Latest SP seems to have bricked my VT166

Re my VapeDroid C2d1 with same problem. -VapeDroid support thinks it is a hw issue -Creme de vape has sent rma details -Sbody has requested video serial# and address for sending out a replacement ... Waiting for Sbody to confirm replacement, otherwise I am sending it back to creme de vape ...

Update on my Mod (VT 166).  Sent it in to Nick at Evolv to look over.  Just got the word that they are "working to repair it" and will send it back to me when finished.  No word on what they found, as of yet.  Beginning to think this may not be an issue with the SP, but not yet ready to install the latest SP in my newly arrived Therion 167.......

mstave said:

Update on my Mod (VT 166).  Sent it in to Nick at Evolv to look over.  Just got the word that they are "working to repair it" and will send it back to me when finished.  No word on what they found, as of yet.  Beginning to think this may not be an issue with the SP, but not yet ready to install the latest SP in my newly arrived Therion 167.......

Ya ever since ive read these issues i havnt done anything with my reuleaux or my VT167..i just dont wanna take a chance untill we get some more info on whats going on exactly before i update anything on either mod. Hopefully this will shed some light on the issues.

EDMKEV said:

Ya ever since ive read these issues i havnt done anything with my reuleaux or my VT167..i just dont wanna take a chance untill we get some more info on whats going on exactly before i update anything on either mod. Hopefully this will shed some light on the issues.

I know that felling Nick has taken good care of my problems. I used the up date from 02/2016 and all the mods I work on seamd to be pretty good then when the early release started to come I was going throug boards faster than cotton DNA 200 got a couple DNA 250 to try one failed right off the get go .never did find out why on three cell using SP 5. that was the last and only problem I had with DNA 200 or the DNA 250 they are all working great .with SP. 5 hard to believe 5 months ago I was ready to go back to a mec mod .but I am hooked on temperature control and the Evolv boards and the fact they have customer service second to none .

Nick has just advised me that my mod issues were related to a bad board, and not, in his opinion, to he SP.  They have replaced the board and are sending me the mod back, and asking engineering to review the bad board to figure out what happened.

Overall, great service and I am happy.  Gonna install the service pack in my new THerion 167

EDIT: Installed the new SP, went perfectly, new mod is ticking away with no difficulties from the SP

mstave said:

Nick has just advised me that my mod issues were related to a bad board, and not, in his opinion, to he SP.  They have replaced the board and are sending me the mod back, and asking engineering to review the bad board to figure out what happened.

Overall, great service and I am happy.  Gonna install the service pack in my new THerion 167

EDIT: Installed the new SP, went perfectly, new mod is ticking away with no difficulties from the SP

Sweet thats good news and thats the newest version 1.2 SP 5.2? I guess i better go ahead and give it a try! Never had a serious issue to have to deal with evolv directly but good to know they take care of their customers.

I had the same problem with my VT133 today. 0 volts on cell 1, 5.22v on cell 2.

Same exact behavior as olegasan shows in his video here.

This occurred randomly today. I haven't even connected the mod to Escribe in a couple of months, so it seems to have nothing to do with the service pack upgrade.

While troubleshooting, I connected the mod to Escribe and upgraded to sp5.2, but the problem persists.

Handyman said:

I had the same problem with my VT133 today. 0 volts on cell 1, 5.22v on cell 2.

Same exact behavior as olegasan shows in his video here.

This occurred randomly today. I haven't even connected the mod to Escribe in a couple of months, so it seems to have nothing to do with the service pack upgrade.

While troubleshooting, I connected the mod to Escribe and upgraded to sp5.2, but the problem persists.

i would contact the vendor you purchased the mod from if it's still within their warranty. if not, open a help ticket with Evolv. the link is in my sig at the bottom. i don't think up/downgrading the firmware is what causes the board to fail and read the cells incorrectly. it's something else.