Dna75 Therion one cell doesn't discharge

ChunkyButt200 said:

that sounds more like a battery construction problem. if both sides fire the mod individually, it should work with both installed at the same time. try using cells that have a protruding positive tab. 

Nope, it's a sled problem.

My Wifes Therion has the same issue. Had LG HD2's that were working sporadically.  We chalked it up to aging batteries.  Got her some Samsung Pinks 30Q, same behaviour.

She has to swap each battery into opposite slots everytime the indicator disharges, annoying.

I'm thinking it is a loose solder job or the sled contacts have been mis-aligned internally.

NutzSlappinYaChin said:

Nope, it's a sled problem.

My Wifes Therion has the same issue. Had LG HD2's that were working sporadically.  We chalked it up to aging batteries.  Got her some Samsung Pinks 30Q, same behaviour.

She has to swap each battery into opposite slots everytime the indicator disharges, annoying.

I'm thinking it is a loose solder job or the sled contacts have been mis-aligned internally.

there's two main causes for the way the cells inside of the therion 75 discharge unevenly or one does not discharge at all.

1) broken solder negative or postive solder bridge that joins both neg's of cells. 
2) cells that don't make the positive connection to the sled because the positive part of the cell is slightly sunken. 

the post i was responding to sounds like #2 because each cell bay does work  just not when two cells are inserted, indicating a problem with the cell making poor connection to the sled contact.

• 4 months later...

Just a quick update , I had this same problem. Tore it apart and in the bottom/ground end of the battery sled there was a disconnected ground wire going from outside contact to inner. I resoldered it and voila problem solved.

i made a quick vid on YouTube so any of you guys can see what I did 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...