Screen not working correctly. Mod still working fine?

plcockrell

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 2 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...
plcockrell said:

I just received my Hana Modz DNA 200 today. I had been using it for about 3 hours when the screen went blank on me. The mod is still working normally but the screen is just blank. If I plug the device into my computer and then bring up the device monitor I can see it working. This happening completely randomly. I was using the mod, went to re-drip, and the screen just stopped working normally.

When I try to restore the default settings, the screen will come on with the Upload Settings text so I know the screen is working. It will also come on with the Evolve DNA 200 logo when you reboot the device and when I tried to flash the firmware again. The only other time I can see the screen is when the device is locked it will flash the device locked screen quickly if I hit the power button.

I have also tried putting the device into stealth mode and then turning it off. No luck.

I have not been able to find anything else on this issue and I hope it is just firmware glitch. I am loving this chip to much to have to send it back already!

Below is the device monitor screen shot.

Capture2.png

Edit: Also if I press capture screen it comes up blank as well. Which is making me think this could be a firmware issue?

I have the same problem. :P

• 1 month later...

Well It seems I have the same issue, been using my triade DNA200 for about 3 or 4 months now, never gone to escripe and never used anything but power mode, and always my range was maximum 55W, only yesterday noticed the screen brightness dimmed a bit, and today morning it kept on dimming and dimming till its black now nothing can be seen, yet the mod fires and can be on and off , but nothing to be seen on the screen, is there anyway for a help in how to fix this issue? I saw someone said he replaced the screen, is this the only way to sort this issue out?
and does evolv have a warranty on the screens?

Softarno said:

Well It seems I have the same issue, been using my triade DNA200 for about 3 or 4 months now, never gone to escripe and never used anything but power mode, and always my range was maximum 55W, only yesterday noticed the screen brightness dimmed a bit, and today morning it kept on dimming and dimming till its black now nothing can be seen, yet the mod fires and can be on and off , but nothing to be seen on the screen, is there anyway for a help in how to fix this issue? I saw someone said he replaced the screen, is this the only way to sort this issue out?
and does evolv have a warranty on the screens?

Sounds like the screen may have gotten cracked or damaged thus the screen slowly goes to black. Replace the screen and yes the screens are available for sale at Evolv. Doubt it's warranty issue but you could fill out a ticket with Evolv and explain what happened and they should reply back to you....

retird said:

Sounds like the screen may have gotten cracked or damaged thus the screen slowly goes to black. Replace the screen and yes the screens are available for sale at Evolv. Doubt it's warranty issue but you could fill out a ticket with Evolv and explain what happened and they should reply back to you....

Thanks for the reply I will also try to contact Evolv as well

But the screen never been cracked or damaged and even the device never fall down or anything, but the dimming happened like the brightness went down then on the next day it went  further  lower in  brightness , but now its absolutely black. I contacted lost vape waiting for their reply and I will contact evelv as well.

• 1 year later...

This is happening to me too on my Evolv DNA 250. It is erratic.

For a while randomly it would be too dim to see, or not show at all.

Now, after working fine, the mod works fine but the screen doesn't turn on at all.

Not Stealth Mode.

Sometimes it randomly pops back up on it's own, It is almost like the chipset is lagging on displaying things.

It just turned itself on again randomly. Super weird...Device is not hot, but maybe a short to the Screen?

9 hours ago, Geilt said:

This is happening to me too on my Evolv DNA 250. It is erratic.

For a while randomly it would be too dim to see, or not show at all.

Now, after working fine, the mod works fine but the screen doesn't turn on at all.

Not Stealth Mode.

Sometimes it randomly pops back up on it's own, It is almost like the chipset is lagging on displaying things.

It just turned itself on again randomly. Super weird...Device is not hot, but maybe a short to the Screen?

As Giz_60 said most likely its the firing bottom been pressing the screen ribbon and it got damaged.

My issue has been sorted by communicating with Evolv and they sent me  another screen i had replaced it and its working well now i even had made a clip about it you can check it out on YouTube you can check the link https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DgmEWZsECU0&t=3s

Edited by Softarno