Mac Suppport

8 hours ago, Wayneo said:

In my old, tired mind it was never posted here, and not for Mac. It was Windows only, in a very non standard way published by LostVape to upgrade the Orion Go to the Plus version.  

The last version that was posted just a few replies above, from Evolv's own downloads, was clearly the Mac version as plenty of us grabbed it and are/were using it.. Wonder why Evolv took it down?

@MonotremataYou are correct there was a SP20! That version was never posted publicly as a Beta or with any notes. It just magically appeared as a direct download link. BUT I COULD BE WRONG AGAIN. Do you remember ANY notes/comments about it, or what did it fix for you? 

Edit: Why don't you PM a copy of it to him

Edited by Wayneo

I would if I still had the installer.. but I'm afraid I don't! It was November 2018.... but if anyone else can help... please do so.

I'm also puzzled as to why SP20 was pulled, it's worked perfectly for me on both High Sierra and Mojave... I won't go to Catalina yet... it's a shambles!

35 minutes ago, Wayneo said:

@MonotremataYou are correct there was a SP20! That version was never posted publicly as a Beta or with any notes. It just magically appeared as a direct download link. BUT I COULD BE WRONG AGAIN. Do you remember ANY notes/comments about it, or what did it fix for you? 

Edit: Why don't you PM a copy of it to him

I honestly don't have any clue about it, I dont think anyone knew it existed until it was posted here. I started having issues way back with SP17 on my Mac with the app crashing when I tried to access do anything. I couldn't even backup the firmware before it crashed, and sending themes to it actually soft-bricked it once when it shut down in the middle of the transfer. I had resorted to using a virtual Windows  machine on my Mac SP20 was posted way back. It basically let me use my DNA75 as it was again. Its too big to post here otherwise I would've earlier. I can post it somewhere as long as Evolv isn't gonna call the cops on me or anything hah. Im guessing they removed it for a reason but if its cool Ill put it up, I still have the installer.

• 2 months later...

On latest version of macOS there is a bug with ecigstats. If open it and then minimize it to the menu bar, then if later on I want to reopen it by clicking on its icon and then on "open ecigstats" nothing happens and I'm forced to close it and then reopen it from escribe suite. Not a huge problem but it is handy to leave it in background and when I connect the box for charging automatically synchronize my puffs. Not having this problem when I was using previous major version of macOS.

• 7 months later...

Thanks @James!
Well fellas, here's my 2 cents.
For now you can get the firmware and escribe here
https://www.evolvapor.com/escribe

There are no mod firmware updates for the 2xx series boards at this time.
Here's the current firmware listing included (there might be one or 2 missing in your folder but they're old)

image.thumb.png.24cf00643e44bf6bb7b9c42a87f83b9f.png

Edit: Quick look around on my 10.14.6 box. I'll check 10.15.X later

It's just that I use /bin/sh scripting (Terminal) to launch things. (Older versions of MacOS didn't say this.)

I just need to code up a special launcher that isn't a script, to get rid of that popup. Will do it when I get time.

You can click Deny. It won't cause any problem at all, since it doesn't actually try to read keystrokes.

• Like 1

• 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...

No Bill, no licensing fees. Other than paying to be a Developer which was super cheap. There is a lot of shareware or freeware out there. But for even more details, this explains things better by reading the highlighted 'Important' box.

https://developer.apple.com/documentation/security/notarizing_macos_software_before_distribution

But waiting months is funny not funny. 🙃

• Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, BillW50 said:

I guess they are still taking 30% of a developer's profits for an Apple App.

Escribe is an Apple App. It's free. If a developer wants to use the app store to market their wares, some are totally free, some have a cost ..... advertising or money. They only get their 'cut' from the ones on the App store. 😉

Just saying, but I've never had an update ever pushed without my knowledge 🤣