Early Firmware and EScribe Suite Discussion Thread

basilray said:

[QUOTE=branflan][QUOTE=HolmanGT][QUOTE=basilray]Still no Windows 10 love.  I think James doesn't want me messing w/ my profiles. :P

Are you saying Escribe is not working for you on Windows 10?[/QUOTE]

I've been using EScribe on Windows 10 since the OS was released on 7/29 with no issues whatsoever. [/QUOTE]

I haven't been able to use EScribe since upgrading from Win Pro 8.1 x64 to Win 10 Pro x64.  I was in the beta, and had zero issues w/ the software in Win 8.1, so it's weird.

The app opens, but is 100% unresponsive after it opens.  I have tried everything short of a new install of Windows...[/QUOTE]

That is a strange one. Druckle and myself have been using it for some time now and neither of us have had any trouble (knock on wood). We are both using the Freeware update version of Win10. I don't know if that makes any difference or not.

What does Evolv have to say about it?

ECigStats

Cool concept, if rather rudimentary at the moment.

Would love to see one of those html links that displays a banner with my personal stats.

My stats only seem to accumulate on my website account from the time I first connected, but the app displays the mods entire history. Would love it if that history showed up on my webpage account.

Ideally.......

A Banner template that pulled a few stats from the users account. But a "live" banner, ie the link hits your server and the html image/table is generated on the fly.

Not sure which stats would have the most impact, maybe total puffs (= x cigarettes not smoked), avg watts, avg Temp and of course a nice Evolv Logo.

More importantly though, the Ecigstats app displays a ton of nice data, but the "My Account" page displays very little. Suck my history in and display/graph/chart it etc.......

Its all fluff, but its fun fluff!

James said:

mikepetro:

Hmm. We could do that. What kind of banner are you talking about? A generated image with statistics on it, or...?

James,

You are aware that you are talking about CPU flash ram and that is has a limited number of write cycles.

If you try to use it as a 24/7 log book you may be surprised at at the limited write life expectancy.

Regards,
George

not sure if this is the right place to request features but I've been doing a bit of research on lipo's and the RC car community and from what I've been learning, a 4.1v cutoff is great for maximizing cycles, while a 4.2 cutoff is the best for performance, but it seems the general consensus across several boards is that 4.15 seems to be the real sweet spot between maximizing cycles while still having really good run times, any chance the choice between 4.1v and 4.2v could also have a third middle of the road setting at 4.15?    

Sadly this firmware bricked mine.  I will try a hard reset this AM when I have enough coffee to desolder the battery.  The process crashed mid way through update and now the USB device is seen as corrupted:

AOSWKLLNXNSV:

Product ID:0x8405

Vendor ID:0x268b

Version:1.01

Serial Number:AOSWKLLNXNSV

Speed:Up to 12 Mb/sec

Manufacturer:AOSWKLLNXNSV

Location ID:0x14500000 / 26

Current Available (mA):500

Current Required (mA):Unknown (Device has not been configured)

Tools->Reboot->Hard Reboot does not work? That only requires the bootloader not the firmware.
The fact that it's responding with a Product ID of 0x8405 suggests the bootloader is not entirely dead..
(What version did you have before? Anything 7/29 R1 or newer has the same core firmware and so uploading doesn't put into bootloader mode.)

Double posting this here:

I tried it with several virtual box setups, booting each one with the AOSWKLLNXNSV device visible to the OS.  In each case escribe would not recognize it and would not do a manual update.  Today I dusted off an old laptop with XP on it and put on the latest escribe.  It saw the device and put on the latest firmware and the device was then recognized as a DNA200.  The device now lights up when connected to a USB power supply, but the battery voltage is displayed as 0.00, 2.05 and 3.7 volts respectively (though it was at about 75% when the event happened).  So either the pack was damaged during the event or the charging circuitry/monitoring was damaged.  I am at the office today and on the road so I don't have access to a volt meter to verify if it is the pack or the chip.  I have my old telco tool kit somewhere here and will see if there is a multimeter in it.

For now I think there is some issue with the virtualbox method or that this was just a fluke and the chip simply failed at the wrong point.  I would need a sample size greater than one to really get anything meaningful.  I did update the firmware from a Virtualbox again (same version) and it took...so no conclusions!

Blue,

I ran into a snag myself.  Using Virtualbox it seems the USB connection isn't reliable.  Constantly disconnecting in the middle of the upload...
I, however, was able to get out of it with a soft reboot and no harm.  Busting out the old netbook once again!

blueridgedog said:

Double posting this here:

I tried it with several virtual box setups, booting each one with the AOSWKLLNXNSV device visible to the OS.  In each case escribe would not recognize it and would not do a manual update.  Today I dusted off an old laptop with XP on it and put on the latest escribe.  It saw the device and put on the latest firmware and the device was then recognized as a DNA200.  The device now lights up when connected to a USB power supply, but the battery voltage is displayed as 0.00, 2.05 and 3.7 volts respectively (though it was at about 75% when the event happened).  So either the pack was damaged during the event or the charging circuitry/monitoring was damaged.  I am at the office today and on the road so I don't have access to a volt meter to verify if it is the pack or the chip.  I have my old telco tool kit somewhere here and will see if there is a multimeter in it.

For now I think there is some issue with the virtualbox method or that this was just a fluke and the chip simply failed at the wrong point.  I would need a sample size greater than one to really get anything meaningful.  I did update the firmware from a Virtualbox again (same version) and it took...so no conclusions!

So it sounds like yours may be centered around a failed cell or bad connection in your 3s lipo.  Hopefully your board may be salvageable!

Realizing now that my Hana Modz V200 that wont do any firmware updates for quite a while now (DNA200 Board SN#DTKTBYZTMPNS Mod Configured: Monday July 27, 2015@4:19pm Board Programmed: Tuesday, June 30, 2015@4:56pm) has battery power & Battery charging with no issues, however when I finally took apart the JST RCY connector at the lipo, following your advice, the board completely shut down, but would not light up at all with the usb cable alone hooked to Escribe.  Communications with the Hana USB cable have gotten steadily worse, but it communicates just fine with a few other usb cables I have at the house.  None of these usb cables will light the board display of the Hana V200 at all with the JST RCY connector disconnected and I'm convinced that this is the cause of the firmware update failures I have been experiencing for quite a while now.

Hanav200_ni200_28g_twisted_11_wrap_3mm_coil_3.png

I hate to add that I was using a Hana cable for my updates!  The chip appears salvageable but as laadam pointed out, there is an issue with virtualbox connectivity that I need to figure out.  It is fine for configuration, but it appears to drop the USB connection periodically (using USB3 ports).  I am going to get it some more, but you can actually see it in device monitor...a periodic drop.  My problem I think is that this happened in the flash process.

blueridgedog said:

I hate to add that I was using a Hana cable for my updates!  The chip appears salvageable but as laadam pointed out, there is an issue with virtualbox connectivity that I need to figure out.  It is fine for configuration, but it appears to drop the USB connection periodically (using USB3 ports).  I am going to get it some more, but you can actually see it in device monitor...a periodic drop.  My problem I think is that this happened in the flash process.

That might be the source of all your ills. I tested both Hana cables I have and both are crap. I use Blackberry, LG, Samsung and Anker USB cables for both charging and data transfers.