Fuse Blown.... Any Alternate

ziaibrahimadv@yahoo.com said:

[QUOTE=VapingBad]Personally I would put a lower fuse on like 20 A because these will take longer to blow than the SMD ones, if you can find "fast blow" they would be best.  But you have to understand that this is a your own risk, you could send the board to Evolv and get them to check it and replace the fuse.

Please tell me if you are confident with the installation of automotive fuse, or not?
because i have satisfied with your reply to this post.

I prefers to install an automotive fuse because it (fuse blow) has been happen to my second device. I live in Pakistan and it takes more than 2 months for shipping and return from Evolv, due to the reason i am searching an alternate for changing the fuse.

I have tried to buy the original fuse from:
 http://www.mouser.com/Search/ProductDetail.aspx?R=3413.0332.22virtualkey69300000virtualkey693-3413.0332.22

ebay and other vendors but they do not ship to Pakistan, therefore, i am searching for a good and authentic alternate.

if there is someone who already have tried it and satisfied with its working, his opinion / experience would be very helpful for me as well as for others.[/QUOTE]
It will work to fix the fuse, but if there is another problem that caused the original fuse to blow it will not fix that. Best to go be John and Jame's posts in this thread https://forum.evolvapor.com/topic/67186-topic/

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

VapingBad said:

[QUOTE=ziaibrahimadv@yahoo.com][QUOTE=VapingBad]Personally I would put a lower fuse on like 20 A because these will take longer to blow than the SMD ones, if you can find "fast blow" they would be best.  But you have to understand that this is a your own risk, you could send the board to Evolv and get them to check it and replace the fuse.

Please tell me if you are confident with the installation of automotive fuse, or not?
because i have satisfied with your reply to this post.

I prefers to install an automotive fuse because it (fuse blow) has been happen to my second device. I live in Pakistan and it takes more than 2 months for shipping and return from Evolv, due to the reason i am searching an alternate for changing the fuse.

I have tried to buy the original fuse from:
 http://www.mouser.com/Search/ProductDetail.aspx?R=3413.0332.22virtualkey69300000virtualkey693-3413.0332.22

ebay and other vendors but they do not ship to Pakistan, therefore, i am searching for a good and authentic alternate.

if there is someone who already have tried it and satisfied with its working, his opinion / experience would be very helpful for me as well as for others.[/QUOTE]
It will work to fix the fuse, but if there is another problem that caused the original fuse to blow it will not fix that. Best to go be John and Jame's posts in this thread https://forum.evolvapor.com/topic/67186-topic/[/QUOTE]

John Posted in the above-said thread referred by you as under:

If you are feeling feisty, you could short across the fuse on the board with a large wire and install a mini 25 amp automotive fuse in line with the battery if you have space in your device."

What i understand, the Jhon's suggestion is absolutely according to the "wiring diagram" referred by you.
diagram.png 

Am i right?

I have short the fuse points and install an 25amp automotive fuse according to the diagram. Oled become on but when i attached the tank/atomizer and press the power button an error is displaying i.e, "Check Battery".

When i plugged the charger, it does not charge the battery.

(1) wiring (2) board turned on with the battery

dna1.jpg 

(1) Escribe Battery Status (2) Board plugged with charger but not charging the battery.

dna2.jpg 

now i cant understand what is the problem? Please Guide.

[QUOTE=VapingBad]Yes what John described is the same as the picture I did for you.

Thanks a lot...... Now i am going to install the fuse with a hope that the board will work as work with the SMT fuse.

Thanks again[/QUOTE]

I have short the fuse points and install an 25amp automotive fuse according to the diagram. Oled become on but when i attached the tank/atomizer and press the power button an error is displaying i.e, "Check Battery".

When i plugged the charger, it does not charge the battery.

