Early Firmware and EScribe Suite Discussion Thread

@James,

Why not include the driver in the early release versions of Escribe, so that they can be standalone? This way the earlier version has to be downloaded for the driver only.

Also, I think using the term "Service Pack" for everything - both as a version number and as a description of a beta/service release - is kinda confusing for less technically inclined persons. The situation with the downloads currently is clear because there is no prerelease, but it was more complicated before. I hope it is a sign it will stay that way.

• 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, etab75 said:

The boost feature is a welcome addition in SP6, cheers James :)

So, this 'Boost' feature is only available on the 75C? Any plans to extend to the other DNA devices like the 250, at least? Also curious why this is listed as only available in the international version?

Edited by skineedog

Could you please let us know if the boost function is coming to DNA75, 60, 200 and 250? And if not why?

I doubt it's such a key selling point that you would want to "reserve it" for newer chips. It would be much appreciated if support and new features aren't kept artificially from existing hardware.

Thanks in advance.

4 minutes ago, John said:

Sadly, the PMTA mandatory date changed to 2022 but the grace period date is still August 8 of 2016.

OK - John, thanks for setting me straight. You'll have to excuse me if I have trouble getting my head straight on all this garbage. Where I live I can go across the street to the local head shop and buy the latest and greatest "Bong" (designed yesterday) but it would be against the law to by a newly designed mod. (:

5 minutes ago, mactavish said:

The Chinese mod makers have basically been ignoring all our silly FDA rules and regulations. A newly designed mod comes out almost daily. 

mactavish,

Then almost every American retailer sells them one line and B&M stores. "Go-figure" But I am sure glad they do.

On 9/2/2017 at 0:40 PM, mactavish said:

@JohnI'm assuming there are two versions for legal reasons, but it would be nice to know if there are any downsides to installing the international version on a USA Mac computer. If not, then is it ok, to simply overwrite the US version I currently have installed?

Confirmed that upgrade to the international Windows Escribe version and v2.0 SP6 firmware has been running for several days without issue. Loving the boost functionality as well1

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/2/2017 at 4:48 PM, gorman said:

Could you please let us know if the boost function is coming to DNA75, 60, 200 and 250? And if not why?

I doubt it's such a key selling point that you would want to "reserve it" for newer chips. It would be much appreciated if support and new features aren't kept artificially from existing hardware.

Thanks in advance.

No answer?

Are you looking for the two stage setpoint, or are you looking for more power? The 200 and 250 are limited by the fuse on input current, the 75 by output voltage, and the 60 by thermal margin. 

So we could conceivably add the functionality, but it'd be limited to the nameplate max power of the boards. Is that worth adding?

• Like 2

@John Knowing that constraint, could you start thinking about % change solutions. So 2 options essentially. The straight wattage value is 1, but for the %, If I set my watts to 'x' (in either wattage, or TC) let me (preheat or boost) to 50%, x%  more. Sorta like how you let us ride/straddle the output voltage limit. 

• Like 1

vor einer Stunde schrieb John:

Are you looking for the two stage setpoint, or are you looking for more power? The 200 and 250 are limited by the fuse on input current, the 75 by output voltage, and the 60 by thermal margin. 

So we could conceivably add the functionality, but it'd be limited to the nameplate max power of the boards. Is that worth adding?

Happy with being limited to the nameplate ! So yes it´s worth adding the functionality! (for me)

• Like 1

I don't think the DNA 60 would survive a "boost" feature. The board nearly blows it's guts out trying maintain 60w for more than 5 secs. It's such a tiny board with an inability to expel the heat generated at higher wattages. the heat builds up very quickly, angering the 0201 sized smd ntc tucked between those two inductors, triggering the "too hot" message. It's a great board, just not the right board if you want run your .1 ohm "Triple Dragon Scale Fused Magnetron" coils on.

I would agree the OG 75 would do well with a boost, as long as you're within the 6.2v range. The 200 and 250, naw. There's enough "boost" from the, already, twin turbo'd dual buck circuitry that currently exists on those two pcb's. 200/250 watts is enough to get your coils pumping out vapor, fast. IMO

Besides, i hear Evolv is incorporating the "A11 Boinic" and "Coil Face ID" in it's next iteration of boards. The board will visually recognize the atty and it's resistance by you merely holding it up to the screen. magic! ;P

• Like 3