Early Firmware and EScribe Suite Discussion Thread

Feature request:

Device monitor > when there is already a graph on the screen, regardless if paused or not, if you uncheck one parameter, not to erase the whole screen, but only take that parameter out.

Often some lines are too close together and I want to inspect one of them closer, so I uncheck the other one and poof! the whole graph is gone.

At least, that's how it behaves on my DNA75. Depending on the program structure, it might be easy to implement, or impossible. :D

• 1 month later...

I've posted EScribe Suite 2.0 SP4 as an early version. It includes SP22 for DNA 75 Color, which resolves a few issues mainly seen with Stainless Steel coils.

A lot of low-level rework has been required to support the upcoming Mac version, so definitely let me know if this version acts quirky in any way. :)

Enjoy,

James

• Like 1

On 7/12/2017 at 7:09 PM, James said:

I've posted EScribe Suite 2.0 SP4 as an early version. It includes SP22 for DNA 75 Color, which resolves a few issues mainly seen with Stainless Steel coils.

A lot of low-level rework has been required to support the upcoming Mac version, so definitely let me know if this version acts quirky in any way. :)

Enjoy,

James

Have noticed that in DM, the 'Graph Options' has disappeared in the SP4 update. Have the abilities to set the graph timescale under the 'Appearance' tab & take a .csv snapshot (which disappeared in SP3)  been moved somewhere else?

5969123b46bc3_GraphOptionsEscribe2_0SP2.jpg.01d25808d75c5974b05e00dcd51dc81b.jpg              5969124e160ba_GraphOptionsEscribe2_0SP3.JPG.4194df9e3eace6e4954231d8f6a1faf1.JPG            59691268d3be8_NoGraphOptionsEscribe2_0SP4.JPG.49d3c33fae93a3778def73518388cdd2.JPG

Graph Options Escribe 2.0 SP2.jpg

Graph Options Escribe 2.0 SP3.JPG

No Graph Options Escribe 2.0 SP4.JPG

Edited by giz_60
  • Like 1

We had to have a menu for the Mac version (folks expect Quit Device Monitor to be an option for the program menu, instead of clicking X like on Windows), so I decided to move a number of options up there.

CSVs have been moved to the Recording menu. Time scale has been moved to the View menu.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, James said:

We had to have a menu for the Mac version (folks expect Quit Device Monitor to be an option for the program menu, instead of clicking X like on Windows), so I decided to move a number of options up there.

CSVs have been moved to the Recording menu. Time scale has been moved to the View menu.

Found em....Thanks!!

• Like 2

Il 15/7/2017 in 01:52 , Droopydroors ha scritto:

Dna75c still running cold on newest beta firmware.  Please address the issue. It seems to be a pretty wide spread issue in most forums.

Yes I see same problem

Edited by Frank65

Somehow I've changed the combination for lock. It was 5 clicks, now it is 3. But in SP 4.2 I don't see it in Escribe. Can someone help me?)

Found it myself. Theme designer->Lock screen theme.

Edited by iBolit

Here´s my feedback about the latest SP23 for DNA75C

Room Temperature - still reading to high on a Hcigar VT75C - Measured Room Temp is 23°C (Digital Thermometer) VT75C reporting 27,5°C

Board Temperature - reading 33,8°C after 6 Hours in deep sleep

So - i might using wrong numbers in the Case analyzing?

Beside this Problems seems to work great when setting the measured 27,5°C as reference for the coil temp 

Case Analyzer now works differently and is giving _me_ MUCH more accurate results.  If you manually tweak by lowering base value of case static, add in about 2 degrees for screen being lit and up the case connect value by about what you lowered base case static value by I can stay within a degree or so of thermometers near mod.  Major improvement.

On 7/21/2017 at 4:49 AM, iBolit said:

Somehow I've changed the combination for lock. It was 5 clicks, now it is 3. But in SP 4.2 I don't see it in Escribe. Can someone help me?)

Found it myself. Theme designer->Lock screen theme.

Can you expand on that?  I'm not seeing it within the Theme Designer in SP4.2

Why does Escribe 2.0 SP4.2 need access to the Internet for every little thing? The firewall alerts me it wants access with most of the operations (Device Monitor, Upload settings... I haven't tried many more, but these are some of the most important ones).

If I block it with firewall, I get this screen:

Untitled.png

"Continue" salvages the program and it still works, but (for example) it still doesn't enter Device Monitor. If I unblock it with the firewall it works as it nothing happened. The blocking/unblocking acts as a toggle - it immediately cripples or heals the program, even in the same instance (if it is still running).\

I hope this is just a compiler bug or maybe something on my side, but I don't see what could it be. I have installed most of the early versions and none did this.

Edited by MacVap

What firewall are you using? I'm really shocked any would block loopback binding.

The particular error you are seeing is not EScribe trying to access the Internet. It is a loopback bind operation -- running a server that can only be connected to from the same computer. For portability with Mac, we can't multithread the user interface any more, so instead I split apart each program into its own process (like Google Chrome does for tabs). For instance, when you click Device Monitor, EScribe binds a local socket and runs a server on it, creates a new copy of itself to run Device Monitor, and tells the new copy to connect to that server. Upon connection, it is told what device to connect to. Theme Designer needs to pass back the theme being edited to EScribe, etc.

It's Look'N'Stop firewall, yeah, quite old and uncommon, but that's why I like it, because potential rogue programs wouldn't expect it. Win7 x64 btw.

The thing is, Escribe didn't do this until this last version and there were no problems with it.

Thank you very much James, but maybe you shouldn't have if it might create other problems/problems for others. Mine is a fringe case anyway, and it would be enough for me to open the firewall for Escribe to localhost.

I just didn't investigate further to which address it connected to, I thought it was a compiler or .Net framework bug (or telemetry).

Edited by MacVap

On 7/27/2017 at 6:39 PM, James said:

I've posted SP5 as an early release. It includes SP24 for DNA 75 Color, which improves resistance sampling accuracy.

The Mac version (in a separate thread) supports ECigStats now, and also DNA 250.

@MacVap, this version should fix your firewall issue.

I'm finding this version to read ohms significantly higher than all previous 75c firmware.  This is the first version that actually needs a positive mod resistance offset to come into calibration with cold ohm readings from my well calibrated Hobo X Al.  I believe it is vaping much more consistent with estimated temps from the prior chips.

One thing I AM noticing, however, is that it is restricting temperature to LESS than what I have set for preheat.  I.e. If I set preheat to maintain 470°F (with a run temp of 500°F) it will actually throttle to maintain 460°F instead.  No matter where I set preheat it will not let temperature exceed about 475°F.  And it's clearly throttling to do so....

Edited by LeeWB3
Misspelling & Grammar

The Cold Ohms should be more accurate in SP24. (What kind of mod resistance do you have now, out of curiosity?)

That said, is your non-preheat power sufficient to make it to 500F? Preheat is not meant to hold a temperature perfectly, it is meant to get the coil and wicking up to around the liquid boiling point. (Preheat backs off as it nears its target temperature.) It doesn't make much sense to have preheat temperature up near the vaping range IMO. If it preheats to the liquid boiling point, that's ideal, since beyond that the mass flow rate of the vape will be largely controlled by the power setpoint.

• Like 1