Mac Suppport

It would be less expensive to use Parallels. I am running Parallels 10 on El Capitan with no problems although I cannot get VB to connect to the device. This leads me to believe El Capitan may not be the offender.

In either case, I think having to buy additional software or hardware is a poor implementation. I have no experience with other devices but have heard that others have better, easier to navigate menus and all options can be configured directly on the device. This cannot be done on the DNA 200 without the use of Escribe.

Can anyone briefly layout the benefits the DNA 200 has over other such devices?

blueridgedog said:

Some mac users are getting inexpensive windows tablets as a solution.  Personally I am just avoiding El Capitain for a bit.  I put it on one test system and like it, but am in no hurry.

This is what I am thinking about doing, but I am afraid of getting an old version of windows that may not work wits escribe. Do you know what the oldest version of Windows that escribe WILL work with? Such as, will Windows XP be compatible?

skineedog said:

It would be less expensive to use Parallels. I am running Parallels 10 on El Capitan with no problems although I cannot get VB to connect to the device. This leads me to believe El Capitan may not be the offender.

In either case, I think having to buy additional software or hardware is a poor implementation. I have no experience with other devices but have heard that others have better, easier to navigate menus and all options can be configured directly on the device. This cannot be done on the DNA 200 without the use of Escribe.

Can anyone briefly layout the benefits the DNA 200 has over other such devices?

Parallels is $79.  A windows tablet is the same.  I am trying to get a free solution working, but I think VB will have an update soon.

I would have to agree.  I sit and wait patiently; with bated breath, for an OS X version of eScribe.

Vaping Gert said:

There is a world outside Windows, so please Evolv give us Mac users the chance to use your software. I have a Mac because I don't want to use Windows anymore.

My first post so go gentle with me :)

I have had escribe running in wine but it wont pick up the DNA via USB ( Macbook Pro does pick it up ) so im guessing it's wine needs configuring to the USBs. 

I could bootcamp again but in all honestly I dont want to loose 50GB of space just to have a windows platform continually update, I did have Win 10 X64 on bootcamp partition but removed due to the idle space it consumed and to redo just for escribe wouldnt make much sense at all. 

So after all that can any one help with configuring ports in Wine ? 

Delgado said:

You have to be a very big evolv fan to buy windows 10 license for your mac just to regulate your ecig. It's not going to happen for me, i really hope to see escribe for mac soon.. :hug:

You can get Windows 10 free with serial keys from Microsoft, both X32 and X64

So it's not a case of purchasing that's the issue.

When i last bootcamped for other reasons (WOW / WOT) i was dissapointed at the amount of space Win 10 needed for a basic operating system hence why i removed the partition.

I have an old Thinkpad lying around I could use for escribe it would just be nice to get it running on a Mac.

vaporholic said:

hi got windows 10 working on my mac for free using virtual box, escribe software fine, but wont find my device using el capitan any fixes for this?

I had the same probrem with Wine - Win 10 (DNA not found in USB) The Mac did find it but Wine didnt.

Have just bootcamped again so i will try running Win 10 X64 (EL Capitan)

I dont see the need for an OS-X version to be honest, yes it would be nice but it does work in Parellels running Win 10 and also bootcamp running Win 10.

Agreed you might loose 25-30GB of HDD doing it this way but it does work.

P.S Did I mention you dont need Keys for Win 10 - JUst download the X64 ISO from Microsoft and skip the part where it asks for Key, it will prompt again when finilising installation but skip it, you will end up with Win 10 not activated but from what i can see fully functional for zero cost.

When I initially set up VB, everything was working flawlessly.  Within the last week my host will not recognize my device as Evolv DNA 200 USB, it will connect and charge however.  I'm not a smart man, I have restarted and reset my PRAM/SMC and I just can't get it to work anymore.  Any tips or ideas? Edit: Like I said I'm not a smart man. Tried to use a charge cord for data, this doesn't work.

grissomma said:

When I initially set up VB, everything was working flawlessly.  Within the last week my host will not recognize my device as Evolv DNA 200 USB, it will connect and charge however.  I'm not a smart man, I have restarted and reset my PRAM/SMC and I just can't get it to work anymore.  Any tips or ideas? Edit: Like I said I'm not a smart man. Tried to use a charge cord for data, this doesn't work.

if you plug your DNA into the Mac does OS-X recognise it as a DNA ? 
I had similar issues when running escribe in Wine, ended up going down the bootcamp route.