EScribe Software

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

IMO web based client will still have to get past platform (win/mac/unix) security to talk to the USB port, which would need different treatment on each platform, users would get warning dialogues or no USB comms at all, nothing much to gain, poorer performance and the variables of different browsers would make it harder.

A couple of very small suggestions for the Mod tab:

When running the "Watt-Hour Calculator" add a button to the dialogue to "Use this value" or use "Update" & "Cancel" buttons that puts the calculated value in the "Capacity" text box.

Have a button next to the "Mod Resistance" to "Measure" to get the current value or R so we can put a dead short on the 510 (EG M7 bolt) and get a accurate reading.

Vapingbad, we're adding a full battery analyzer in the next version. It calculates the capacity and builds the full discharge curve for a battery automatically. 

Not a bad idea for measuring mod resistance. That might be easier than doing the same in atomizer analyzer, writing it down and typing it. 

Cheers John, you guy's are doing a cracking job, not just with the product but also the communication in this forum.  I didn't thank you for the 4.1 V charging feature you put in the beta that next day and went live a couple of days after that, very fast work for a forum suggestion from a unknown bod like me.  So thank you, I have wishes my Xtars had this for years.

Vaper said:

To Brandon and John: I know you said you have no plans for a Mac version of the EScribe software. Here's something to think about. I'm a professional Linux kernel developer with 9 years of experience. I've also done work on KDE and various other Linux applications and I've also worked for Intel and IBM. Give me a NDA to sign and I will port it to Mac and maintain it.

Yes Please!! Mac Native Version. :))

VapingBad said:

Cheers John, you guy's are doing a cracking job, not just with the product but also the communication in this forum.  I didn't thank you for the 4.1 V charging feature you put in the beta that next day and went live a couple of days after that, very fast work for a forum suggestion from a unknown bod like me.  So thank you, I have wishes my Xtars had this for years.

Killer Software, damn impressive gentleman.

Does the Escribe program allow a user to save the full data for an individual profile  to a file on the computer?  I ask because I had entered the Steam Engine csv data for Grade 1 titanium as profile 2 and then in playing with the software did a "restore defaults" command at a later time.

Apparently "restore defaults" put  the sample RST data back in the profile 2.  It took a while for me to realize that the data was incorrect after my "restore defaults" command because I hadn't expected custom data to be changed since I didn't think custom data would be considered default data.  The vape had become wonky and I didn't think about the changed RST data.

If I am correct that the software does change all profiles to default values it would be good to have our own saved custom profiles in a file on the computer....or maybe custom profile data shouldn't be changed by a restore defaults command?

It's been so long since I booted into Vista it went belly up when trying to update the system, 40% restart, 40% restart. I'd be up to speed here if I did my updates more often I guess. Some driver got lost "CIN" error, machines been resurrected too many times already! Scrubbed it and full booted Linux for a dual boot Windows 10 Linux later.  I just bought a HP stream 7 tablet as a dedicated Windows device for flashing circuit boards and dealing with Garmin products for the time being.

Edit: Still falling further behind. My only near suitable USB adapter turned out to be a mini, not a micro as needed. Living in Podunk again I'm waiting for shipping. 

There's a sale on HP Stream 8 tablets for $150 with 200mb/mo of T-Mobile 4G for the life of the tablet (no contract). 

http://www.microsoftstore.com/store/msusa/en_US/pdp/productID.308781600?WT.mc_id=us_datafeed_cse_pricegrabber&CA_6C15C=120177510000004909

Sometimes temperature data is not showing up in device monitor during a puff.  A hard boot sometimes restores the ability for temperature to be displayed, but sometimes not.
Is this normal behavior?  Is there a way to assure that device monitor does actively display temperature?

Podunk Steam said:

Much appreciated KTMRider! The 7 was about half that, it's just a patch for now. 

May not be your flavor but one of my rides is a 2001 KTM 640 LC4 Enduro, with plenty of aftermarket. It's a pig on single track but a serious kick in the pants most everywhere else. :thumb:

I figured it'd be a great deal for anyone looking for a tablet. The deal with free 4g for life of the tablet is pretty good. 

I ride a 450exc now but I've owned quite a few KTM's including a 950 Adv. Talk about a pig in single track xD