Puff counter resets automatically?

JaI Haze

I am wondering if anyone else is having this issue. I have the boxer 133 with the latest firmware and even tried the beta firmware. But when I take out a battery (18650) and put a new one in it lowers the puff count.  This is something I love about the DNA200.  I am confused why the Releaux, Hana and VT didnt do this but the one where the batteries come out are.  Is there like a resetting option since it looses all definitive power when a battery comes out it resets to the last time it REMEMBERs it?

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have two Reuleaux DNA200 and I just pulled #2 out of both and waited for a few minutes (not seconds). Put them back in and everything is fine like you said. Do you have the puff counter displayed on the screen? Maybe it is some sort of bug with using only two cells?

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Why is it when a DNA75 or 200 uses external batteries when you take them out the puff count loses a good amount on the screen. I dont know why its doing it aside from not having an internal memory to remember where it was at. I cannot seem to get this to work properly and show all the times with accurate numbers.  I checked this about 5 times with 4 different mods and different firmwares

I have two Reuleaux DNA200 and four HCigar VT133 and they all use 18650 cells (the fourth one is still in the mail). I am also keeping a log of battery levels and puff counter whenever I refill them and/or swap cells. Since I don't want to connect up to EScribe to read the puffs, I have the puff counter displayed on the main screen. And if the puff counter drops puffs by changing the batteries, I would see it. None of mine are doing it.

I can't recall a time of swapping cells with the USB connector connected, nor being connected to EScribe obviously. And 99% of the time I am using Ni200 and like 95% of that time, I will lock the ohms before removing the atty or swapping cells. As I noticed the DNA200 will likely forget what the cold ohms was if I don't. So are you doing anything differently than I am?

Interesting! My puff counter is the middle value where your coil voltage is (is that your video?). And where your puff counter shows up, I have cell 1 voltage displayed. That is the only difference I see. Oh wait... I have a Welcome screen (2 seconds) and a secondary welcome screen (2 seconds) on mine.

yeah i have tried this on every 2 battery and single vt75.  vt133 does it every now and then, the boxer EVERYtime.  I have 2 welcome screens as well.  The hit count i tried moving it aroud and even tried removing it from the screen and its the same result everytime.  No idea why its doing that.  I have 2 boxers and they both do it everytime

I tried it in both wattage and temp mode. I even tried doing a factory default which wiped everything. I find it strange its when I flip the batteries around slot 2 to slot 1 or a new battery swap out it lowers the count.  Heres the funny thing, when it lowers the count ONE TIME it wont do it again for that swap out.  Like if I put fresh batteries in it will lower, I take them out and put another new set in it wont do it.  Now if I hit it ONE time with new batteries and replace the brand new ones I just put in it lowers the count again.  I have no idea why it does what it does

you know what it RESETS to, when the screen goes in standby mode and what the hits where when you replaced the batteries before it.  I know thats a pain to try and figure out.  Here is an example.  If I have 482 hits and batteries are just replaced its fine.  Now I do 200 hits, it will cut the number down to when it was in standby mode (where it shows welcome screen).  Or maybe not, im trying to figure out WHY ITS doing it