Common Problems

blueridgedog

13 minutes ago, Wayneo said:

Hey Jack, might I suggest you upgrade to Escribe v2.x   I've been running v2 SP9 without any issues at all. Recovery Charging is really only for internal Lipo batteries, where the internal cells are out of balance. Yours are both showing 4.16v

I haven't seen those gaps before on pack voltage, mine are a solid line. Your screen cable, if not pinched, could just be soaked in juice, in sorta crooked, or even the hold down tab not fully closed. If you rip it apart, in the datasheet there's a picture of it and what's right and wrong. OR, you could open a ticket with evolv. 

Will do thank you I didn't even notice I wasn't using the current version. :)  

I've been trying to pop the carbon fiber off but I swear they used some kind of new not from this world bonding material, I've bent my spudger and 2 small screwdrivers already lol 

Time to bust out the old ladies hair dryer lol wish I had a heatgun !!

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, WickedJack said:

Yep ! Here you go 

Let me know if you would like anything else checked off 

Thank You :)

EDIT: These are the only 2 things that were already checked when I opened Escribe. I'm still figuring out how to use it obviously but if I may ask what is the option under Tool/Diagnostics, Perform USB Recovery Charging ? What does this do..? 

Escribe-Therion.jpg

Your screen shot shows the screen disconnected 163 times, likely the power button has pinched the flat screen cable. Below is a screen shot of one of mine, I used the windows "paint" program to point out the screen disconnect.

SS.JPG

19 minutes ago, WickedJack said:

Will do thank you I didn't even notice I wasn't using the current version. :)  

I've been trying to pop the carbon fiber off but I swear they used some kind of new not from this world bonding material, I've bent my spudger and 2 small screwdrivers already lol 

Time to bust out the old ladies hair dryer lol wish I had a heatgun !!

A lot of good stuff came out of Roswell LoL. Good luck! 

• Like 2

Wow ok so I hope I never have to do that again that glue is insane !

I snapped some pics and uploaded them to my Google Photo's if you have time could you please take a look at them and give your opinion. 

This mod has never been opened ! I made comments to some of the pics as well 

https://photos.app.goo.gl/4GrKhQAQXataJy6w2

• Like 2

Excellent photos. I'd open a ticket with Evolv. Not only do they do warranty work for LV, they also stand behind their board. You'll work out fine. They usually turn around repairs very quickly. Board looked really clean, and they should have replacement board holders and screens.

EVOLV HELP DESK - https://helpdesk.evolvapor.com/?a=add

Edited by Wayneo
Send photos as well
  • Like 2

• 3 years later...

Hi All,

I seem to be having a problem with the battery guage.

I have a DNA 400 inside a HOG and I wanted to customeise the theme to show the output voltage of each battery.

If I create 4 individual guages and set each to show cells 1 - 4 voltages accordingly, they alays stay on maximum, even when the cells are empty.

It would be great to be able to add a guage per battery (regardles whether it is a 2, 3 or 4 cell device) to show how evenly they are draining.

This would be useful, for example, if you unknowingly have a faulty cell in your married set

3 hours ago, retird said:

Here is a theme  that works with a DNA400C you might look at. Doesn't have guages but......Save your theme first in case you want to reload it...

As you know Device Monitor in EScribe is our friend...I use it often to see that the cells are balancing while charging.

My Theme 2.ecigtheme 148.91 kB · 0 downloads

Hi RETIRD,

Thank you for your reply :)

Yes I'm aware that Device Monitor can give a whole wealth of information and when at home, I use it.  However, when out and about, it would be great to have individual battery meters that display the output (voltage, current or both) individually on the device.  Idealy on screen in the same format as you might have a battery meter, but of course you can choose what the meter represents :)

• Like 1

What you are asking for does not fit the category of "common problems". I don't want folks that may read this thread to think there is a "problem". I think it better is placed in the category of "I wish there was a theme that would do this.. if possible.."

In all my years I never had interest in learning to design themes so I'm no help.. I leave that to those who love designing themes. 

You might message @Mr.Bottomfeeder or some of the other great theme guys/gals. There are some really great designers and great themes in the download section of this forum as you know. @Mr.Bottomfeeder designed the theme I posted for you to look at. 

Hope this helps. 

All 250C boards are capable of 400 watts if the mod is designed and built as such.  Here is a DNA250C Datasheet for anybody who is interested in reviewing it.  It has wiring diagrams and spec's and a lot more...

https://downloads.evolvapor.com/dna250color.pdf

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hi @all

thanks @retird for suggesting my themes😃
Unfortunately, there is no free switch less (there ar only 4 at all availiable in the software) for building chooseable displays for the battery-meters in my themes.

But if @Theme_A_Geddon wan't to get, I can build a special version for him that shows the battery-voltages as Gauges. Just drop me a note, if you wan't to get such a theme.

Different currents for the batteries, I have not found in the software. Just:
Voltage common
Current common
Voltage Battery 1
Voltage Battery 2
Voltage Battery 3
Voltage Battery 4

If there are more, please inform me about.
Than I can enlarge my themes for displaying them.

kind regards

Hubert