Early Firmware and EScribe Suite Discussion Thread

I did that before (install over), but this version is too different from what I have (I unpacked it and compared them). The driver is also different, so I want to uninstall the driver first, in order not to end up with two different drivers.

I received a DNA 75 so I need a solid version that can work with both DNA's I have (the other is DNA 200).

Could you try a traceroute (tracert evolvapor-downloads.r.worldssl.net on a command line)? Also to downloads.evolvapor.com? Thanks!
(Does your country censor Internet? The CDN would share an IP address with many other sites. Also, what IP address does your PC think that site is? Lastly, do you have any plugins in your browser/firewall that might block sites?)

P.M. sent to James. Traceroute completed successfully.

The answer to most of these questions is no, there is no censorship and I don't have any unusual firewalls/browser plugins. In fact, I turned the firewall off for the testing, the behavior is exactly the same. And I tested with several browsers: IE, Firefox, Chrome, Opera.

What struck me as odd is the behavior I haven't seen before, no response whatsoever, all browsers just keep on waiting and timeout sooner or later.

Mgeli said:

Hi. After upgrading to 1.2 SP5, can't log in to my account and Escribe to obtain information about my mod.

Yep, same here and others say the same.... Evolv will get it fixed.... it may have to do with Evolv recently moving to a CDN for their downloads, since the traffic was getting kind of high. At least that's my guess....

A content delivery network (CDN) is a system of distributed servers (network) that deliver webpages and other Web content to a user based on the geographic locations of the user, the origin of the webpage and a content delivery server.

Modbustersecig said:

Please help me Figure out why i cant log on in Escribe!!!!!o.OCapture2.png 

thank you thank you James. I was in the middle of building a couple Opus DNA 250 the board is totally awesome. didn't realize it last night but it will still charge 1 amp when hooked to my PC same courd same pc .5 on the DNA200. I did get a full 2 amps out of it on the wall charger . took about 20 minutes to charge battery from 50% too 100% .while we were exploring the board on the first build on E scrib the battery was charged . you the man thank you James and Brandon Nick John Roger for the Opus the post man for delivering the best board ever.I Like it

20161113_034756.jpg

20161113_025943.jpg

fwa said:

Hello,

Just apply the new SP5 on my DNA200 which have always before the 0% level of charge problem.
After applying this service pack, the level seems to work again. Have you corrected effectively this problem ?

They have indeed, it was a problem that was only introduced with the early versions of 1.2, a side effect of other changes that should no be consigned to history.

VapingBad said:

They have indeed, it was a problem that was only introduced with the early versions of 1.2, a side effect of other changes that should no be consigned to history.

Ok, but it seems that we have another problem now.

Sans_titre.png 

Voltage on the 3 cells is correct, but the level is very strange. When i check on my battery curve in the mod section, 3.63V is about 35.8% so why is it indicated 14% ?

Sans_titre1.png    

test.png

fwa said:

Ok, but it seems that we have another problem now.

Sans_titre.png 

Voltage on the 3 cells is correct, but the level is very strange. When i check on my battery curve in the mod section, 3.63V is about 35.8% so why is it indicated 14% ?

Sans_titre1.png    

14% of 28.05 watt hours is 3.927 watt hours. that is very close to your remaining 3.814 charge estimate in device monitor, so that seems correct. can't say why at 3.63v it doesn't reflect 35.8%. however, 14% sounds more accurate than 35.8%, looking at your charge estimate. i'm not even positive if my math is correct.

ChunkyButt200 said:

14% of 28.05 watt hours is 3.927 watt hours. that is very close to your remaining 3.814 charge estimate in device monitor, so that seems correct. can't say why at 3.63v it doesn't reflect 35.8%. however, 14% sounds more accurate than 35.8%, looking at your charge estimate. i'm not even positive if my math is correct.

So if i follow your mind, now the level does not reflect the level of the battery reflecting his voltage but now the capacity.
Ok, let's try, i am now at 20% 5675 Wh. So 100% = 5 x 5675 = 28375Wh, which seems correct.
Sans_titre2.png 
It is really strange that before the update, the level reflect exactly the reference of the battery csv. I have always used this to charge at 3.8V per cell my box for storage. I do this for my RC models as for my box :).

I must simply change my reference observing the charge for my different box, regarding what is the Wh at 3.8v

fwa said:

So if i follow your mind, now the level does not reflect the level of the battery reflecting his voltage but now the capacity.
Ok, let's try, i am now at 20% 5675 Wh. So 100% = 5 x 5675 = 28375Wh, which seems correct.
Sans_titre2.png 
It is really strange that before the update, the level reflect exactly the reference of the battery csv. I have always used this to charge at 3.8V per cell my box for storage. I do this for my RC models as for my box :).

I must simply change my reference observing the charge for my different box, regarding what is the Wh at 3.8v

An update: i am now at 25%
Sans_titre3.png 
25% with 6955Wh which mean 27820Wh.... this fluctuate a lot o.O

And after changing the power in Kanthal using Escribe, so i reloaded the parameter, i get this:
Sans_titre4.png 

A jump to 46% from before 25%...... really strange 9_9

• 1 month later...