"Off" message in temperature control when firing Therion DNA 75

jsayers

If you clicked on  'Restore Defaults' in the General tab in Escribe, that would explain why your settings got changed up...like from 3 cell to 2 cell...the 166 has the 250 board & that 'Restore' resets to Evolv default 250 settings, which are different from the Lost Vape settings...Here is the factory file from Lost Vape for the Therion 166....ecig Therion_166.ecig     Download this file, open Escribe with your device attached. Click on 'File>Open'...select the file you just downloaded....that will load the Lost Vape Therion 166 .ecig file into Escribe, then 'Upload To Device'...that should set you back to factory, out of box state...

I feel yer pain been there and done that humph
ud 316l gave me no end of problems so I used a place on the net called crazy wire and got some and that helped a lot
strip down the dripper and make sure to give it a good clean this includes removing 510 pin ect (it its a clone could be some swarf in it)
don't over tighten the clamps you could be nipping the wire
spaced coils work better of the bat for tc but it using contact coils dry burn them like kanthal but don't let them get yellow just red so you get rid of hot spots

hope that helps

• 1 month later...

Is there a plain language, direct solution to this problem that doesn't involve a computer?  I'm also showing OFF for whatever reason.  I'm a Mac guy, so running the evolve Win-based program would involve "some" effort.  Like the OP said, it's too much work just to vape.

Please tell me what buttons to mash to get TC.

Thanks in advance,

John

Temp protection is enabled if you select a temp sensing wire type and don't adjust the them above 600 F, you could have done either of these by mistake.   In default config you need to lock (5 clicks) then hold + & - for a couple of seconds to adjust temp and to change coil material lock and hold down all 3 buttons, then for both + & - adjust and fire selects.

• Like 2

Happens with sdna75 aswell, reset to factory default temporarily fixed mine, don't got a clue on what causes it so I moved back to the 200.

Ed: on another note it has no problem doing NICHROME temp control, nickel is tricky (have to constantly move the liquid control on Kay v5) 317l on ice3 works fine, at least it's not just only mine. Companies should really remove the "can't use nichrome" since it's actually in the limit range.

Edited by Canadianvape
Do not want to double post want to add that nichrome temp control works with EScribe DNA devices, which from personal experience works accurately and almost no one is aware of it.

• 2 months later...
On 2017-05-29 at 5:19 PM, Johnalever said:

Is there a plain language, direct solution to this problem that doesn't involve a computer?  I'm also showing OFF for whatever reason.  I'm a Mac guy, so running the evolve Win-based program would involve "some" effort.  Like the OP said, it's too much work just to vape.

Please tell me what buttons to mash to get TC.

Thanks in advance,

John

Happens with sdna75 aswell, reset to factory default temporarily fixed mine, don't got a clue on what causes it so I moved back to the 200.

edit: changed the FW to the first version and resistance to 0, after reading it worked for someone, it's working now.

• 6 months later...