Early Firmware and EScribe Suite Discussion Thread

I'm curious about the release schedule. Previously the release schedule showed roughly 2 releases per month, but since 21-Oct-2015 there have been exactly zero releases (unless I'm monitoring the wrong part of the forum?). Is Evolv planning a special "Christmas release", or will there be forthcoming (EScribe and firmware) updates at some point?

VapingBad said:

I would guess they have fixed everything that needed fixing and are working on a Mac version wanting to have the PC and Mac versions as close as possible to each other.

My guess is that there are still issues that AREN'T fixed. Search for "Hard Reboot for Temp Control"

I as well as a few others have this problem. Admin "James" asked a few questions and for my settings file with which I responded and have heard nothing back about. I still suffer this issue. 

ChunkyButt200 said:

no that aint the latest kool aid from evolv. go to page 1 of this thread and download the latest version, something like 2015-10-21.........click that one.

I just downloaded that, and nothing changed.  Do I have to uninstall the software first?

I thought this was supposed to Auto-update if you selected the right settings in Escribe, surely this has been released by now?

** Edit **
Just went back and did it again, this time selecting 'Open link in new window' and the correct version d/l'ed.  I clicked on it and it downloaded the standard version from the main page.  Gotta love browser logic.

Alex faught said:

So if one were to buy a brand new device, what version would it have on it? Is the escribe software download on the internet up to date?

The firmware version installed on new devices will depend on:
  • Did the Mod Maker update the firmware
  • If  not, then when was the board purchased
Honestly, updating the firmware is pretty easy unless you are 100% limited to the Mac environment, then you have to run WINE or something to emulate Windows.

There are two version available on the web, the RELEASE version, which is considered to be the most tested and stable. And the EARLY FIRMWARE version which is available in the first post of this thread. It has the latest fixes and feature enhancements. I run it on 4 devices and have not encountered any issues with it.

John_stanford said:

ok i downloaded the latest update but when i try to click update firmware it says i have no file

does your version of escribe have the "look and feel" adjustments under the theme tab? if not d/l the new escribe update and the new firmware should be inc'uded with it. im horrible with navigating through pc's. i am pc illiterate. lol. i don't know why it says no file for u. maybe someone else can help u.

RoofMonkey911 said:

[QUOTE=bernmed2005]how are we notified of a new update?

When a new update is made public, it will show up when you start EScribe. Should show up on the bottom left corner in a new box.[/QUOTE] Waiting for approved, tested firmware updates in the Escribe software is the "approved" method, but if you want to try the latest BETA versions then you will have to follow the first post in this thread, and download and install manually. The last beta has been out for a LONG time, and works well, giving many more advanced settings, not sure why it has not been made available via Escribe. While I like the DNA200, and supporting a USA company, I get the feeling their overall company budget does not allow them to hire as many software developers as let's say a Chinese company like Joytech that has pumped out firmware updates, every few weeks, now adding manual TCR input on a $40 mod, vaping right now on both my Vaporshark DNA200, and EVic VTC Mini, very comparable, other then the huge price difference. It seems so far since I've owned my first Evolv product, that they are short, personal wise, the programmers to keep up, and I hope they get it together! My example is the overwhelming demand for the simple swapping of being able to set temperature on the main screen instead of the fairly useless wattage mode for TC vaping. This has been requested for a long time, both on this site, and made a bit of a joke, by almost every online reviewer. Joyetech updated its mods firmware in a few short weeks, with some complicated programming, but we still can't easily change the temperature setting, on our advantced temperature controlled DNA200 devices. Evolv, please hire some more experienced programmers, or lose potential sales to these far less expensive Chinese boards that other then extra software options, still deliver a high quality vape!

i'm a bit dissapointed that we haven't seen temp/watt swapping yet, i know that evolv have a lot on their plate, but even a simple heads up on the status of implementation would be nice, is it planned? are they working on it? upcoming release? at this point i have to agree that the Evic mini is hot on the heels, and if Evolv don't bring something to the table in terms of update speed/commnunity feedback, the next gen of high power devices will be powered by chinese chips. the RX200 has the potential to perform like the DNA and at least it has one of the key features that i want, direct temp adjustment.

that being said, i love my DNA200s, they feel powerful, well made, and the preheat gives it an edge that no other device has, i'm just salty waiting 3-4 months for a feature that REALLY should be a standard option by now

mactavish said:

[QUOTE=RoofMonkey911][QUOTE=bernmed2005]how are we notified of a new update?

When a new update is made public, it will show up when you start EScribe. Should show up on the bottom left corner in a new box.[/QUOTE] Waiting for approved, tested firmware updates in the Escribe software is the "approved" method, but if you want to try the latest BETA versions then you will have to follow the first post in this thread, and download and install manually. The last beta has been out for a LONG time, and works well, giving many more advanced settings, not sure why it has not been made available via Escribe. While I like the DNA200, and supporting a USA company, I get the feeling their overall company budget does not allow them to hire as many software developers as let's say a Chinese company like Joytech that has pumped out firmware updates, every few weeks, now adding manual TCR input on a $40 mod, vaping right now on both my Vaporshark DNA200, and EVic VTC Mini, very comparable, other then the huge price difference. It seems so far since I've owned my first Evolv product, that they are short, personal wise, the programmers to keep up, and I hope they get it together! My example is the overwhelming demand for the simple swapping of being able to set temperature on the main screen instead of the fairly useless wattage mode for TC vaping. This has been requested for a long time, both on this site, and made a bit of a joke, by almost every online reviewer. Joyetech updated its mods firmware in a few short weeks, with some complicated programming, but we still can't easily change the temperature setting, on our advantced temperature controlled DNA200 devices. Evolv, please hire some more experienced programmers, or lose potential sales to these far less expensive Chinese boards that other then extra software options, still deliver a high quality vape![/QUOTE]

I cant agree more whit what you said. My Evic VTC mini is incredible now. All EVOLVE needs to do is a firmware update for the temp option on screen. That, and come by and at least say hello to your supporters. I love supporting a U.S. company but they need to support us too. Hope they get it together. It does not take resources to just stop in and say thank you we are working on things for you or something.