(1) wiring (2) board turned on with the battery

dna1.jpg  

(1) Escribe Battery Status (2) Board plugged with charger but not charging the battery.

dna2.jpg  

now i cant understand what is the problem? Please Guide.

dwcraig1 said:

Someone can guide you on this better than myself but it appears that your battery is to low for the charger to work normally.
Use " battery recovery" in the search box of this forum to learn more till more folks come online.

Maybe the battery is too much low.... is there any other way to charge the battery..... i have a Nitecore single 8650 charger can i charge my lipo pack with it?
It is also said that if the battery is too much low it could be dangerous.

VapingBad said:

A hobby charger or USB recovery charge in EScribe, I am 99% sure the Nitecore will not charge low cells, Most XTar chargers will, but even then you would need to make up a lead and charge one cell at a time.
In device monitor
usb_rec_chg.png

I got performed Escribe USB Recovery Charging....it worked and now the voltages of 3 lipo battery cells are above 3 volts, as well as, the voltages are in-line with each other.

Because of your expert advice, i have succeeded to make my mod in working position, without sending the same to Evolv for warranty.

Thank You Very Much

One thing i want to confirm that whether (with this 25 Amp automotive fuse) my mod will work as worked with the on-board fuse. Is it safe?   

The fuse is mainly to protect the battery from a short in the mod and the auto fuse will be fine for that, it will be a little slower to blow than the SMD one so not 100% as good, all I can say is go by what John and James said in the other thread, they both work for Evolv John designed the board and I James does the software.

[QUOTE=VapingBad]A hobby charger or USB recovery charge in EScribe, I am 99% sure the Nitecore will not charge low cells, Most XTar chargers will, but even then you would need to make up a lead and charge one cell at a time.
In device monitor
usb_rec_chg.png

I got performed Escribe USB Recovery Charging....it worked and now the voltages of 3 lipo battery cells are above 3 volts, as well as, the voltages are in-line with each other.

Because of your expert advice, i have succeeded to make my mod in working position, without sending the same to Evolv for warranty.

Thank You Very Much

One thing i want to confirm that whether (with this 25 Amp automotive fuse) my mod will work as worked with the on-board fuse. Is it safe?   [/QUOTE]

Thanks

[QUOTE=black lace]Awsome sorted,,,, onviously im sure you know,, just tape up (insulate) your joints round the fuse base, or you will short out against somthing,, and undo everything youve done. ..

I have done the same......and Vaping :) .........Thank You Verry Much for cooperation. [/QUOTE]
You are welcome, just glad you got you mod working again.

• 4 months later...
VapingBad said:

I have done the same......and Vaping :) .........Thank You Verry Much for cooperation. 

You are welcome, just glad you got you mod working again.[/QUOTE]

Hello how r u?

i have installed the automotive fuse it was working good but suddenly my mod stopped working. i have checked the automotive fuse (which is not blown), OLED, battery (working good with other mod) and the board but i remained unable to understand the problem. Can i send my board for warranty? 

• 1 month later...

What is the warranty on these DNA boards anyways? Or do they not have one at all? For what its worth, I loved these DNA's until I just popped the fuse tonight. It was all my fault though for accidently installing the batteries backwards. Then it got me thinking for how expensive these DNA devices are and how advanced they're suppose to be compared to others on the market, it's actually quite a huge step backward from a technological point of view. I mean I can't think of that many regulated mods, or even much electronic devices that don't have some kind of reverse polarity protection. And self repairing or sending it back to evolve for repair is a pain in the ass. Anyone have any ideas on a really great mod on the market? I love everything this chip is capable of, but not having reverse polarity while most other regulated mods do, for me puts the DNA chips at a level as not being any better. I hope that another company will release something promising, then I wouldn't feel so bad letting go of my other 4 without having regrets. Any ideas?

Being in the US certainly makes it easier to send it to Evolv than from other places. I believe it has a 1 year warranty. 
A DNA75 has the reverse polarity built in to the board ...if 75 watts will do you.
http://helpdesk.evolvapor.com/index.php?a=add