Brandon

EScribe Software Download and Tutorial

BlackouTT, I was having a similar issues yesterday and James determined it was server connection related.  In other words, I think there may have been some connection issues on our end.  I know that James is looking into it.

macz said:

[QUOTE=BlackouTT]I'm having issues with the startup of the actual Escribe program. I click the icon to startup the program and I can see the popup on the bottom slowly come up for the sftware update and then my cursor starts spinning as if it were loading, and it just stays loading. waited 20 minutes at one point and still no response. The program isn't crashing neccessarily. I can't quite figure out the solution. Can someone give me a hand in troubleshooting?

Did you try uninstall and reinstall it back?[/QUOTE]
I've already tried doing so. trust me, that'd be the noobiest mistake. haha

Brandon said:

BlackouTT, I was having a similar issues yesterday and James determined it was server connection related.  In other words, I think there may have been some connection issues on our end.  I know that James is looking into it.

I kinda figured that'd it wasnt client side, but i didnt see anyone else post on here yet about any issues.

I'm running escribe from the early software thread, because it was for early testing but has since become marked "released". That's working alright for me, if it's a different link and file/version from what you're running. If it's worth the trouble you may try installing that update over your current version.

James said:

It's not documented, but actually EScribe already supports translation.

If you want to give it a try...
Go to C:\Users\(Your Name)\AppData\Roaming\Evolv\EScribe (AppData is a hidden folder).
Create a directory Languages, and inside it a directory named en. Inside that, edit in Notepad a file named EScribe.po ... Type something like:

msgid "Coil Material:"
msgstr "Test:"

Then start EScribe. If it's in the right directory, the text will be replaced.

I will include a sample in the next version. We'd appreciate community help. :)

Hi!
you can get a file EScribe.po complete with all original strings? In a manner as to facilitate the translation?
Also how you can translate Menu items and those of various TABS?
Thanks for your kind attention and answer!

BlackouTT: Does it freeze even when you have no DNA 200 plugged in? That'd narrow it down a bit between the autoupdater and the autoconnect.

My mod isn't completed yet. I've been trying to open the program to start making some presets and changing the screens in preparation of a completed mod, but the program becomes unresponsive just after opening

Could you take a video or screenshot of what it's doing exactly? I'm wondering if it's having trouble when trying to look for DNA 200s to autoconnect with after startup.

Bump! Still doesnt work for me...
I got my mod built and connect my board to the computer and used Escribe. It auto detects the device, and automatically downloads the settings into Escribe, but again I can't click on anything and nothing is highlighted when i move my cursor over it, unresponsive as before for me....

Use BootCamp to install windows on another partition and you can then boot your Mac into windows.  With a little google-fu, you can find all the instructions.

Nach said:

Use BootCamp to install windows on another partition and you can then boot your Mac into windows.  With a little google-fu, you can find all the instructions.

I used this method on my Mac using a copy of windows xp professional. Works great

Whats the most recent version of escribe??

I have 1.0.25

cannot see dropdown for 2 cell batt selection.

Nevermind!!!!

downloaded pre-release version 7-27 and now I have i.t