2s 18650 discussion

John

Hello, I just ran into a weird problem.

I've got a Whiteout DNA200 and just tried to reconfigure it for 2s.

Now, as I understand it, the board should read battery 1 and 2  as whatever voltage they carry, and battery 3 as 0V. In my case, it reads battery 1 and 3 as carrying voltage, and battery 2 as 0V.
Is it possible to switch battery 2 and 3? I don't think my wiring is off.
(I bridged pins 2 and 3 and connected both cables to the bridge on the battery sled)

If I connect the 3s LiPo, it all works.

BTW, when I set it to 2-cell in Escribe, the device shows pack voltage as 3.7V
set to 3-cell, it shows 7.4V.

Thanks for your help.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello please help ... i am running a DNA250 on a 2cell boxer mod ,,, when my batteries go down to 50% my wattage decreases when i fire my atty.. example: i set my watt to 75 and my batteries at 45% and when firing my display shows 50 watts, and this only happens when my batteries go below 50%
i m using 2 LG HG2 .. 22.2 WH and csc 3 and 2 cell option checked from the drop down.

By using Device Monitor in EScribe you will be able to see the standing voltage and voltage under load of the cells when firing.
It be good if you could post what they are.
There could very well be a problem with the connection between the batteries and battery contacts or perhaps with the cells themselves.

• 5 months later...

Sorry to drag this thread out of the grave, but I just can not figure out what the hell I'm doing wrong. I've checked my wiring multiple times and it's accurate. I changed the Escribe settings to 2 18650s as well. However the board turns off every few seconds and the battery level says 0%. If I connect an atomizer and press the fire button I get the short error. I've checked my wiring with a multimeter and none of my wires are shorted. 

Anyone have any idea what's going on? Defective chip?

Here's an album of my wiring from a few different angles - 

At first I had the pin 1 jumper connected at one of the lower battery terminals, but in an effort to get things working I actually melted a hole in the lower battery sled jumper and soldered it directly to the wire. I also added redundant + and - jumpers on the board after things weren't working with jumper wires from the sled. 

hum, it wiring looks correct as best I can tell.... is there any components around the +/- that may have been effected by the soldering/heat..?

You might just start a ticket with Evolv Help Desk (link in my sig line below) and they may guide you to let them look at the board to see if it is defective or may help you further.  

Not really. I'm a pretty good solderer and use a Hakko FX-888D with a fine 30° bent-tip (T18-BR02) so damaging nearby components has never been an issue. 

I have a very strong suspicion that Cloudmaker was purposefully buying defective or factory second chips because a massive amount of Whiteout buyers had problems with theirs.