General DNA 75 Thread

Nick

• 2 weeks later...
jrfhoutx said:

How difficult was rewiring the 3S? I've been thinking about doing that for one of my batteries, just had no idea how hard it would be...

not hard, as long you're VERY careful when separating the pack into individual cells, being careful not to hard short any of the cells. the positive and negative battery tabs will most likely be aluminum and if you're soldering you need a flux that can be used with soldering to aluminum. 

the 3s hcigar lipo pack i rewired for parallel came out to 11.14 watt hours when i ran battery analyzer. 

Spirometry said:

1 Amp on the battery side.

4.2v x 1a = 4.2w (battery side)

4.2w / 5.0v = 0.84 A (usb side)

never bothered to figure the math. figured it was the cheap usb meter i bought off ebay. thanks spiro! help me out here....... so when i figure for my VS dna 200 that has a 2 amp charge rate..... so 12.6v x 2a = 25.2w, 25.2w /5.0v = 5.04 amps usb? usb meter is only reading between 2.00 - 2.14 amps when the shark is charging. am i doing the math wrong?

Spirometry said:

Now you having me scratching my head. My Vaporshark is drawing 2 amps on the usb side.

Maybe I was wrong on the first statement. I haven't had a chance to build my dna75 yet, to test it.

i'm going to open up my homemade vt75 and test the current going to the battery with my klein mutli meter and get this figured out. will post back.

edit......the multi meter inline with the battery-to-board circuit confuses the board/charger. i could not get the usb current above .17 amps. at .17 amps i was at about 0.163 amps on the battery side/MM side (if the numbers are even accurate). oh well, i'm not complaining. this 3000 mah charges decently fast with the on board charger.

although, i do have some tiny 1 amp micro usb lithium battery charging board. there's room inside for them. maybe i'll put them inside somewhere.

you can stack these charging boards (parallel the outputs) to double the charge rate from 1 to 2 amps.
IMG_20160520_223457-1.jpg 

That all correct the Shark DNA 200 does charge at 2 A from the USB, the 75 doesn't need an amp from the USB to provide an amp to the battery.  I can see it is confusing in that the specified charge current applies to the UDB for DNA 200s and to the battery side on DNA 75, I assume it is so as I clock mine at around 0.8 A on a metre which is consistent with 1 A charging on the battery side.