from 100W chaining, but even despite my shoddy soldering skills, it now barely surpasses body temperature. I can only conclude it was the RX200 board.

• 1 month later...
Does anyone have a picture or a diagram of the stock battery sled? What I mean is how the stock wiring is ran.. I seen in the thread he posted just one side was posted. I need the opposite side. I need a picture/diagram of the side with the "negative" up front(The spring loaded pin).

20160316_011910.jpg

20160316_011814.jpg

justinizme said:

Does anyone have a picture or a diagram of the stock battery sled? What I mean is how the stock wiring is ran.. I seen in the thread he posted just one side was posted. I need the opposite side. I need a picture/diagram of the side with the "negative" up front(The spring loaded pin).

This what you're looking for?

[zKX2tj5]  [41kKfxu]  [wUdGMMf]

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...